VSONIC V7007 (former "GR08") - Info & expectations thread
Sep 15, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #331 of 924
Quote:
Ok, I have some news for y'all.... there's another push-back, it's now set to be released in December.

Im not surprised by that. Hopefully ironing out any bugs with the removable cables. Still, as long as its in time for christmas I will be a happy camper!

Sep 15, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #332 of 924
Darn was hoping it would be out next month. Well as long as it comes out this year... Gives me more time to make some money to buy them 
wink.gif

Sep 16, 2012 at 5:15 AM Post #334 of 924
Quote:
I think that it's better to delay the release rather than release an unfinished and un-polished product, though I agree that it's quite disapponting to have yet another delay.

Yes, you're right, and I know that... It's just that the initial ETA was May, then October and now December! And some of us are waiting for these since the end of last year, when they were announced. In next December, it's a year of waiting... 
tongue.gif

Sep 16, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #335 of 924
Quote:
Yes, you're right, and I know that... It's just that the initial ETA was May, then October and now December! And some of us are waiting for these since the end of last year, when they were announced. In next December, it's a year of waiting... 
tongue.gif

Don't forget that the GR07 went through similar delays before it was released. People have short memories. It's just that back in the day, VSONIC wasn't nearly as famous as they are now...

Sep 16, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #336 of 924
Quote:

Don't forget that the GR07 went through similar delays before it was released. People have short memories. It's just that back in the day, VSONIC wasn't nearly as famous as they are now...

Well if it sets a similar benchmark to the GR07 in terms of price/performance the wait should be well worthwhile.

Sep 28, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #339 of 924
... I'm not the only one who keeps checking this thread everyday and refreshing the vsonic site, right?...

... right?

Sep 28, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #340 of 924
Quote:
... I'm not the only one who keeps checking this thread everyday and refreshing the vsonic site, right?...

... right?

I don't if you noticed that VSONIC delayed their launch again, this time to December! So, before then, I'm affraid there won't be much news about them to talk about... 
frown.gif

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #343 of 924
I like that they are taking their time and not trying to rush this thing out into the marketplace - I'd rather wait for a clear winner (like the 07) than settle for something that is just adequate only to save time.

Oct 4, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #344 of 924
Quote:
I like that they are taking their time and not trying to rush this thing out into the marketplace - I'd rather wait for a clear winner (like the 07) than settle for something that is just adequate only to save time.

Well, I'm currently keeping my eye over the new GR07 BASS model, to understand how long it takes for a VSONIC product that's starts selling in China to be available to the rest of the world. I think we can then take the same example to the GR08's case...

GR07 BASS availability tracking:
  1. Pre-order took place on the first two weeks of September (ended on 15/09), at a great discount price and with a GR04 as bonus offer, just for China;
  2. VSONIC started shipping it on 25/09 due to a small production delay;
  3. It's been over 1 week since they started shipping it to retailers and it's nowhere to be seen for buyers outside of China;
  4. I'll keep tracking and updating...

Oct 4, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #345 of 924
I've asked Vsonic on their facebook page if there's any release date. However, their page is VERY quite. It may be several weeks before a reply is obtained.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back