Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Dec 13, 2010 at 9:33 AM Post #31 of 5,568
On second thought all Westone number prints are negative. Meaning, the "1", "2" and "3" are actually the black part and the color is used for the background / contour image giving shape to the number.

In this scenario you would have to find the "4" in black with the orange (or red) being the negative of that. I can't see that.

Dec 13, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #34 of 5,568

Quote:
OK, I've been fussing with my limited ability with Photoshop, so excuse the amateurish result :)

But I think it's safe to say that it's definitely not a "3"

LOL...cut and paste cut n' paste...but i'm positive that's a four...

Dec 13, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #39 of 5,568

Quote:
I'm so glad I didn't purchase the Westone 3's last week. I bought a full can instead. I'm gonna get these Westone 4's in the near future.

Putting off buying an existing product is why manufacturers don't want to announce new products until their production plans are in place.  If everyone stopped buying product because they knew for sure a better model would be out in a couple of months, think of the world of hurt it would do to the cash flow.  On the other hand, if the intent is to carefully build buzz . . .

Dec 13, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #41 of 5,568
Dec 13, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #42 of 5,568

Quote:
Just waiting for UE to leak a Quadra.Fi 12.

I've heard (though I don't remember where) that Logitech has given up developing a better universal than the Triple Fi. For them, only stage monitors matter, and audiophiles don't. Maybe the market is so small for a 'big' company like that. meh. 

Dec 13, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #44 of 5,568

Quote:
Westone 4.  Can't imagine it could sound better than W3 which really has no flaws IMHO.  Also can't imagine it costing any less that $499.

hmm...I didn't think of the price....maybe one day they will have a buy one driver get another half off sale?

Dec 13, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #45 of 5,568
now that I think of it...$499 is actually quite a doozy....@____@

Users who are viewing this thread

Back