VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jan 19, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #4,756 of 7,982
Quick question guys,

Can I use comply tips with GR07? The included foam tips a bit too large for my ear, I'm thinking about buying a smaller comply...?

rolleyes.gif

edit : quick search the comply site, they only support vsonic r02 
confused_face(1).gif

Jan 19, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #4,757 of 7,982
I have heard others saying that the t400 will fit. But be forewarned, I used comply tips with the ie80 and the most I was getting from them was one month...sometimes less. 

Jan 19, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #4,760 of 7,982
I am using the foam ones that came with the GR07 Be as they do seal well but I can tell they are right on the verge of falling out. gonna mess with some sony hybrids this weekend.

Jan 19, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #4,761 of 7,982
I am using the foam ones that came with the GR07 Be as they do seal well but I can tell they are right on the verge of falling out. gonna mess with some sony hybrids this weekend.

I have a funny feeling your GR07 is going to pair well with C&C BH, please tell me your thoughts on this eventually. Something tells me this is so....

Jan 19, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #4,762 of 7,982
Quote:
I have a funny feeling your GR07 is going to pair well with C&C BH, please tell me your thoughts on this eventually. Something tells me this is so....

Thanks - get me more excited while it still is not here
evil_smiley.gif
but hopefully by mid next week...

Jan 19, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #4,763 of 7,982
Thanks - get me more excited while it still is not here :evil: but hopefully by mid next week...

I think both their tonality's will match. See if they create synergy. I'm especially interested how they sound using the low field switch. (LF)

Jan 19, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #4,764 of 7,982
Quote:
I have heard others saying that the t400 will fit. But be forewarned, I used comply tips with the ie80 and the most I was getting from them was one month...sometimes less. 

Just a month? Wow, unfortunately that's rather a deal breaker for me 
frown.gif

Quote:

I can only use Ts400 on my GR07 with the rubber inner core mod...

Is there any explanation about this "inner core mod"? How to do it, etc? 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 19, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #4,765 of 7,982
Looking to pick these up to compare to my W3. Seems the MK1 might be more mellow, but doesn't look easy to find. What does everyone think is the best place to buy them in the continental US? Amazon, or some other place?

Jan 19, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #4,766 of 7,982
Have had these for about a month now, and still can't figure out what a good seal is, or how to achieve it.

i'm using the stock foamies as none of the silicone sleeves (yes, not a single one) fit properly. Sound is very inconsitent with me, with sometimes there is moderate bass, and sometimes when there is very little low end. I'm a basshead flatout, so i guess i'm not too sure what "too much" or "too little" really is.

But overall sound is very good. I've got maybe 80 hours or so on these, and they are definitely showing improvements in terms of treble control. there is much less sibilance than initial listening periods.

Jan 20, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #4,767 of 7,982
Quote:
Looking to pick these up to compare to my W3. Seems the MK1 might be more mellow, but doesn't look easy to find. What does everyone think is the best place to buy them in the continental US? Amazon, or some other place?

I have seen a few pair of mk1's used here. And I also some for sonicelectronix when I was shopping for my pair...also from ebay. I ended up with the mkII. From what I've read the mkI may have been more in line with my typical preferred sound signature, which would be rolled off treble, smooth mids and warmer bass. But to me, the mkII doesn't roll the treble as much and the bass is not quite as warm...same mids. I wasn't sure that I'd like it at first, but now that I've adjusted I really enjoy this signature, I love it. The treble is never harsh or bright but actually very gifted. This mkII ended up giving a signature that I didn't have in my other headphone and it ended up filling a gap that I was missing. 
Quote:
Have had these for about a month now, and still can't figure out what a good seal is, or how to achieve it.

i'm using the stock foamies as none of the silicone sleeves (yes, not a single one) fit properly. Sound is very inconsitent with me, with sometimes there is moderate bass, and sometimes when there is very little low end. I'm a basshead flatout, so i guess i'm not too sure what "too much" or "too little" really is.

But overall sound is very good. I've got maybe 80 hours or so on these, and they are definitely showing improvements in terms of treble control. there is much less sibilance than initial listening periods.

If I can get a perfect seal with the stock tips so can you. No one has more trouble with fit and seal than me...seriously. I have small ear canals that are shaped very differently. I ended up with the sony hybrids with the orange color inside. Then, I got my wife to help me with the adjustment of the nozzles, which is the key IMO. If you find the correct size tips and then are patient with the nozzle adjustment then you'll get them to fit. It may help if you remove the tip to adjust the nozzle. That way it's easier to see how much and which direction you making the adjustment. Just be patient and you'll get it.

gL!!

Jan 20, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #4,768 of 7,982
I see alot of people saying that the sony hybrid tips are great on the GR07, but doesnt the GR07 come with hybrid tips already?? whats the difference between the GR07 hybrid tips and the sony hybrid tips?? 

Jan 20, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #4,769 of 7,982
I see alot of people saying that the sony hybrid tips are great on the GR07, but doesnt the GR07 come with hybrid tips already?? whats the difference between the GR07 hybrid tips and the sony hybrid tips?? 

GR07 'hybrids' are shaped similar to an oval, where as Sony hybrids have a flat top that lightly curves around.

See....Click to zoom in and have a look.

Left: GR07 Hybrid

Right: Sony Hybrid

Although they look very similar, the smallest alteration in tip shape, bore, size, length adjusts the sound of an earphone. :smile:

Remember though the changes are rather subtle in many cases.

Jan 20, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #4,770 of 7,982
^^So the sony hybrids actually sound and fit better than the sony look alike's that come with the gr07? I've already used the look alike's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back