VSONIC V7007 (former "GR08") - Info & expectations thread
Mar 22, 2012 at 8:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 924

putente

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi.

Since the GR01 thread is being hijacked by the GR08, I decided to start this thread, specific for the GR08. I'll update this first post it as more info becomes available... 
wink.gif

No product info about them yet on the official VSONIC site: http://www.vsonic.com.cn/

This new model has now been officially named be VSONIC as V7007!

They're supposed to have a dual balanced armature + one dynamic driver configuration, much like the AKG K3003, but at fraction of the price (less than 1/3)!
These will feature flat removable cables and the metal parts in the housing are made of stainless steel.

ETA: around February 25 (in China). The rest of the world will probably have to wait 2 or 3 weeks to buy them (at eBay or Lendmeurears).

Price: 1999 YUAN (~320 USD).

*** NEW INFO ***:

Official press image of GR08 will be released on May 1st., priced at around US$320.

And the first official rendering of GR08, thanks to ClieOS:

Detachable cable socket:

New picture of the metal part of the housings:

As said before, they are made of stainless steel, and it's visible that the housing has different parts!

Now, some new facts about this IEM, according to VSONIC's CEO:

1. it's yet to be named officially, as market product!!! We are calling it GR08 over here, but the only "name" it has so far for VSONIC is their internal product code: 008;
  2. it will feature interchangeable sonic filters (like the K3003);
  3. each unit/pair of these is supposed to have an unique serial number;
  4. it will be VSONIC highest quality production standard and complex technology IEM until now.
  5. the product package is being said to be the most luxurious IEM package in the market (not sure what they'll include even more than the GR07 package);
  6. the cable color is yet to be decided, and VSONIC is accepting user suggestions about it (I hope they go for black)!
  7. production is supposed to start within a month, so I guess we can expect that the market availability ETA for December is for real!!!

*** Newest info, as of December 2012 (thanks Leoptimistic for the translation) ***
  1. Official name is V7007;
  2. Will be officially anounced in January;
  3. Market launch will be around February 25 (in China);
  4. Price will be 1999 YUAN, about 320 USD.

cool.gif

Mar 22, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #2 of 924
$440 is way more than what I'd spend for a universal though, and I wasn't too impressed by the K3003 either for some reason.

But I'm confident that the GR08 will at least meet or exceed the expected price-to-performance ratio, given VSONIC's current winning streak with the GR06 and GR07.

Mar 22, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #5 of 924
I love my GR07 too, and I liked the GR06 (bought a set for my brother). Given the sound signature of vsonic's iems that I really like plus their technical ability I really have high hopes for the GR08. 

As for the price, we can't really say much now, except that it is (supposedly) much cheaper than the K3003. That in itself should already be a big plus, because Vsonic is showing that a dual ba + 1 dynamic combo in one iem is possible without sky-high price.

on a side note, I would probably get their 6 ba universal instead of this.  

Mar 22, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #11 of 924
I have the superdarts and I'm surprised by how much I like the sound signature. There is also the UE Super Fi 5 EB but I don't think they are being made anymore. The GR08 sounds very interesting especially if they are going to be much cheaper than the K3003.

Quote:
The Atomic Floyd Super darts are single BA + dynamic drivers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back