VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jan 7, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #4,667 of 7,982
And don't forget that even VSONIC now ships all their dynamic IEMs with a tag in the cable saying they require at least 100 hours of burn-in...

I'd love to see what it says on the label? "burn in" Noobs everywhere pre heating their ovens. :p

Jan 7, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #4,668 of 7,982
Quote:
I'd love to see what it says on the label? "burn in" Noobs everywhere pre heating their ovens.
tongue.gif

I'm not sure what's the direct translation of the label, but the meaning is that. But I can see your point... 
biggrin.gif

Jan 7, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #4,670 of 7,982
Just dropped my GR07 mkii right side into my tea at work.... Seems to still be working fine....

Jan 7, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #4,672 of 7,982
Quote:

Built like tanks and good sounding! What flavor was the tea, btw? It may affect their sound output from now on... 
tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

It was tea of the green variety with ginger and mango. Maybe they do sound a bit sweeter and more fiery on the right!

Jan 8, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #4,673 of 7,982
Can someone give the basic rundown of the differences between the MKII and the Bass Edition? The obvious I would assume is the Bass but what happens to the mids, highs and soundstage?

Jan 8, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #4,674 of 7,982
No active member currently has both, but I simulated the BE by turning on the bass boost switch on my Fiio E10, via my MKII

The slam and body of the bass increase by a good amount, and I have to say it's a lot of fun. The mids gain more heft, and the treble seems smoother and more laid back. Overall, I'd say that for genres like hip hop, rock, or electronic music, get the BE.

Jan 8, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #4,675 of 7,982
I can always add a little bass via eq so I am just mainly concerned with the possibility of loosing out on something that the MKII has and the BE doesn't, wonder if anyone has listened to both even though they may currently not own both.

Jan 9, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #4,677 of 7,982
After years struggling with different iem's for fit and seal, I've finally pulled the trigger on the gr07 mkII. 
biggrin.gif
 I've used the gr06 and found that the fit and seal to be perfect for me with the small sony hybrid tips, but they sound signature was somewhat muddy. If the gr07 is what everyone says it is, I'll be one happy head-fier!!

Great thread!!

Jan 9, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #4,678 of 7,982
Quote:
After listening to my MKII for a while, my MKI sounds like all the bass edition I need!  (I do believe I prefer the MKI to the MKII)

You have both?! Hopefully you can help with my question. I seem to remember the MKI's upper treble as being a little more refined than the MKII. I don't know if it's my memory playing tricks on me, so I need someone who owns both (you) to help me out. 
redface.gif

Quote:
After years struggling with different iem's for fit and seal, I've finally pulled the trigger on the gr07 mkII. 
biggrin.gif
 I've used the gr06 and found that the fit and seal to be perfect for me with the small sony hybrid tips, but they sound signature was somewhat muddy. If the gr07 is what everyone says it is, I'll be one happy head-fier!!

Great thread!!

The rotating nozzles should really help with that.

Jan 9, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #4,680 of 7,982
Quote:

You have both?! Hopefully you can help with my question. I seem to remember the MKI's upper treble as being a little more refined than the MKII. I don't know if it's my memory playing tricks on me, so I need someone who owns both (you) to help me out. 
redface.gif

I find the difference between the MKI and MKII almost exactly like one (who believes) that a silver cable in the MKII was substituted for a copper cable in the MKI, exaggerated slightly (even though I know this was not the case).  In other words, the MKII high end sparkles a tad more, and bass end is recessed a little more than the MKI.  Depending on one's personal tastes one could say the bass is better (more emphasized) on the MKI and treble is better (more emphasized) on the MKII.  OR  one might say the bass is more refined (less emphasized) on the MKII and treble is more refined (less emphasized) on the MKI.  So I'm not sure how to respond .... I guess I basically confirmed your assertion.  If I could design my own GR07, I'd take a little of the sparkle of the high end of the MKII and add it to the MKI.  I like them both, but overall, I seem to pick the MKI more often to listen to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back