VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Oct 18, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #5,687 of 7,982
After parting with my BE a few months back, I've recently acquired an MKII to try out more extensively...so, it's good to be back 
tongue.gif

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #5,688 of 7,982
I also recently received a new pair of BE after the first ones broke after 2-3 months. It happens...
Man....I love the sound of these IEMs. I left them for burn-in currently. The details and the clarity of the mids are impressive!

Oct 20, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #5,695 of 7,982
  I would post a wanted ad. That's your best shot I would think. 

I bought a faulty set before and the guy said left side had cable issues so I thought of recabling them myself when I received it and recabled it, right side is fine but left side is still incredibly soft. Faulty driver or do you think it's my solder work? I've recabled a few MS1i's and T50RP's so im quite confident that I didn't burn the driver out so would it be my ego or my driver really is faulty?

Oct 21, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #5,696 of 7,982
If you have experience soldering, it sounds like it may be the driver itself...still depends though.  They are small encased drivers so I imagine if you hold the iron on too long it may heat up the driver casing too much and cause internal damage to the coil or diaphragm.  You've gotta be quick with the iron on smaller drivers.  Did you get any sound out of the driver before you tried re-wiring?  Also another thought - the +/- wires could be switched on that driver?

Oct 23, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #5,697 of 7,982
  If you have experience soldering, it sounds like it may be the driver itself...still depends though.  They are small encased drivers so I imagine if you hold the iron on too long it may heat up the driver casing too much and cause internal damage to the coil or diaphragm.  You've gotta be quick with the iron on smaller drivers.  Did you get any sound out of the driver before you tried re-wiring?  Also another thought - the +/- wires could be switched on that driver?

i was pretty sure i wired it right but I'll give it a go nothing to lose anyways hahaha will update on progress

Oct 23, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #5,699 of 7,982
Oct 23, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #5,700 of 7,982
  Found this on ebay, does anyone know about this GR07 Gold edition (shouldn't it be silver lol)? Is it an early version of the GR07?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VSONIC-GR07-R07-Gold-Flagship-Version-Inner-Ear-Earphones-/380368347863?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item588fb862d7

I'm fairly certain this is an MKI (at least in the pictures)... I believe they came with silver and grey housing options primarily in Asia.  Not sure what they mean by 'gold' beyond the TRS plug.  Hard to tell what you're getting here though, so you may want to contact the seller for more information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back