warm dac/amp for fischer fa-011's
Aug 14, 2012 at 12:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

proffesso

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, been a lurker here for a while, and finally made an account today :)

after reading about the fischer fa-011's on this site, I picked some up, very pleased, far more engaging than my ad700's they replaced.

im currently looking for a new dac/amp to replace the Fiio E10 im using

my pc doesnt have a soundcard, nor optical outs...purely usb only (server mobo) and I need line output for powered desktop speakers

options im looking at so far -

audisnt HUD-MX1
aune Mini USB DAC MK2 SE
Audioengine D1
NuForce Icon2
HRT Music Streamer 2
Arcam rPac
Audioquest Dragonfly

are these overkill for the fischers? ie, am I only going to notice the dragonfly's qualities if I have far better headphones than now?

Cheers,

Aug 14, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Hi guys, been a lurker here for a while, and finally made an account today :)
after reading about the Fischer Audio FA-011's on this site, I picked some up, very pleased, far more engaging than my ad700's they replaced.
I'm currently looking for a new dac/amp to replace the Fiio E10 I'm using
my PC doesn't have a sound card, nor optical outs...purely USB only (server mobo) and I need line output for powered desktop speakers
options im looking at so far -
audisnt HUD-MX1
aune Mini USB DAC MK2 SE
Audioengine D1
NuForce Icon2
HRT Music Streamer 2
Arcam rPac
Audioquest Dragonfly
Are these overkill for the Fischer Audio? ie, am I only going to notice the dragonfly's qualities if I have far better headphones than now?

I'm guessing this setup is for music, any movies? or gaming?
For music audio, have you tried using Foobar?
The Fischer Audio FA-011 are 160-Ohm, which is not too over demanding for the Fiio E10 and the E10's DAC (WM8740) seems to be well though of.
Might consider checking all your computers audio setting just in case the E10 is not receiving the best possible digital audio stream.
Also make sure your using the latest audio software for whatever audio chip is built in the the motherboard.

Aug 14, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #4 of 4
oh im happy with the fiio, but i use it on my office pc, so i'll be moving it to the server pc and getting an upgrade for the office (where most of my listening is done), so not really replacing it, just a nice excuse to get something newer/better.

also the machines I use do not have soundcards at all, onboard or dedicated. there is no audio software etc, nothing to update there :)

Amorgan, the odac looks interesting, but its a touch more than what I want to spend alas...looking at around 200 - 250 max

Users who are viewing this thread

Back