VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jan 20, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #4,771 of 7,982
^^So the sony hybrids actually sound and fit better than the sony look alike's that come with the gr07? I've already used the look alike's.

I think that would be a preference thing, I preferred GR07 hybrid (left) Then again I had no fit problems with, TF10, EX600 for example, same with GR07. Actually the only IEM to cause me some minor problems with fit has been Rockit R-50, (left side only)

Really tip rolling is about trial and error, what suits the user. imo.

Jan 20, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #4,772 of 7,982
I'm going to give the real sony tips a try. Not really having issues but I've always heard good things about the sony's. Does anyone have the smallest sony tips that they're not using? 

Jan 20, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #4,773 of 7,982
Quote:
GR07 'hybrids' are shaped similar to an oval, where as Sony hybrids have a flat top that lightly curves around.

See....Click to zoom in and have a look.

Left: GR07 Hybrid

Right: Sony Hybrid

Although they look very similar, the smallest alteration in tip shape, bore, size, length adjusts the sound of an earphone.
smile.gif

Remember though the changes are rather subtle in many cases.

I find them both satisfactory and can use them interchangeably, but I'm sure this is a YMMV thing

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #4,775 of 7,982
I currently use the genuine sony hybrid greens, as those fit me the best.  Comparing them to the stock hybrids, they are a slightly different shape (as you can see re-posted in BobJS's reply above) but they are also a bit softer, and seem to form to my ear canal slightly better.  I did use the stock hybrids before, but found the tips that come pre-installed fit me best before switching to the green sony hybrids.  I've not noticed a change in sound as long as I get a good seal.

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #4,777 of 7,982
Hello, 

Im considering of buying the Gr07, but before buying I have a question: does it play well on iTouch? or does it required an amp?

thanks!

Jan 24, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #4,780 of 7,982
I just wanted to say that these GR07s (I have 3 pairs --- 2 MKIs (which I think are slightly better), and 1 MKII ..... are THE single most expensive purchase I have ever made.  Why, you might ask?  Because these are all I ever need in the IEM world --- I don't even look for another IEM.  So I've been spending money like crazy on full size headphones and headphone amps.

If the d**n GR07s weren't so good, I might still be exploring "down here" in the IEM world.   Thanks a lot, VSONIC.

Jan 24, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #4,781 of 7,982
Quote:
My GR07 MK2 coming tomorrow. Let's see if the hype train was right or wrong! :D

Remember the burn-in. They can sound a bit harsh straight out of the box.

Manufacturers recommend 200-300 hours burn-in for those bio-cellulose drivers to sound their best. I didn't find they changed any further after 100 hours or so, but YMMV.

They are without doubt one of the best IEM's I have ever had in my ears at their price, and compete well with IEM's at twice their price.

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #4,785 of 7,982
They are so good, I listen to them while they cook (sittin at about 30 hours right now). Little 2 hour session of Volbeat with them last night - FanFreakinTastic!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back