VSONIC V7007 (former "GR08") - Info & expectations thread
Mar 28, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #16 of 924
Well im slightly upset... haha I just bought the gr07.  No way I would ever blow 450.00  What if the gr08 replaces the gr07? and we all get a free warranty upgrade if something "Breaks"

Mar 28, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #18 of 924

Quote:
I highly doubt they'll replace the GR07... It'll probably just slot in at or near the top of the model range.

I was just kidding man.  I'm so bummed out now... Hopefully its just rumors:wink:.  Like I feel that if I don't have the best headphone from a certain company i'm missing something:frowning2:.  Its just my personality.  But I'm not prepared to blow 450.00 on a dynamic iem that probably wont have the "WOW" factor like the ie8.  the only headphone I would ever blow over 300 dollars on.  Also I just read online that its supposed to have 2BA, and 1 DD... If that's the case. I would happily blow 450.00

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #19 of 924
Anyway, more on topic, it's very unlikely that I'll buy these in the foreseeable future, as my family is already concerned with my purchase of the GR07s, but if they're anywhere near the value the GR07s are, they should be a big hit.

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #20 of 924
If they are dual armatures and a dynamic.  Ill be sure to save up my pennies.  But I still dont mind having their top of the line dynamic drivers. I really find dynamic drivers to be much more exciting than armatures.  I owned the shure se 425 and I would take a 60 dollar pair of sennheisers over such a lame and boring sound signature!  Have your gr07's changed over time? I feel like mine have really opened up and are sounding more full.  The gr08's will likely be ergonomically speaking HUGE. if they are going to cram that many drivers into a single headphone.  I'm surely dying to hear the technical data on the 08's.  

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #22 of 924
I love my GR07, it is already perfect. 
cool.gif

I'll never pay $300-400 and buy another one... 
rolleyes.gif

... It's always like this until I hear the new one. 
popcorn.gif

Mar 29, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #27 of 924

Quote:
The gr08's will likely be ergonomically speaking HUGE.

Hmm.. I wouldn't think they would be huge. Just take a look at images of the AKG K3003... they're tiny.
Also, looking at my GR01 and GR07 side by side... I'd say that they can (easily) fit a dual BA in the GR07s housing with dynamic drivers in them. So I really don't think they'll be that big. 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 29, 2012 at 7:04 AM Post #28 of 924
Quote:

Hmm.. I wouldn't think they would be huge. Just take a look at images of the AKG K3003... they're tiny.
Also, looking at my GR01 and GR07 side by side... I'd say that they can (easily) fit a dual BA in the GR07s housing with dynamic drivers in them. So I really don't think they'll be that big. 
rolleyes.gif

True, the only real example for a 2BA+dynamic driver IEM we can see on the market at the moment is the AKG K3003, and those are indeed tiny, Obviously, if they can be made in a tiny form factor, they could also be made in bigger size. It will all depend on VSONIC, but I believe they won't be bigger than the GR07, which have a perfectly fine size... 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back