VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jan 13, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #4,727 of 7,982
I've got another 12 hours of burn in on these and they are impressing the crap out of me. I wouldn't be disappointed at all if they had cost $300. I paid that and more for the ie80 and like the vsonic much better.

Jan 14, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #4,730 of 7,982
Most of the "deals" out there were for the MKII. I picked mine up for $150 shipped which I thought was a pretty good deal. Got to my door in three deals from CA to GA!! I never have luck like that with shipping. I couldn't be happier. I know that the sound signature is "evolving" but I can tell that they are very good and will fall well within the type of signature that I enjoy. 

I appreciate that the bass is just as present as the ie80 but just not as loose. It reminds me of going from my d2k to my he400 on the change in the bass. The fit is supreme. I haven't even changed the angle of the nozzle or even the stock tips!! Amazing. I already enjoy these more than the ie80 at less than half the cost.

No wonder this thread is so long. 
size]

Did u get them here?

http://bit.ly/XuAAIa

I'm thinking of ordering them myself.

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #4,733 of 7,982
^^ That is funny. 
size]
 There is another ebay seller with the same price located on the East coast, but he did not designate whether his product was mkII so I went with the other out of CA. Very good transaction and highly recommended. The speed of shipping was amazing. 

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #4,734 of 7,982
^^ That is funny. 
size]

There is another ebay seller with the same price located on the East coast, but he did not designate whether his product was mkII so I went with the other out of CA. Very good transaction and highly recommended. The speed of shipping was amazing. 

Sweet. I live in California so I fully expect the USPS guy to knock on my door right after clicking the confirm order button. :D Let's see how this purchase turns out :)

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #4,735 of 7,982
Best of luck!! Mine went from CA to GA over 3k miles to my door in three days
size]
 Holy crap...just checked my ebay history. It was actually two days. Ordered on the 9th and received them on the 11th. 
size]

Gotta love free shipping. What will be funny is if yours end up taking longer than mine did. 
size]

Funny to me but not for you of course. 

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #4,737 of 7,982
I don't use them for exercise, so I can't say if the nozzle adjustment will help in that regard. It will certainly improve comfort and possibly sound quality. So it's worth doing regardless. 

Jan 14, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #4,738 of 7,982
Today I decided to try the gr07 through the e07k/ipod classic and lod. There was a nice improvement. Certainly not day and night but certainly appreciable. They are much easier to drive now and  just seem to have better dynamics. Smoother on the mids and the bass hits a little harder but is still very tight and controlled. Color me happy!! 
size]

Jan 14, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #4,739 of 7,982
Hey guys!   Been awhile, but I was a die hard GR07 fan for a long time.   Just wanted to share what happened to me.    The rt channel went out in the second pair I've had within a year, so when I sent them back under warrantee to Lendmeurears for replacement, I picked up my RE262's once again.    Totally fell in love with their sound, and when I got my new pair of GR07 MKII's I couldn 't listen to them.   The seemed very sibilant(even after 200hrs burnin), and too bright and Vshaped, meaning exaggarated bass.   So back to the RE262's then got the sony mdr 7550's for $170 off ebay and fell in love with their neutral, not bright or Vshaped sound.   If the GR07 are considered a warm neutral IEM, then the 7550s are a huge step up as a more natural, warm, non-V shaped neutral sound, and for $20 to $30 more than the GR07 its a bargain.   Drawbacks of the 7550 include a poorer seal, you can hear whats going on around you, wind noise and they are heavier and bulkier, but SQ wise they are a definate step up, IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back