Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Sep 6, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #7,997 of 14,274
Too  funny!  I had that very same watch.  I was never cool, though 
confused.gif

Sep 6, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #8,000 of 14,274
  Cheat on math test anyone ?

For the tests I've taken (where you are recorded and have to use an ID and palm scan to enter and leave the testing room), you have to take everything off except your clothes (including a watch) and put them in a locker.  
frown.gif

Sep 6, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #8,002 of 14,274

haha i mean back in elementary school

I understand.  Yeah, back in the day, those calculator watches were seen as pretty nerdy (at least where I lived), but nowadays they are a novelty of sorts, fashion statement even, as they even have gold versions on sale at American Apparel. 

Sep 6, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #8,003 of 14,274
  Guys,

I am thinkin of getting a watch for everyday use at the office. I have a Speedy Pro, a dress Maurice Lacroix and a Tissot T-touch Expert, but want something casual in between T-Touch and the other watches. i have found a nice looking Tissot PR 516 GL Automatic.

What do you think of this watch?

Order placed :)

Sep 6, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #8,005 of 14,274
Good for you....man...solid watch

How do you like your G-Shock Orange GX56?

I purchased mine a few years back, and since then I haven't seen any more for sale at any brick and mortar store other than the one I found mine at.

Sep 6, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #8,006 of 14,274
How do you like your G-Shock Orange GX56?

I purchased mine a few years back, and since then I haven't seen any more for sale at any brick and mortar store other than the one I found mine at.

Solid watch...built like a tank...solar powered....automatic led display light turn on when in the dark when turn at 45 degree.....cool watch....

Sep 6, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #8,007 of 14,274

Solid watch...built like a tank...solar powered....automatic led display light turn on when in the dark when turn at 45 degree.....cool watch....

My sentiments exactly! Are you looking at getting another G? Another one that is almost or just as rugged is the Rangeman series, albeit it does cost more, but has barometric, elevation and compass sensors with Multi Band 6 as well.

Sep 6, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #8,009 of 14,274
My sentiments exactly! Are you looking at getting another G? Another one that is almost or just as rugged is the Rangeman series, albeit it does cost more, but has barometric, elevation and compass sensors with Multi Band 6 as well.

Me used to have extensive collection of colorful G Shock.....me like loud shocking color.....but seeing that in me arsenal of watches....mostly Seiko and Citizen diving automatic watches...haha.....too many watches....don't know which one to wear.....over time the plastic resin of G Shock become brittle and some gummy.....so now more into Protrek range.....heard from my regular seller....need to rinse those G Shock under cold tap water to prevent the plastic resin turning bad...

Sep 6, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #8,010 of 14,274
Me used to have extensive collection of colorful G Shock.....me like loud shocking color.....but seeing that in me arsenal of watches....mostly Seiko and Citizen diving automatic watches...haha.....too many watches....don't know which one to wear.....over time the plastic resin of G Shock become brittle and some gummy.....so now more into Protrek range.....heard from my regular seller....need to rinse those G Shock under cold tap water to prevent the plastic resin turning bad...

Yeah, haven't had any issues with the resin turning bad or changing colors, but I do not just leave them around in the open air.  I keep them in a plastic container and just pull one out based on my mood, as I have almost every color in the rainbow.  Can't wait to get one of the six gold colored G's that are coming out soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back