VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Dec 15, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #1,426 of 2,003
There is a HUGE difference in capability of the VSD1 and VSD1S in terms of presenting metal or any heavy music. Yes there is a NOTICABLE difference in instrument separation and bite and clarity of the guitars, and from your own comment, the added sparkle of the top end of the VSD1 is EXACTLY the reason it handles metal better, because despite the sibilance, and it's not as bad as you make it out to be, it gives the "illusion" of more clarity between guitars and bass and vocals in metal. The tuning of the VSD1S has less top end sparkle, and less bass weight, and this is all the difference needed to make it not as suitable for metal. thank you. 

Dec 15, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #1,428 of 2,003
  You obviously either haven't heard both, or don't listen to metal or hard rock, because if you did, you wouldn't make such a glaringly erroneous comment as this?

??? Why such a negative reply? First of all, I have all 3 versions - VSD1, VSD1S and VSD1LE. Second of all, I have spent A LOT of hours comparing the different versions. I didn't get the VSD1 and VSD1S a week a go - I've had them since their launch and have been pretty much carrying the entire thread on my shoulders. And finally, 80% of my music library is comprised of rock and metal and that's the type of music that's been dominating my listening time for the past 20 years or so.

As far as the differences between the two - I've already stated them many times. Sparkle? - smack on meelec m6's tips on VSD1S and it will increase a lot if you want that but sparkle is hardly what makes an iem better at metal. In fact the VSD1LE has the least amount of sparkle of the 3 versions and is the best one of the 3 for metal overall. Bass weight? - the VSD1 has a bit bigger bass body and impact but the VSD1S is a touch tighter and hits slightly harder, which actually makes drums a bit better to pick up from all the other noises. Sibilance? - if you took the time to read the thread you would see I've never complained about sibilance and said it's not bad or irritating me with the VSD1 - the VSD1S is not much better. There is almost no difference in instrumental separation - if anything the VSD1 sounds a touch fuller, which decreases the clarity and separation. In reality, that's a very small difference that does not affect it's ability to tackle one genre better than the VSD1S does.

Ask whoever you want that's heard both and they'll tell you the difference isn't that big between the two. Especially for ridiculous statements that a bit of mid-bass boost and a hair more pronounced top end make the VSD1S not suitable for something that the VSD1 is. You can pretty much just EQ the difference between the do. Of course, I know you don't care for other people's opinion judging by you harsh replies and bashing in the Deltas' thread.

Dec 15, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #1,429 of 2,003
can i have some of that popcorn? Buttered?

Dec 15, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #1,430 of 2,003
  ??? Why such a negative reply? First of all, I have all 3 versions - VSD1, VSD1S and VSD1LE. Second of all, I have spent A LOT of hours comparing the different versions. I didn't get the VSD1 and VSD1S a week a go - I've had them since their launch and have been pretty much carrying the entire thread on my shoulders. And finally, 80% of my music library is comprised of rock and metal and that's the type of music that's been dominating my listening time for the past 20 years or so.

As far as the differences between the two - I've already stated them many times. Sparkle? - smack on meelec m6's tips on VSD1S and it will increase a lot if you want that but sparkle is hardly what makes an iem better at metal. In fact the VSD1LE has the least amount of sparkle of the 3 versions and is the best one of the 3 for metal overall. Bass weight? - the VSD1 has a bit bigger bass body and impact but the VSD1S is a touch tighter and hits slightly harder, which actually makes drums a bit better to pick up from all the other noises. Sibilance? - if you took the time to read the thread you would see I've never complained about sibilance and said it's not bad or irritating me with the VSD1 - the VSD1S is not much better. There is almost no difference in instrumental separation - if anything the VSD1 sounds a touch fuller, which decreases the clarity and separation. In reality, that's a very small difference that does not affect it's ability to tackle one genre better than the VSD1S does.

Ask whoever you want that's heard both and they'll tell you the difference isn't that big between the two. Especially for ridiculous statements that a bit of mid-bass boost and a hair more pronounced top end make the VSD1S not suitable for something that the VSD1 is. You can pretty much just EQ the difference between the do. Of course, I know you don't care for other people's opinion judging by you harsh replies and bashing in the Deltas' thread.

that is true...the Delta's are pretty crappy. As for your backpeddling, ok, I'll give you that opportunity. As for your analysis, the guy asked which was better for metal, and I'm not going to let you steer him to something that's not suitable for metal, which the VSD1S is not. He's better off getting the VSD1 or KEF m200 for metal, and leaving the VSD1S for jazz or classical, which is what they are good for. Good day, sir. Btw..I like buttered popcorn, but when those kernal chips gets stuck between gums and teeth or the roof of your mouth?? UGH!

Dec 15, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #1,431 of 2,003
  that is true...the Delta's are pretty crappy. As for your backpeddling, ok, I'll give you that opportunity. As for your analysis, the guy asked which was better for metal, and I'm not going to let you steer him to something that's not suitable for metal, which the VSD1S is not. He's better off getting the VSD1 or KEF m200 for metal, and leaving the VSD1S for jazz or classical, which is what they are good for. Good day, sir. Btw..I like buttered popcorn, but when those kernal chips gets stuck between gums and teeth or the roof of your mouth?? UGH!

I never said - go for the VSD1S. I said that both are good with rock and metal. I'm pretty sure that if he asked joker he would recommend the VSD1S above the VSD1. The differences between the two are small and it's down to personal preference, which one gets a slight edge for a certain type of music. Some people may argue that the VSD1S' lower mids are a touch more forward, which makes male vocals sound better or that the VSD1's highs are a bit splashy in comparison. At any rate, saying that the VSD1S is not suitable for metal is quite extreme even just based on personal preference based on the small differences between the two.
Well, to each his own. 
And as far as the Deltas go, I got to spend some time with them today but I'll refrain from giving any opinion on your comments and review about them coz I'm a friendly guy and I believe everyone is entitled to his opinion even if it's wrong.

Dec 15, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #1,432 of 2,003
  can i have some of that popcorn? Buttered?

^ You can butter this up if you want.
tongue.gif

Dec 15, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #1,433 of 2,003
What do you think is the best dual dynamic iem?

Dec 17, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #1,436 of 2,003
  ^ Linky???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VSONIC-GR07-MK2-Classical-Color-Version-High-Fidelity-Inner-Ear-Earphones-/121237473047?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item1c3a510717

Dec 17, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #1,437 of 2,003
I just picked up the KEF M200 and the Klipsch X10 to replace my dying and retired UE 700. Seems to rate higher than the GR07, but man is that an AMAZING deal for the GR07! If it wasn't for fit issues with me, I'd have to consider a repurchase?

Dec 17, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #1,438 of 2,003
  I just picked up the KEF M200 and the Klipsch X10 to replace my dying and retired UE 700. Seems to rate higher than the GR07, but man is that an AMAZING deal for the GR07! If it wasn't for fit issues with me, I'd have to consider a repurchase?

Thanks for the link, if you have no fit issues with those M200s you should like them a lot. Much better than the Sony XBA 3s in timbre.

Dec 17, 2013 at 3:37 AM Post #1,439 of 2,003

Thanks for the link, if you have no fit issues with those M200s you should like them a lot. Much better than the Sony XBA 3s in timbre.

Thanks! I'm always hoping and praying in the fit department. I never know, but I'm excited for it. Should arrive in 5 business days or so? If they don't fit, then I'll be selling in 6 business days lol 

Dec 17, 2013 at 3:41 AM Post #1,440 of 2,003
  Thanks! I'm always hoping and praying in the fit department. I never know, but I'm excited for it. Should arrive in 5 business days or so? If they don't fit, then I'll be selling in 6 business days lol 

LoL, that's nothin' new. Though i keep my FOTM really for months instead of for days like you. LMAO

Try not to Anti_Hype them within a few days this tyme will ya'.
wink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/683007/the-hype-appreciation-thread/1035#post_10070197

Oh and congrats on making the BIG LEAGUES. : P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back