Wanting to buy new headphones
Feb 24, 2022 at 7:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

CarlToft

New Head-Fier
I currently use the m50x, they sound ok but not very impressive. I don't exactly know my preference in the tuning. But I like how the 7hz timeless sounds, same with Mangird tea's. I know that headphones don't sound the same as iems but i like tuning of them. I mostly listen to rap. I prefer them to have some bass. Would love to get some recommendations for headphones and amps if they need more power.
Just to be clear i am looking for over ear headphones not iems.
My max budget for both will be around $300. I live in Europe (Denmark).
If I need more information I will add it

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2022 at 7:06 PM Post #2 of 5
Soundmagic HP200 (open) or HP151 (closed) headphone, if you can still find them.

Feb 27, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #4 of 5
The M50x, Teas, and Timeless all have slightly-to-moderately V-shaped tuning, and if you listen to rap, V shaped is generally the best choice imo, so what you want to look for is budget or midfi v shaped headphones.

I might take a look at the Philips Fidelio X2HR, Beyerdynamics DT880 Pro, Beyerdynamics DT990, or Beyerdynamics TYGR 300R for open backs, and the Beyerdynamics DT770 Pro, Sony MDR-1AM2, or used E-MU Teaks (if you can find them at that price they're worth it) for closed back.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2022 at 2:39 AM Post #5 of 5
The M50x, Teas, and Timeless all have slightly-to-moderately V-shaped tuning, and if you listen to rap, V shaped is generally the best choice imo, so what you want to look for is budget or midfi v shaped headphones.

I might take a look at the Philips Fidelio X2HR, Beyerdynamics DT880 Pro, Beyerdynamics DT990, or Beyerdynamics TYGR 300R for open backs, and the Beyerdynamics DT770 Pro, Sony MDR-1AM2, or used E-MU Teaks (if you can find them at that price they're worth it) for closed back.
Thanks do I need an amp for them, if yes do you have any recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back