Westone 4 Impressions and Reviews Thread
Dec 11, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #16 of 5,568
The orange color matches the orange "iPod" icon on the iPad's screen. Hopefully this means I'll be able to get some used Westone 3's at a price I can afford 
etysmile.gif

Dec 11, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #17 of 5,568
I thought it was a just blur on the photo but looking closely now it really does look like a 4...Awesome!

Dec 11, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #18 of 5,568
The thing that makes me think it's a 4 is the angle of the black part that protrudes into the orange. On the W3s it's more rounded looking, plus the lines don't connect that deep into the red shape

Dec 12, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #22 of 5,568

Quote:
Could someone use a software to blow the image and enhance the resolution somehow?

I'm sure someone on Head-fi would have the tools. My monitor is not helping either
mad.gif

I'm almost positive it is  a 4....

Dec 12, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #23 of 5,568
I need these! At first I thought it could have been the limited edition W3's based on the colour but after double checking they look totally different.

I'd sell my 3's straight away for 4 drivers... could be waiting forever though!

Dec 12, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #24 of 5,568
Being that I just bought the W3, I'm not sure how to take this news. On the plus side though, I only use IEMs while commuting so the sound quality of a W4 would probably exceed my needs.

Dec 12, 2010 at 2:06 PM Post #25 of 5,568
Quote:
Interesting....I wonder if it will take 3 years to get to market like W3 did?

It's gonna take 4 years. lol

Dec 12, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #26 of 5,568
It definitely looks like a 4 to me.  I'm no expert, but just playing with some basic photo editing tools I was able to make the 4 more visible.

C'mon Flavio, You must have a contact at Westone that can confirm that a W4 is in the works.  We're counting on you to get to the bottom of this.  
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 12, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #27 of 5,568
That looks much sharper now and it does look like a 4.

I do know people at Westone but wouldn't count on any of them to "deliver" their CEO unless they are authorized to disclose that. Manufacturers are very secretive about what they are working on until they feel "safe" to announce it.

Because of CES's being in early January I'd expect any announcement during that trade show. IF the product is "close enough" to be shipped by summer or something. Specially after the delays they had with the "3" I bet they'd be much more careful about making any announcements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back