VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jan 15, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #4,744 of 7,982
I finally got my fit and seal perfected. It was a matter of dialing in the nozzle on one side for me. It's much easier to do if you take the tips off so that you can see what kind of adjustment you are making...hard to tell with tips on. Also the angle is different for me depending on which ear. I assumed that I could just match up the angles and get it right. Nope. 

But now fit/seal is essentially perfect. Really enjoying these far more than I had ever imagined. 

Jan 15, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #4,745 of 7,982
Quote:
Where did you get the sony from for that price? Coming up about $300 for me.

Sorry, when I checked the list of ebay prices included $189, but expired.   Here is the link where I got mine, perhaps you can contact the seller and see if he could come close to that price or perhaps a group buy??
Guess I really lucked out, however, I really think they are a huge step up from the GR07, much clearer, more accurate bass, gigantic soundstage and comfy, I'm actually using qjays silicone tips with them, the same ones I used with my GR07's.   http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-MDR-7550-Behind-The-Ear-Headphones-Dynamic-In-Ear-Monitor-NEW-/121023163182?

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #4,747 of 7,982
Finally thought I'd weigh in on the GR07's. Got them a week ago and have been pumping music through them almost continually to soften some initial slight harshness and sibilance. So...WOW! These are simply wonderful IEMs and a ridiculous value at $150 new. They replaced the SE530's I've had for a couple of years, and there's just no comparison. The GR07's are easily more spacious, detailed, and balanced. Plus, the bass is better and the highs actually exist. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the heck out of the Shures, but they were soooo mid-centric and, ultimately, a tad boring. The Vsonics have way more life to them and provide an incredibly honest presentation. Nothing over-emphasized, nothing missing. Love.

Jan 16, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #4,748 of 7,982
^^ We share the same feeling about these. That's exactly how I see the gr07. I've had mine for about 5 days. I've let them cook for about 50 hours. I thought that they were pretty good right out of the box and now I think that they are fantastic. Fell asleep with them on last night. 
size]

Jan 16, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #4,750 of 7,982
^^ We share the same feeling about these. That's exactly how I see the gr07. I've had mine for about 5 days. I've let them cook for about 50 hours. I thought that they were pretty good right out of the box and now I think that they are fantastic. Fell asleep with them on last night. 
size]

I gather you're enjoying GR07 more so than the IE80 you previously had? What is it you feel GR07 have over IE80?

Jan 16, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #4,752 of 7,982
Quote:
I gather you're enjoying GR07 more so than the IE80 you previously had? What is it you feel GR07 have over IE80?

It wouldn't be fair for me to compare because I never was able to get a good seal with the ie80. I had to resort to comply tips to get them to seal at all, but they would usually fall out after 30 minutes or so. 

I will say that the gr07 signature fits me so much better than I expected. Wonderful mids and treble. Never bright or harsh, but detailed and smooth. They bass is there when the recording calls for it. Great IEM for me!!

Jan 16, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #4,753 of 7,982
It wouldn't be fair for me to compare because I never was able to get a good seal with the ie80. I had to resort to comply tips to get them to seal at all, but they would usually fall out after 30 minutes or so. 

I will say that the gr07 signature fits me so much better than I expected. Wonderful mids and treble. Never bright or harsh, but detailed and smooth. They bass is there when the recording calls for it. Great IEM for me!!

Yes, they can really grow on people. :smile:

Jan 16, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #4,754 of 7,982
Quote:
Hey guys!   Been awhile, but I was a die hard GR07 fan for a long time.   Just wanted to share what happened to me.    The rt channel went out in the second pair I've had within a year, so when I sent them back under warrantee to Lendmeurears for replacement, I picked up my RE262's once again.    Totally fell in love with their sound, and when I got my new pair of GR07 MKII's I couldn 't listen to them.   The seemed very sibilant(even after 200hrs burnin), and too bright and Vshaped, meaning exaggarated bass.   So back to the RE262's...

Different stroke for different folks. Sometimes I don't get the re262 hype, considering they have such an awkward treble drop-off. Back to the GR07 for me.
Would love to listen to the 7550 one day.

Jan 17, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #4,755 of 7,982
Quote:

I'm sure you can relate, but I feel that using the GR07 (BE in my case) during the day between commuting and work, and coming home to use the HE-400, they compliment each other very well!  If you enjoy one, you're bound to enjoy the other, at least that's been my experience.  They're both so fun and versatile to listen to, I get drawn in and zone out easily haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back