Wagnus Cables Thread
Nov 7, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #46 of 143
@Bootsy1,

Thank you for spending your time for the clarifications.
Very thoughtful answers and structures.

Really enjoy reading it and definitely will consider the Wagnus products especially the cables mentioned in the post.

Want to try Sieve Sheep but synergy is the thing I am afraid of, since buying a cable with that price and then to find it is off the expectation, very hard to sell them off.
Wish to hear more from the people that bought / order the cable so we can have more understanding and nuances.

Cheers mate! 
beerchug.gif

Nov 8, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #48 of 143
Already ordered balance version of Sieve Sheep. Will give impressions in a month after I get it. :smile:

Haru did say I could swap it for another if I didn't like it. That's how confident he was.

Nov 8, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #50 of 143
@Bootsy1

Thank you for spending your time for the clarifications.
Very thoughtful answers and structures.

Really enjoy reading it and definitely will consider the Wagnus products especially the cables mentioned in the post.

Want to try Sieve Sheep but synergy is the thing I am afraid of, since buying a cable with that price and then to find it is off the expectation, very hard to sell them off.
Wish to hear more from the people that bought / order the cable so we can have more understanding and nuances.

Cheers mate! :beerchug:

My pleasure lescanadiens. I was able to get the background of the Progress Bootsy1 cable and just put all the cable descriptions together.

Thank you for your Questions about our Cables.

"Sieve Sheep" is the flagship cable for our products.
I started to make this cable for a professional mastering studio (the balanced XLR cable).
After that I gave it away to Ted Jensen (from Sterling Mastering).
http://wagnus.exblog.jp/14409708/

And afterwards we considered to make the portable cables,
I made "Baby Sheep" for mini to mini cable use.
That cable was very nice, and its sounds near the Sieve Sheep.
And this cable become our best selling mini to mini cable.
This time,we thought we should drop our BEST cable in December 2014.
This is it.

Sieve Sheep recable sounds perfect and magical for listening to music.
Warm sound like a natural vinyl records and also like a tube sound.
However the resolusion is perfect. And it is powerful and phase balance is awesome.
Mostly, I wanted the sound of it to be natural, and the sound that I aimed for was musical and touches "your" heart.
This cable charmed many people in headphone festivals in Japan as we attached for our demo.

Cable detail is 1950s awesome Germany (copper found from Slovak Republic) 60 wires copper in each
and silk winding insulation (this is the perfect material).
And we chose a great "blended (2 of)" solders like a magic powder for making the sound for this cable

Also we considered how to make it,
"how to twist"
"which side to twist, example right way or left way? how many times to twist... etc"
You can check the same wire detail at here.
http://www.excite-webtl.jp/world/english/web/?wb_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwagnus.exblog.jp%2F17211456%2F&wb_lp=JAEN
Price is 100,000yen without tax and Balanced type cost 110,000yen without tax

"Diamond Dust" is the newest product that comes from Yugoslavia( "super rare" great wire).
The detail is PTFE insulation and high-purity silver plated copper with Yugoslavian industry
which was made during the cold war generation for Bulgarian and USSR Militaly specs.
The sound is bright and super clear detail sound. And phase balance is excellent,
also mid frequency power is nice. And a bit flexible.
However, this cable has few numbers and we distribute a type by lot and sell it.
The first lot (Phenomena) is sold out, and it will made from the second lot next time,
and this is going to be sold out immediately now.
But the sound quality changes by the lot.
The sound of the medium- and high-frequency area is the same tendency,
but bass sound includes a difference.
Some bottom does not appear after the second lot excessively, but plays beautiful delicate sound.

Diamond dust price is 45,000yen without tax

http://www.excite-webtl.jp/world/english/web/?wb_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwagnus.exblog.jp%2F22508806%2F&wb_lp=JAEN

And as for Progress Bootsy1 detail is..

"Progress Bootsy1" is special custom for Boosty1. This cable made in USA,
the wire is same as Proton, but the wire size is 20AWG (Proton uses 24AWG).
Wire detail is USA military spec pure silver plated copper and best insulation PTFE-ET.
And the perfect solder and soldering (this is most important) .
Progress Bootsy1 sounds very powerful attack response and the sound detail is amazing,
Also it has super wide range of sound stage that becuase the phase balance is perfect.
However its very stiff and large size therefore we can just make for single-ended cable.

The price is 58,000yen without tax.

I don't want to belabor the merits of the Progress Bootsy1 cable, so I think "what he said" will suffice :p. I've heard all 3 cables with my Tralucent 1+2 and with the Noble K10 universal and you honestly cannot go wrong with any of these cables. All were made with a specific sound signature in mind and all 3 delivered as advertised, so it really comes down to how do you want it :wink: ? I'm listening to the Progress Bootsy1 with the Tralucent 1+2 now, Soundstage-Soundstage-Soundstage :D.

Dec 15, 2014 at 6:32 AM Post #55 of 143
An interesting cable from initial impressions with my Tralucent Ref1. Will listen more before I compare it with Ref1's standard gold/silver cable.

The Wagnus Sieve Sheep. Balance with adaptor for single ended use.

Dec 16, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #57 of 143
Yes Mimouille, I may have the same connectors - like you they have the flakes also. Gold for right and silver for left eh? No instructions but guessed right the first time around.

I wonder if they also act as a RF shield of sort..?

Much prefer the pliability of this copper cable over the stiff one that came with the Ref 1.

Dec 22, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #59 of 143
Very nice looking cable!

How's the sound impression? 

Very interested with this cable!

Quote:
An interesting cable from initial impressions with my Tralucent Ref1. Will listen more before I compare it with Ref1's standard gold/silver cable.

The Wagnus Sieve Sheep. Balance with adaptor for single ended use.

Dec 25, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #60 of 143
Hi, Sorry for the late reply, season madness..

It's still in the early stages of burn-in, Haru recommends 10 hours but in my experience it takes longer for a cable to settle down. I'm at around the 30-40 hour mark. 

Early impressions compared with ref1's V2 gold/silver cable are:

- copperish sound for those familiar with copper cables
- fuller, larger image 
- very 3D 
- detailed
- bass more weight and slightly fatter

It's a very engaging sound and pulls at the heartstrings. I'm having an especially good time with DSD classical string music.

Used the balance output of the AK240 mostly. It's definitely better than from the single ended output. To compare with the ref1 original cable, I used the Haru made connector with SS material.

The cable has VentureCraft termination with a nice metal strain relief coil at the end. And the gold and silver flake decoration inside the plastic connectors are a nice touch, very classy. 

The solder points are nicely done, especially for the balance connector. It's tight given the thinness of the connector. The SS material connector termination comes across as loose as there isn't a filler between the cable and the connector but looking inside it seems sturdy enough albeit astetically wanting.

Haru says the SS cable was originally for Pro studio audio cable (mastering studio). 
The diameter of Sieve Sheep is about 22AWG with 60 copper wires each in a silked wrap.

It's more flexible than the silver/gold wire and definitely more comfortable to wear and easier to store. It's surprising how important this is and until I started to use it, didn't realise what a pain the original cable was to handle. 

The balanced connector side solder points above. Below shots of the SS material connector for single ended use. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back