Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Sep 10, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #8,027 of 14,274
Ah, that's a good thing then. Now to decide between a Rangeman and a Wenger, or a Mudman (9300) AND a Wenger...

I never really loved the Mudmans because they are asymmetrical, but a Rangeman on sale would be a great buy.  As for charging indoors, yeah, it will charge, but not fast as being outside in the full sun.  Maybe a special sun light would help make the watch(es) charge faster. 

Let us know what you get!
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 11, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #8,028 of 14,274
Apparently, in my sleeping pill haze, I ordered not only the G7900, but also the G9100 (the Gulfman) from ebay and some Singaporian seller. I had no recollection of it until I logged my bank. I suppose they don't have the same cancellation policy at ebay as they have on Amazon - so I guess I'm stuck with that particular purchase. No worries, just a bit of a meltdown from my wife is expected. It's okay, the 9400 vs Wenger debate is still up for the 25th this month. Luckily I am selling my Denon D2000 so these sleeping pill adventures on ebay and amazon aren't too damaging. Still, better start blocking certain sites after a certain time for me.

Luckily I love G-Shocks and cheap headphones rather than Rolexes and Audezes.

So, awaiting the arrival of:

I love the color scheme of whitish grey, black and red. Can you tell?

Sep 11, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #8,030 of 14,274
Apple Watch

​There, I said it (someone had to….this is the watch forum after all 
smile.gif
)

Sep 11, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #8,031 of 14,274
Yeah I can tell, Coq de Combat, whew! :smile: I have yet to see a Gulfman worn out and about in the U.S. (Not regularly sold at the large department stores).

Enjoy your watches!

[COLOR=141414]Apple Watch[/COLOR]

[COLOR=141414]​There, I said it (someone had to….this is the watch forum after all [/COLOR]:smile: )

It does look pretty snazzy. I guess we will get to find out for ourselves once the watch is available for us regular folk in the next upcoming months.

Sep 11, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #8,032 of 14,274
  Apple Watch

​There, I said it (someone had to….this is the watch forum after all 
smile.gif
)

Seems like a fun techy watch to buy if you're in the Apple Eco system already. Reminds me of my Tissot T-Touch, a geeky watch you can wear while working out or with a suit. For people who have more expensive watches already this could be something to wear when you don't want to mess up your better stuff which is what i plan on using this for. I love how all the tech blogs are ripping it for not being water proof, silly cats there is no watch that is water proof!

Sep 11, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #8,033 of 14,274
You may be right, but this video makes a pretty compelling argument. :bigsmile_face:

[VIDEO]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xY_XfNbsHHM[/VIDEO]

Sep 11, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #8,034 of 14,274

Seems like a fun techy watch to buy if you're in the Apple Eco system already. Reminds me of my Tissot T-Touch, a geeky watch you can wear while working out or with a suit. For people who have more expensive watches already this could be something to wear when you don't want to mess up your better stuff which is what i plan on using this for. I love how all the tech blogs are ripping it for not being water proof, silly cats there is no watch that is water proof!

Beeeee-leeeee! How's it going'?

Sep 11, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #8,035 of 14,274
You may be right, but this video makes a pretty compelling argument.
bigsmile_face.gif

Many watches can go down to crazy depth but nothing is waterproof, it will break at some point with pressure. I used to have a Breitling Seawolf that could do 10,000 ft. Never did that myself but i did jump out of a plane with it on and we both survived. 

Beeeee-leeeee! How's it going'?

Same stuff here. still loving the 112! i need a new strap though, wore all of the others out bad...haha How are you

Sep 11, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #8,036 of 14,274
I miss my Panerai PAM0112. Now I'm sporting a Marina Militaire knockoff.

The Bell & Ross Hydromax allegedly goes down to 33,000 feet and it's still rated as being only water resistant!

Sep 15, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #8,037 of 14,274
I purchased 3 G-Shocks this weekend - 2 on eBay for a great deal (won 2 bidding auctions), as these particular models are not sold in the U.S. - yet at least.

The third G is one that I have been wanting ever since I saw it on the interwebs a few months ago.  It is currently going for twice its price on auction sites, but I was able to find one at a department store at South Coast Plaza.  They call this...The Iron Man Watch:

Sep 15, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #8,039 of 14,274
@moedawg140...very nice Ironman

Thanks, Wokei, I appreciate it.

The other 2 that I won/bought are two gold variances.  I'll post pictures of those once I receive them. 
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back