Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Sep 6, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #8,011 of 14,274
Yeah, haven't had any issues with the resin turning bad or changing colors, but I do not just leave them around in the open air.  I keep them in a plastic container and just pull one out based on my mood, as I have almost every color in the rainbow.  Can't wait to get one of the six gold colored G's that are coming out soon.

Me days of crazy buying spree is over man ...but I can appreciate your desire for G Shock ...me was once like you .....lol

Sep 6, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #8,012 of 14,274

Me days of crazy buying spree is over man ...but I can appreciate your desire for G Shock ...me was once like you .....lol

LOL...interesting.  Yeah, I have slowed down my G buying as well.  I only get new ones if they are distinctly different.  Anyways, my money is going to books and tests these days.

Sep 6, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #8,014 of 14,274
someone gifted me the ikepod mini hourglass today. I think because I wanted one but I couldn't understand why so expensive lol. it is also one with a custom color nano balls so I don't even know what they paid. just happy I didn't haha. seriously, it was a very nice gift indeed.

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/2011/3/29/the-ikepod-hourglass-by-marc-newson-quite-possibly-the-coole.html

in case someone does not know the relevance, ikepod is a watch manufacturer and the hourglass keeps time! 

Sep 6, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #8,015 of 14,274
someone gifted me the ikepod mini hourglass today. I think because I wanted one but I couldn't understand why so expensive lol. it is also one with a custom color nano balls so I don't even know what they paid. just happy I didn't haha. seriously, it was a very nice gift indeed.

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/2011/3/29/the-ikepod-hourglass-by-marc-newson-quite-possibly-the-coole.html

in case someone does not know the relevance, ikepod is a watch manufacturer and the hourglass keeps time! 

Nice friend you have ...serius dolla !

Sep 6, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #8,016 of 14,274

Wow, that is strangely mesmerizing. I would stare at that all the time.

Sep 6, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #8,017 of 14,274

That hourglass does look mighty nice.  I wouldn't even want to touch it if I knew what your friend paid for that hourglass.

Sep 7, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #8,018 of 14,274
So now I have:

Ga-1000 (my favorite thus far, by a wide margin)
Ga-100
G-7710
Gd-350 (awaiting delivery)
Gdf-100 (awaiting delivery)

What should I get when my next paycheck arrives? I love the gwa-1100 but it's too expensive, so I'll get it for my birfday in december.

I like the 5600's, 7900's and 8900's. I like all of the master of g models.

Budgat around $250 perhaps and I don't mind mixing several watches.

Give me suggestions :)

Sep 7, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #8,019 of 14,274
So now I have:

Ga-1000 (my favorite thus far, by a wide margin)
Ga-100
G-7710
Gd-350 (awaiting delivery)
Gdf-100 (awaiting delivery)

What should I get when my next paycheck arrives? I love the gwa-1100 but it's too expensive, so I'll get it for my birfday in december.

I like the 5600's, 7900's and 8900's. I like all of the master of g models.

Budgat around $250 perhaps and I don't mind mixing several watches.

Give me suggestions :)

Pictures of your conquests? And...was the question directed towards me or anyone who reads the thread?

Sep 7, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #8,020 of 14,274
I
Pictures of your conquests? And...was the question directed towards me or anyone who reads the thread?

I've actually been taking pictues today:

Question was for everyone, but I was hoping you'd bite the bait!

Some of the pics aren't from today though. All were taken with my iPhone though.

Sep 7, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #8,021 of 14,274
Nice shots! I bite easier if you just quote me! :wink:

To answer your question though, I would just get a Rangeman on sale, which would be around $250. Also, they have more colors to choose from now, so you should be able to find one that suits your wants and needs. Take a look at the Rangeman if you can, you may like it!

Sep 7, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #8,022 of 14,274
Nice shots! I bite easier if you just quote me! :wink:

To answer your question though, I would just get a Rangeman on sale, which would be around $250. Also, they have more colors to choose from now, so you should be able to find one that suits your wants and needs. Take a look at the Rangeman if you can, you may like it!

Thanks.

Yeah the Rangeman is already on my horizon. Seems like the best master of g out there.

Sep 7, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #8,023 of 14,274
Thanks.

Yeah the Rangeman is already on my horizon. Seems like the best master of g out there.

I believe that price-to-features ratio, the Rangeman is the cream of the crop when it comes to G-Shocks. This is excluding the < $200 Bluetooth watches, of course.

Sep 10, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #8,024 of 14,274
I received the GDF100 yesterday. By far my fav G-Shock yet. The comfort is superb, the size of the digits are perfect and the looks of it are terrific. The illumination is white too, so it's the easiest watch I have to read in the dark. The functions are normal Casio stuff, plus barometric pressure, altimeter and a thermometer. I don't know if I trust those things, and I probably shouldn't, but they're really nothing but fancy eye candy for me. Great, great watch.

Just ordered the 7900-1 as well. We'll see if I get the Rangeman after the 25th (salary) or not. I've spotted some mighty fine Wengers on sale as well, and truth be told, I'm a sucker for that Swiss army type watch like Wenger, Victorinox and so on. My Sector is getting a little lonely in the Swiss watch department.

One last thing: I've become more or less skeptic about solar watches due to the fact that I live in Sweden, which essentially means that we live in darkness during winters. Do solars pick up energy from indoor lights as well, or does it have to be the sun (uv?)? If so, I might just live in a bad spot (latitude wise) for solar watches...

Sep 10, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #8,025 of 14,274
Do solars pick up energy from indoor lights as well, or does it have to be the sun (uv?)? If so, I might just live in a bad spot (latitude wise) for solar watches...

At least the G-shocks and Eco-Drives I have do... they take longer to "charge" with indoor lighting (especially the Citizen ones) but they do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back