Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post
Jul 29, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #241 of 982
I take back any semi-negative comments I had yesterday now that I've had more time to listen to 'em. I'm really liking these, and they do show more details in my music than all of my other headphones. 

Jul 30, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #242 of 982
So, did anyone else buy a pair of MK1's a couple of weeks before the MK2 dropped? Of all the times to be out of the loop!

frown.gif

Jul 30, 2012 at 7:47 AM Post #243 of 982
Quote:
So, did anyone else buy a pair of MK1's a couple of weeks before the MK2 dropped? Of all the times to be out of the loop!

frown.gif

I did!  (Actually after the MK2 dropped) .  They were reduced.  I did it deliberately!  They're the same phone except for the braided cable!  Now I have a backup -- I use one pair at home, keep another at work.  They're fantastic!!!

Jul 31, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #246 of 982
How can you say they are the same phone except for the cable if these have bio-celulose drivers? Or is this info wrong?

Jul 31, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #247 of 982
Because the original did as well

Jul 31, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #248 of 982
Quote:
How can you say they are the same phone except for the cable if these have bio-celulose drivers? Or is this info wrong?

I'm not sure if the cable is the only difference, but I think the general consensus among those who own both is that they are slightly different. The MK2 supposedly has better treble extension and a bit less sibilance than the original.

Aug 1, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #250 of 982
Quote:
I'm not sure if the cable is the only difference, but I think the general consensus among those who own both is that they are slightly different. The MK2 supposedly has better treble extension and a bit less sibilance than the original.

Where did you see that? So far, I've just seen a review in chinese saying the MK2 is better! Apart from that, I've seen maketing talk from sellers saying the MK2 is a big improvement. I never seen a back to back comparison between the two versions... According to Vsonic, the only changes are the cable, and more recently, a longer warranty period (with a price increase). Even if the cable can make a difference, I'm yet see what real changes are there in the sound they both produce... 
wink.gif

Aug 2, 2012 at 7:48 AM Post #254 of 982
Quote:
It was mentioned a bit earlier in this thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/617259/vsonic-gr07-mk2-stunning-new-cable-bio-cellulose-technology-iem/180#post_8534080

Ok, but I consider that as a sort of more superficial impression than a real back-to-back comparison (both fully burned-in units, several hours of testing with different kinds of music). Still, those reported differences and the way the MK2 was described to sound, reminds me of how my own GR07 sounded before they had several hundred hours on them. These being bio-cellulose drivers, serious play time works wonders on them... 
wink.gif

Aug 2, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #255 of 982
My MK2 now have around 350 hours on them. I believe I was one of the first people to have them here? I have to be honest... there's still slight signs of sibilance which are bothering me slightly, mostly pushing through on vocals / word shaping. I'd been holding off from saying anything. They're definitely usable but it's jumping out biting at times becoming uncomfortable enough to put them down. It's a very fine line, though for me once I sense sibilance It starts jumping out at me. It's happening with Sssss / Shhhhh and Ttttttt mostly, treble it'self (cymbal crashes etc etc..) aren't effected so much. Now I've put so many hours on them I doubt it's going to lessen any further.

The problem is, sibilance is always present in some tracks which is understandable, though whereas other IEM's roll it off and it doesn't sting, GRO7 really hit that frequency which emphasise any slight sign in vocals. How do I explain....it's like the signature sound which makes GRO7 the beast it is will always have this as a pay off for that great texture we've come to love.

As I said, they're usable, though I feel I'm becoming more sensitive to it, once it grabs me I keep hearing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back