Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post
Oct 3, 2012 at 5:00 AM Post #631 of 982
wow, 300 hours seems quite a lot.

I should note although that quote has my name above it, that was quoted from a msg I posted from Sonicaudio the ebay seller who suggested 300 hours. I think 150 is a good start then keep listening from there. Mine have easily 400 hours on them, possibly more, I have noticed them blossom into one great sounding IEM.

Oct 4, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #636 of 982
I have a loaner unit of the GR07 MK2 bass edition on hand, I'll be doing A-B comparisons with my GR07 MK2 for the rest of the day.

The red streaks on the MK2 bass ed's cable are not as garish as I expected, it's actually quite understated.

Oct 4, 2012 at 5:59 AM Post #637 of 982
Quote:
I have a loaner unit of the GR07 MK2 bass edition on hand, I'll be doing A-B comparisons with my GR07 MK2 for the rest of the day.

The red streaks on the MK2 bass ed's cable are not as garish as I expected, it's actually quite understated.

Great! I'm looking forward to your impressions! And btw, the new model is named just GR07 BASS, not MK2... 
beerchug.gif

Oct 4, 2012 at 6:53 AM Post #638 of 982
So it is. Silly VSONIC and their confusing naming schemes lol. Apart from the red-streaked cables, it's also just as soft as the MK2's cable. No need for those unwieldy cable guides at all.

About 2 hours in on the bass ed now, listening to prime Black Sabbath albums (Heaven and Hell, Mob Rules) with distinct basslines... early impressions, I thought the sub-bass rumble couldn't possibly get any better, but it did! More to follow later when I compare them, analyzing for differences.

Oct 4, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #639 of 982
Quote:
I should note although that quote has my name above it, that was quoted from a msg I posted from Sonicaudio the ebay seller who suggested 300 hours. I think 150 is a good start then keep listening from there. Mine have easily 400 hours on them, possibly more, I have noticed them blossom into one great sounding IEM.

no doubt. just that the thought of burning it in for so long is not pleasing to me, as with my e-q5s and w3s, burn in was not much of a factor imo

Oct 5, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #640 of 982
Man, I am losing track of all the GR07 iterations. Which ones exist now? And what's the general concensus on the new cable vs. the original cable? I'm still a bit miffed that - due to being out of the loop - I bought a set of original GR07 not one week before the new cable version dropped :frowning2:. Does the difference justify my disappointment?!

Oct 5, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #641 of 982
There isn't much consensus on the difference between the MK1 and MK2.

What we have is

1.  The cable is different and very flexible, you can wear it over-ear without the included ear-guides, it looks much nicer and it's quite understated & classy.

2.  More silver in the cable?

3.  Higher efficiency magnet in the driver?

I've never seen anyone measure driver efficiency or silver content in a cable via acoustic data, so don't expect any data to arrive there in the next 10 years.

You could open the cable and measure the silver content with chemicals, and you can measure the driver with a piece of paper and iron dust, though!

The listening impressions are mixed and usually fall back on comments like the MK1 had 400 hours use and the MK2 was factory mint so take this with some salt et cetera...

Oct 5, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #642 of 982
I will be waiting for GR08, too much version for GR07.

I have GR07 mk1 and still happy with it, if the differences is not so significant. I pass all the MK2 and bass

btw sorry if i ask a noob question here, but does GR07 (either mk1 or mk2) easily to drive?

Oct 5, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #643 of 982
I will be waiting for GR08, too much version for GR07.

I have GR07 mk1 and still happy with it, if the differences is not so significant. I pass all the MK2 and bass

btw sorry if i ask a noob question here, but does GR07 (either mk1 or mk2) easily to drive?

Relatively easy to drive, they don't mind a little more power though if you have it on tap, I find they perform best when such power is feed to them.

I don't know how many hours mine have them on now? several hundred over 400, though using the same tracks and S9 player I'd used previously months ago sibilance has decreased, I can confirm they settle into there designed signature, this took many many hours to subside to these low levels. Same track > > same EQ > easily two months of use > sibilance has lessened. If it's bothering people, keep burning them in, these bio-cellulose drivers really seem to require LOTS of hours. This is coming from someone who's not the firmest believer and found it a chore setting them up the first few weeks up to 200 hours. The rest have been accumulated normally.

dedicate some time to get them up to 150 at least because mine are truly shinning now.

Oct 5, 2012 at 5:49 AM Post #644 of 982
I am wondering how these GR07 drivers can even survive all this burn-in and high volume music without anyone noting a driver failure.

The Sony E888's had famously delicate drivers which would tear with too much bass / impact, mine did, on the left side.

Either the GR07's are thicker, or it's bio-cel on top of some kind of plastic.

They don't sound the same, that's for sure.  The similarities are vague.  I tried to open my GR07 MK2 the way I opened my R04 but I can't lest out of fear it will snap in half.

Oct 5, 2012 at 5:55 AM Post #645 of 982
It's not something I really wanted to do either.

I don't know how it exactly works. Possibly all those soundwaves slowly penetrating through layers of bio-cellulose, what ever they are? It just sounds much smoother with more clarity, detail and separation then when I opened them. Just so we don't get confused I haven't been burning them in for two months. lol It was just the first two weeks doing 12 hours over night at moderate volumes the rest I have just listened to them. There was a point at 100 hours I thought this is a total waste of time.

But something happened far into the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back