Wagnus Cables Thread
Dec 26, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #61 of 143
Haru debuted a new cable at the e-Earphone Portable Audio Festival last weekend. It's the Diamond Dust for JH Audio Siren Series iems.
It might be released in spring and a special edition limited to only 5 pieces.

Toru(Wagnus),Bootsy1,Haru(Wagnus)

Dec 27, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #65 of 143
Wonderful cable that you have there.
Thank you for your impression.

Really like to see the beautiful cables from Wagnus!

Wondering how the vintage wire / cables vs the current top manufacturers today.
Sometimes it is just bewildering to see whether the newer technology is just 'new', but not advancing in quality while some vintage wires could do the job (many many years ago).
In fact, your impression shows not only the basic copper sound but also the silver sound with soundstage / 3d / detailed.

Will definitely look into Wagnus in the near future!

Quote:
  Hi, Sorry for the late reply, season madness..

It's still in the early stages of burn-in, Haru recommends 10 hours but in my experience it takes longer for a cable to settle down. I'm at around the 30-40 hour mark. 

Early impressions compared with ref1's V2 gold/silver cable are:

- copperish sound for those familiar with copper cables
- fuller, larger image 
- very 3D 
- detailed
- bass more weight and slightly fatter

It's a very engaging sound and pulls at the heartstrings. I'm having an especially good time with DSD classical string music.

Used the balance output of the AK240 mostly. It's definitely better than from the single ended output. To compare with the ref1 original cable, I used the Haru made connector with SS material.

The cable has VentureCraft termination with a nice metal strain relief coil at the end. And the gold and silver flake decoration inside the plastic connectors are a nice touch, very classy. 

The solder points are nicely done, especially for the balance connector. It's tight given the thinness of the connector. The SS material connector termination comes across as loose as there isn't a filler between the cable and the connector but looking inside it seems sturdy enough albeit astetically wanting.

Haru says the SS cable was originally for Pro studio audio cable (mastering studio). 
The diameter of Sieve Sheep is about 22AWG with 60 copper wires each in a silked wrap.

It's more flexible than the silver/gold wire and definitely more comfortable to wear and easier to store. It's surprising how important this is and until I started to use it, didn't realise what a pain the original cable was to handle. 

The balanced connector side solder points above. Below shots of the SS material connector for single ended use. 

Dec 27, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #66 of 143
This is simply stunning and no Roxy replacement cables are as beautiful as this one.
Too bad, I don't have a Roxy to find a reason to buy this cable!!

Thank you Bootsy!
Your Wagnus update is a good source of information.

Wonder if you have a chance to listen to Baby Sheep mini-to-mini, so we could 'taste' the sound before we make the ultimate upgrade to Sieve Sheep cable someday.

Cheers mate!

Quote:
Haru debuted a new cable at the e-Earphone Portable Audio Festival last weekend. It's the Diamond Dust for JH Audio Siren Series iems.
It might be released in spring and a special edition limited to only 5 pieces.

Toru(Wagnus),Bootsy1,Haru(Wagnus)

Dec 28, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #68 of 143
I've been using the Voskhod ($140) for the past 2 years now and I'll switch to either the Ice Sword($170 blue) or Progress ($170 green)(Leaning toward the Ice Sword, very detailed powerful sound and huge soundstage). Anakchan, Wagnus(Haru), & myself will meet up for dinner next month hopefully and I can A/B his cables then, and make a final decision. They both do everything the Voskhod does, but with more power, a bigger soundstage and detailing. The Ice Sword is paper clip stiff, you form it to whatever shape you want. The Baby Sheep is soft and natural sounding(it's the Sieve Sheep cable and a bit too laidback for me) and the Sputnik $150 has a flat reference type signature. The Bewo--- is mocha colored and about $90 has a smoky warm tubey signature. If these mini-cables were double price, I'd still buy them, they sound that good. I really don't wanna say which is the best, it's up to your taste/preference.

Ice Sword

Progress

Baby Sheep

Voskhod

Dec 28, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #69 of 143
Thank you Bootsy1!
By the way, it looks like the Baby Sheep does not have the same shrink wrap / plastic coating for the iem cable and looks quite fragile.
The Ice Sword looks tough and tasty for the sound signature.

Dec 28, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #70 of 143
Thank you Bootsy1!
By the way, it looks like the Baby Sheep does not have the same shrink wrap / plastic coating for the iem cable and looks quite fragile.
The Ice Sword looks tough and tasty for the sound signature.

The Voskhod and Baby Sheep appear to have the same wrapping and it's prone to fraying. The fraying can be aestectically unpleasant to look at after awhile, but as I mentioned above, I've been using it for 2 years on the go everyday without any issues.
That's right lescanadiens,the Ice Sword absolutely "looks and sound THE BUSINESS".

Dec 28, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #71 of 143
A couple of Sieve Sheep, a Diamond Dust, Luna, Baby Sheep and Ice Sword ICs, Progress adaptor cable.
biggrin.gif
:

Cool. 
wink.gif

Which version of the Diamond Dust, if I may ask (eagerly awaiting your impressions, btw)? 
biggrin.gif

@Bootsy1

Which cable(s) from Haru's line-up do you think can match up with the uBer/uBer Too cable?

And is there any IEM cable which can 'replicate' the Ice Sword's signature?

Thanks. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #72 of 143
@Bootsy1

Which cable(s) from Haru's line-up do you think can match up with the uBer/uBer Too cable?

And is there any IEM cable which can 'replicate' the Ice Sword's signature?

Thanks. :)  
[/quote]

The Progress Bootsy1 cable to both your questions. I haven't heard the Über2, so I can't say. Both the Sieve Sheep and Progress Bootsy1 cables have excellent detailing, but that's where the similarities end,the Progress Bootsy1 has a bigger soundstage and a livelier sound. When I asked Haru to make the cable for me, I told him I wanted a cable with the biggest soundstage possible,power(energy) ,and completely solid from top to bottom, Haru came back with Progress Bootsy1 instead of the Sieve Sheep. I'm not knocking the Sieve Sheep, it's one hell of a cable, I'm just telling you what happened.

Dec 29, 2014 at 4:03 AM Post #75 of 143
The Progress and Icesword both look awesome (green and blue). Better take the green to complement your iem cable Bootsy!

The Voskhod and Baby Sheep appear to have the same wrapping and it's prone to fraying. The fraying can be aestectically unpleasant to look at after awhile, but as I mentioned above, I've been using it for 2 years on the go everyday without any issues.
That's right lescanadiens,the Ice Sword absolutely "looks and sound THE BUSINESS".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back