Wagnus Cables Thread
Dec 29, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #76 of 143
The Progress and Icesword both look awesome (green and blue). Better take the green to complement your iem cable Bootsy!

You're right, they both look and sound sweet, I don't think I could go wrong either way.

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #79 of 143
Surprise surprise , just got the info from Haru, I guess he's a night owl too. Alright, and I quote

"This one is maybe "Choco Banana late' "

"It's made by 1970's east Germany wires. And I blended by vintage solders. Not much rare wire but it have bit interesting sound. "

Dec 29, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #81 of 143
Hi Bootsy,

Thanks! Surely Haru san has good ears for vintage wires and taste for funky names!
He makes his cables like limited edition cables for us to choose. Honestly tempted
to get those and don't know where to start :)

Jan 15, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #83 of 143
@efftee

Are you ready to give brief impressions on your new toys? :D

Unfortunately, my K10 and Fitears are only expected to arrive early Feb. However, I did managed to sneak a listen to the Sieve Sheep on a borrowed 335 and all I can say for now is, it's promising!

I did play with the Baby Sheep and Ice Sword interconnects on both the AK240 and Lotoo Paw Gold with the Porta Tube and Carot One Nik-58. I can't really tell much difference between the two sonically, both I like more than the Voshkod and Himmel, but the Baby Sheep is such a joy to use, being so pliant and light, that it's my default IC now. The Ice Sword is completely befitting its name -- hard and stiff, qualities much better for something rather than cable or so my girlfriends say... :D

I'll share more detailed impressions some time in Feb.

Mar 10, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #84 of 143
The Fitears (333 and 335) have landed! Initial impressions of the Luna on the 333, superb clarity on the mids and highs, very open sound, great sound stage, absolutely nailed the solo violin pieces though a bit bright on female vocals, especially soprano arias. Still, very impressive indeed. I thought the bass would be non-existent but not shabby at all. That is, until, I listened to the 335 on the Sieve Sheep. I can't say it loses out to the 333-Luna on clarity, it is a tad warmer, but beyond pieces demanding great mids/highs, the 335-SS is, in my opinion, quite hard to be beat on the music I listen to. I find myself listening to one more piece after another with the 335-SS, don't really want to stop haha!

So far, it's just on the RWAK240 balanced out. I will test the 2 Fitears, 3 Wagnus cables (Luna, Sieve Sheep and Diamond Dust) on my other DAPs, Lotoo Paw and Tera, as well and report back later.

Mar 10, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #85 of 143
  The Fitears (333 and 335) have landed! Initial impressions of the Luna on the 333, superb clarity on the mids and highs, very open sound, great sound stage, absolutely nailed the solo violin pieces though a bit bright on female vocals, especially soprano arias. Still, very impressive indeed. I thought the bass would be non-existent but not shabby at all. That is, until, I listened to the 335 on the Sieve Sheep. I can't say it loses out to the 333-Luna on clarity, it is a tad warmer, but beyond pieces demanding great mids/highs, the 335-SS is, in my opinion, quite hard to be beat on the music I listen to. I find myself listening to one more piece after another with the 335-SS, don't really want to stop haha!

So far, it's just on the RWAK240 balanced out. I will test the 2 Fitears, 3 Wagnus cables (Luna, Sieve Sheep and Diamond Dust) on my other DAPs, Lotoo Paw and Tera, as well and report back later.

Congrats!! What's 335-SS? Is this the MH335DW-SR CIEM?

Mar 10, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #89 of 143
None of any significance. As I understand, BAs don't require much, if any, burn in. The cables I have played with on some demos now and then while waiting for the phones to arrive. What kind of burn in do you think I need?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back