VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Dec 17, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #1,441 of 2,003

LoL, that's nothin' new. Though i keep my FOTM really for months instead of for days like you. LMAO

Try not to Anti_Hype them within a few days this tyme will ya'.
wink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/683007/the-hype-appreciation-thread/1035#post_10070197

Oh and congrats on making the BIG LEAGUES. : P

That thread had me laughing so hard!!! Thanks! LOL

Dec 17, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #1,443 of 2,003

LoL, that's nothin' new. Though i keep my FOTM really for months instead of for days like you. LMAO

Try not to Anti_Hype them within a few days this tyme will ya'.
wink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/683007/the-hype-appreciation-thread/1035#post_10070197

Oh and congrats on making the BIG LEAGUES. : P

I've had some disappointing IEM's pass through recently. Got caught up in the hype, then yeah, anti hyped them, but they deserved it, because they weren't all that after closer inspection...and yes..you know I'm talking about you Fidelio S2, Sony XBA-30, Brainwavz Delta, TDK IE800, and T-PEOS H-100. Yeah. I'm lookin' at y'all. Sheesh. 

i'm sure the KEF M200 and Klipsch X10 will live up to the hype and old hype. i'm pretty confident here. 

I still love my JVC FXT90, and that hype was lived up to.

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:05 AM Post #1,444 of 2,003
  I've had some disappointing IEM's pass through recently. Got caught up in the hype, then yeah, anti hyped them, but they deserved it, because they weren't all that after closer inspection...and yes..you know I'm talking about you Fidelio S2, Sony XBA-30, Brainwavz Delta, TDK IE800, and T-PEOS H-100. Yeah. I'm lookin' at y'all. Sheesh. 

i'm sure the KEF M200 and Klipsch X10 will live up to the hype and old hype. i'm pretty confident here. 

I still love my JVC FXT90, and that hype was lived up to.

^ Welp i still think those S2 are pretty decent, but they will get better with some more burn-in. Might be kinda bright/ less coherent straight outta' the box though if you like a more colored presentation they might be a bit too neutral, hence sounds kinda boring so...... if all depends on your personal preference really.

If i can pick them up for like $50 i'll do it in a heartbeat, but there are just too many better sounding stuff out or is coming out around that $100 mark so....

Waiting to get the next game changer, those Fostex IEMs for $100 next years has A LOT of potential and praise already. Same folks that hyped the Vali said they were amazing and beats the crap outta the RE-400s. LMAO
triportsad.gif

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #1,445 of 2,003

^ Welp i still think those S2 are pretty decent, but they will get better with some more burn-in. Might be kinda bright/ less coherent straight outta' the box though if you like a more colored presentation they might be a bit too neutral, hence sounds kinda boring so...... if all depends on your personal preference really.

If i can pick them up for like $50 i'll do it in a heartbeat, but there are just too many better sounding stuff out or is coming out around that $100 mark so....

Waiting to get the next game changer, those Fostex IEMs for $100 next years has A LOT of potential and praise already. Same folks that hyped the Vali said they were amazing and beats the crap outta the RE-400s. LMAO
triportsad.gif

After recently repurchasing my UE TF 10, KEF M200, and Klipsch X10, I spent north of $400 for all of them, so I'm retiring form the purchasing game for awhile. Kinda weird not scouring the internetz for deals and IEM's as we speak, but it's cool. I think I found a solid line up for now? Though the Fostex and upcoming VSonics VSD3's sure look tempting lol

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #1,446 of 2,003
  After recently repurchasing my UE TF 10, KEF M200, and Klipsch X10, I spent north of $400 for all of them, so I'm retiring form the purchasing game for awhile. Kinda weird not scouring the internetz for deals and IEM's as we speak, but it's cool. I think I found a solid line up for now? Though the Fostex and upcoming VSonics VSD3's sure look tempting lol

^ haha you'll be back in a months time. : P

THERE IS NO END NOR ESCAPE!!! Thank god we have the sale forum here to save ours @sses or else i would have been neck high with budget-fi crap. FOTM gets to ya' real BAD and adds up quick despite their low prices. LoL

Dec 17, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #1,449 of 2,003
  thoughts on vsd1/vsd1s vs klipsh s4ii ?

Well, total destruction - what else. The klipsch s4 was overhyped and underperforming for its price when it was released and now few years later there are a ton of iems under $100 that wipe the floor with it let alone the vsonics coz every single vsonic iem is better.

Dec 17, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #1,450 of 2,003
  Well, total destruction - what else. The klipsch s4 was overhyped and underperforming for its price when it was released and now few years later there are a ton of iems under $100 that wipe the floor with it let alone the vsonics coz every single vsonic iem is better.

+1 The Klipsch S4 are utter crap. bass farts with horridly tinny sibilant highs. 

Dec 17, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #1,451 of 2,003
I just cancelled my order on the Klipsch X10, thanks to a private message from a fellow head-fier who told me that they tend to clip and distort at higher volumes, and this was reaffirmed through some further research, so Klipsch sucks all around. 

Dec 17, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #1,455 of 2,003
  vsd1 sounds promising. I cant wiat for the vsd3 to come out. I really like the design and everyones saying how vsd3 is going to deliver 80% of gr07's performance

Nah, you got it all wrong. The VSD1 is the one marketed as giving 80% of gr07's sound. All we know about the VSD3 is that it's supposed to be tuned to sound like shure se535, which means it will have a different sound signature than VSD1. As far as its sq - vsonic always delivers, so I wouldn't worry but no one has said that VSD3 actually will sound better. It will have a fancier and more expensive housing though, so supposedly better build quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back