VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Dec 17, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #1,456 of 2,003
  They don't clip at any volume I've used them at, so those must be ear-damagingly high levels.

i don't know. I've never owned them, and not gonna take my chances either. 

Dec 17, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #1,458 of 2,003
  wow.. shure se535s are like $400 on amazon.

The 535's are triple armature drivers, like the Westone 3, UE TF10, and Sony XBA-30, so that's quite a bold statement to make by VSonic, 

Dec 17, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #1,459 of 2,003
  The 535's are triple armature drivers, like the Westone 3, UE TF10, and Sony XBA-30, so that's quite a bold statement to make by VSonic, 

^ Doesn't matter what tech is used tbh, just how they really sound. So VSonic is basically saying that that sound of theirs is only worth about $60-$80 something to them. VSONIC IS DA' ULTIMATE TROLL JOB!!! LMAO <333s 

Dec 17, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #1,460 of 2,003
I'm currently auditioning the Audio Technica EP1, and so far, out of the box, they remind me very much of a combo of my old HiFiMan RE-0 and RE-ZERO. They are very HiFiMan in sound signature, with high degree of transparency, ruler flat FR, with bass that's there, but not anything colored at all, with beautiful natural timbre and very clear and energetic treble. This without much burn in time at all. I'll have a proper impression review after 50 hours of burn in. Those who don't appreciate the HiFiMan sound need stay away. 

Dec 17, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #1,461 of 2,003

Nah, the number of drivers has nothing to do with performance. There are single driver iems that are better than a lot of the multi-driver ones. And honestly the shures have always been very overpriced for what they are. I'm a fan of the shure sound and I understand shure's idea that they are making boutique products, so the price should be premium but when sub-$200 perform better or on-par with your $500+ flagship it's time to reconsider your marketing strategy. And yeah, I'm pretty sure vsonic can get close to shure's performance for a fraction of the price even though they are making a bit too many new products and should have probably focused on making only one or two new ones, so they can make them as best as possible instead of releasing few versions of everything.

Dec 21, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #1,463 of 2,003
Apologize ahead of time as my mini shootout between the Gr02, gr06 and vsd1 will not be posted as mods have pushed me to not contribute to this community anymore:if you still want impressions pm me.

I am between VSD1 or VSD1S, Brainwavz M2, Brainwavz R1, Soundmagic E10. I listen jazz and electronic music. What is your opinion about them?
Thanks!

Dec 21, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #1,464 of 2,003
I am between VSD1 or VSD1S, Brainwavz M2, Brainwavz R1, Soundmagic E10. I listen jazz and electronic music. What is your opinion about them?
Thanks!

Haven't heard the m2's or the e10's but the vsd1 are in a total different league than the r1's. Better in every single way.

Dec 21, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #1,465 of 2,003
Thanks!

Get either the vsd1 or vsd1s. Then choose if ya want a bossier or more neutral. And be careful if ya choose more neutral. People say they want neutral but they really don't.

Dec 21, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #1,466 of 2,003
I'm reading a lot of different things on this thread, therefore this question:
Would you recommend the VSD1S over other IEMS (Steelseries Flux i.e.) for Indie/alternative music?
Would you please listen to these songs and share your opinion?
I own the Xears XPA2pro (far to much bass, coloured ups) and the Sony MH1C (small soundstage) at the moment and I'm not completely satisfied with them.  
The best portable sound I own comes from my Creative aurvana Live Headphones. 

Radiohead - Paranoid Android
Arctic Monkeys - From the Ritz to the Rubble
White Lies - Farewell to the Fairground. 
Muse - Bliss

Thanks! Much appreciated. 

Dec 21, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #1,467 of 2,003
I haven't heard the Steelseries but I want to try them. People like the mh1 but I hated them.

Don't listen to a lot of Indie so I can't really recommend an iem for that genre.

Dec 21, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #1,468 of 2,003
The VSD1 is a great IEM for alt rock and indie. Solid but unintrusive bass, clarity and nice timbre. Soundstage? That's an individual call, and won't say one way or another, but I didn't mind it.

Dec 22, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #1,470 of 2,003
Get either the vsd1 or vsd1s. Then choose if ya want a bossier or more neutral. And be careful if ya choose more neutral. People say they want neutral but they really don't.

VSD1 is more bassier than VSD1S isn't it? It would be ok for electronic music, even for jazz?

Both the VSD1 & VSD1S are great headphones that can be used for a wide range of genres. The VSD1 is the more bassy of the brothers, while the VSD1S has a bit more mids-highs to it and a lot more clarity. If you can swing it I would look into getting a VSD1LE though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back