VSONIC V7007 (former "GR08") - Info & expectations thread
Mar 29, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #33 of 924

Quote:
Regarding size, though, I think the GR07's dynamic driver is a bit on the large side, so that might change the size compared to the K3003s. Anyone know how big their dynamic is?

on the gr07's its 11mm.  Im assuming if its dual BA and 1 dynamic the dynamic will be 7mm as always.

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #34 of 924

Quote:
Quote:
Regarding size, though, I think the GR07's dynamic driver is a bit on the large side, so that might change the size compared to the K3003s. Anyone know how big their dynamic is?

on the gr07's its 11mm.  Im assuming if its dual BA and 1 dynamic the dynamic will be 7mm as always.

But see then you don't get the advantage of the GR07's epic driver!

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #35 of 924

Quote:

I really enjoy the gr07's! I find them to be so perfectly balanced with such a great sound stage and above par isolation. I really dont think you can beat the gr07's for price and balanced sound. I really want to get an amp with the 07's.

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #36 of 924

Quote:

Quote:

I really enjoy the gr07's! I find them to be so perfectly balanced with such a great sound stage and above par isolation. I really dont think you can beat the gr07's for price and balanced sound. I really want to get an amp with the 07's.

Mostly I meant it would be nice to combine the performance of the GR07 driver with the extra range of the dual armatures... So basically combine the GR07 and GR01. (Whoever did the math in the last page got it pretty spot-on, I think)

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #37 of 924

Quote:
Mostly I meant it would be nice to combine the performance of the GR07 driver with the extra range of the dual armatures... So basically combine the GR07 and GR01. (Whoever did the math in the last page got it pretty spot-on, I think)

yeah I agree man! I think the only reason to even have the dynamic in there is for the punchy airy bass. which really.  I dont think the gr07 stands out in the punchy strong bass category.

Mar 30, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #38 of 924
Hmm.. If the K3003's dual BAs are in the nozzles of the IEM itself..  Maybe Vsonic could still retain the big 11mm dynamic in the GR07, and perhaps modify the nozzle a bit to fit dual BAs in them. 
blink.gif

Mar 30, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #39 of 924

Quote:
Hmm.. If the K3003's dual BAs are in the nozzles of the IEM itself..  Maybe Vsonic could still retain the big 11mm dynamic in the GR07, and perhaps modify the nozzle a bit to fit dual BAs in them. 
blink.gif

Wait, are they? doesn't that impede air coming off the dynamic? Either way, I can't wait for these to be unveiled... Much more interesting than  6 armatures IMO.

Mar 30, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #40 of 924

Quote:
Wait, are they? doesn't that impede air coming off the dynamic? Either way, I can't wait for these to be unveiled... Much more interesting than  6 armatures IMO.

Yes they are. 
wink.gif

Technically you could say it's not "in" the nozzle.. But it is in the "tube" in front of the dynamic driver.

Mar 30, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #41 of 924

Quote:
Quote:

Yes they are. 
wink.gif

Technically you could say it's not "in" the nozzle.. But it is in the "tube" in front of the dynamic driver.

Oh wow that's a cool video... Not nearly cool enough to make me drop $1300, but cool nonetheless... So I guess that would limit the dynamic driver to purely bass purposes, which does make sense...

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #42 of 924
AudioFly's (forthcoming) AF78 hybrid driver IEM (dynamic driver+-dual BAs) houses the BAs in the nozzle and the dynamic driver in the housing.. so it's definitely possible/likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back