VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Dec 25, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #4,636 of 7,982
Quote:
Nice track! Yeah, the GR07 does great with Spanish guitar.

Speaking of tracks, I just fell in love with my GR07 all over again. This is one of the best recorded albums I've ever listened to. It's binaural, so the soundstage is natural and enveloping, and the vocals float in the air around you. I HIGHLY recommend it.

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=catalogdetail&valbum_code=HD090368035660

That sounds awesome... The drum stuff in "strive" sounds so real, and I'm only using my earpods.  I can't wait till i get my new phones! :)

Dec 25, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #4,637 of 7,982
hehe yea I supposed it is! I'm very glad you liked it. I can tell you this, sorry for your wallet lol but the individual tracks or in a package aren't really expensive if you are really into these stuff ^^

Wow! I downloaded their demo track from the webpage and I'm a little floored. The rain, thunder, and birds are amazing. The water effects made my draw drop. I can hear the birds cawing over my head, and the men running behind me. I've never heard any ordinary recording sound this 3D!

Are you sure this isn't binaural?!?! It must be!

Thanks!

[rule]
I just want to say...I fckin LOVE my GR07.

I just went from listening to this acoustic stuff, to some hip-hop, to classical, and back to some hardcore rock (my ipod's on shuffle) and it just didn't even flinch.

Dec 30, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #4,638 of 7,982
After lurking on this thread for quite some times, yesterday at last I pulled the trigger and bought this baby. 
wink.gif

This is my very first iem(well not really if you count cheap ***** nonsense iem), I take my time, trying any iem can found. The funny thing is, I already decided to but Shure SE215 for its warm and lush sound. Until a friend told me to try GR07, and after I spend only 10 minutes on it, I'm sold. The bass is not about quantity, it's all about quality. This is my first step to quality audio gear, and I don't think I make a wrong choice. 
smily_headphones1.gif

*and now, it's time to look for budget portable dap 
biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #4,639 of 7,982
Quote:
After lurking on this thread for quite some times, yesterday at last I pulled the trigger and bought this baby. 
wink.gif

This is my very first iem(well not really if you count cheap ***** nonsense iem), I take my time, trying any iem can found. The funny thing is, I already decided to but Shure SE215 for its warm and lush sound. Until a friend told me to try GR07, and after I spend only 10 minutes on it, I'm sold. The bass is not about quantity, it's all about quality. This is my first step to quality audio gear, and I don't think I make a wrong choice. 
smily_headphones1.gif

*and now, it's time to look for budget portable dap 
biggrin.gif

You won't regret it, trust me and everyone who recommends the GR07s. About the portable DAP, my personal suggestion is an iPod Nano 7G. I use it with my GR07 all the time and they pair up nicely. The Sansa Fuze, Clip, and Clip+ are also highly recommended here, they're reliable and have an upgradeable memory. Look into those and you should be good to go!

Jan 4, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #4,641 of 7,982
Jan 4, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #4,642 of 7,982
I just got my gr07 today, but its package is different from what other people are getting. it also does not have a 1/4'' adapter and an innovic case. Could someone tell me if mine is authentic?

Jan 4, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #4,644 of 7,982
That's the new vsonic packaging with colored tips and a label to burn-in the headphones for 100 hours or something like that. There should be an authentication number on the left side of the packaging under all the writing - you need to scratch the silver surface.

Jan 4, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #4,645 of 7,982
Quote:
You won't regret it, trust me and everyone who recommends the GR07s. About the portable DAP, my personal suggestion is an iPod Nano 7G. I use it with my GR07 all the time and they pair up nicely. The Sansa Fuze, Clip, and Clip+ are also highly recommended here, they're reliable and have an upgradeable memory. Look into those and you should be good to go!

Currently rocking my GR07 with Hippo Biscuit (I bought the bundle from Jaben). It's a really simple player with no screen, but somehow it grew on me 
beyersmile.png

BTW, do you think I need an amp for this? I mean will I get sound improvement if I use an amp?

Quote:
I just got my gr07 today, but its package is different from what other people are getting. it also does not have a 1/4'' adapter and an innovic case. Could someone tell me if mine is authentic?

The new packages looks so much nicer, imho. I like those coloured tips 
biggrin.gif

Jan 5, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #4,648 of 7,982
I agree - I haven't found any music that it can't handle (but I'm not into metal, pop, dubstep, and a few other genres) . I listen to mostly jazz, classical, and good ole rock and roll. 

Jan 6, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #4,649 of 7,982
Quote:
I agree - I haven't found any music that it can't handle (but I'm not into metal, pop, dubstep, and a few other genres) . I listen to mostly jazz, classical, and good ole rock and roll. 

interesting.  you don't have any issue with sibilance? just curious...

Jan 6, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #4,650 of 7,982
Quote:
interesting.  you don't have any issue with sibilance? just curious...

Strangely enough, the treble is tame, until you come across a track that is just harsh in the GR07's hot spot. I seldom ever come across sibilance, maybe one a fortnight.

For instance, Sara Bareilles' "Love on the Rocks" is perfectly fine, but you can hear the sharpness on Adele's "Cold Shoulder."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back