VSONIC V7007 (former "GR08") - Info & expectations thread
Oct 21, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #361 of 924
I can understand complains about GR07 treble or bas, but Built quality, especially cable... Sounds odd. 

Oct 22, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #362 of 924
Quote:
I can understand complains about GR07 treble or bas, but Built quality, especially cable... Sounds odd. 

Mine has issues at the plug - I had it re-terminated because it was cutting out and now the same problem is back. I can probably get it fixed, but it's a nuisance to say the least. I love the sound, though, so don't take this as a diss - I wouldn't get rid of these unless they completely broke down.

Oct 22, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #364 of 924
Weeks after this post, my triple-flanges arrived and while there was *some* change, they still fail to impress me. I stand by my opinion that these are only "balanced" by the analitic-lover definition of "balanced".
Oh, and one day later the cables suddendly started to fail at the L-plug while I was walking home, and by the time I arrived, it was dead.
The sibilance, cable problems, typical IEM closed sound, are making me seriously consider getting an AKG K550 instead of a GR08 :mad:

Doesn't sound like typical GR07 build quality. If you think it's bass light then you are accustomed to bass heavy iems. Try some atrios.

Oct 22, 2012 at 5:48 AM Post #366 of 924
Quote:
Mine has issues at the plug - I had it re-terminated because it was cutting out and now the same problem is back. I can probably get it fixed, but it's a nuisance to say the least. I love the sound, though, so don't take this as a diss - I wouldn't get rid of these unless they completely broke down.

My GR07 plug gave up too. I have it reterminated to a neutrik plug and it's still going strong. My only serious complaint, if I really had to, is that the cables are too springy. But they seem to have changed that in the MK2 version.

Oct 22, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #367 of 924
Guys, you know you're discussing about the GR07 in the GR08 thread, right? Why don't you take your discussion to one of the GR07 threads, please? 
smile.gif

Oct 22, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #368 of 924
God forbid that should ever happen...

Oct 24, 2012 at 5:17 AM Post #370 of 924
Finally, some news about the GR08!!! The metal parts on the housing are supposed to be made of stainless steel! And here's a small detail picture of the detachable cable socket:

Still not sure if it's a proprietary plug/socket design from VSONIC or if it's the Westone/CIEM universal kind...

Geez, you've hit the jackpot there putente. :tongue_smile: Should keep us going for a while...

Oct 24, 2012 at 5:23 AM Post #372 of 924
Well, December is almost here, and if VSONIC keeps their latest ETA for the GR08, more and more details about it should be made public in the next weeks...

Any news is good news mate, forward progression is what we want! I've timed this all perfectly with the T-Peos H-100K Hybrid IEM. Then GR08.

I have money put aside just for this purchase, not sure I want to be a guinea pig though. I might wait it out on this one unlike my still coming H-100K.

Let there be rock!

Oct 24, 2012 at 5:38 AM Post #374 of 924
What's your take on the that detachable cable socket design? I know the picture isn't detailed enough, but from what you can see, do you think it can be the Westone/CIEM universal type?

I'm not too familiar with those Westone cables unfortunately, we'll need someone else to give their view. I'm fairly confident upgrade will surface in time though. There'll be too much of a market not too. Depending on signature I'll be going for something silver plated for sure!

At least it doesn't look like a proprietary socket so far. We need indepth pictures to truly tell.

Oct 24, 2012 at 5:50 AM Post #375 of 924
Quote:
I'm not too familiar with those Westone cables unfortunately, we'll need someone else to give their view. I'm fairly confident upgrade will surface in time though. There'll be too much of a market not too. Depending on signature I'll be going for something silver plated for sure!
At least it doesn't look like a proprietary socket so far. We need indepth pictures to truly tell.

From my very limited experience with IEM cables, I'd say that it looks like it can be the Westone/CIEM type. And I hope it is... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back