VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Apr 16, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #3,046 of 7,982

Quote:
For those of you who have the GR07s, would you buy them again?

I'll be the first to say no if my GR07 is working perfectly fine.

Now if they broke then I will.... or not. Lendmeurears will replace them if within warranty period :p

Apr 16, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #3,047 of 7,982
FWIW, I picked up some SoundMagic PL50s for a decent price to hold me over until June. At that point, I will find out if I travel more and then I will pick up a set of GR07s for sure.

Thanks,

Cam

Apr 16, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #3,048 of 7,982
Just checkin'

Am I the only one who prefers to wear the GR07 straight down?

Quite comfy that way.

Apr 16, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #3,049 of 7,982
Received a pair of GR07's a couple of days ago and I'm loving them, right now listening to the Inception soundtrack.

Going from memory I'd say I like these considerably more than the Shure SE530

Apr 16, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #3,051 of 7,982

Quote:
Just checkin'

Am I the only one who prefers to wear the GR07 straight down?

Quite comfy that way.

Hmm, I think there are others out there who wears them straight down, despite being designed to be worn over the ear. Problem with wearing it straight down is that the left earpiece goes on your right ear and the right earpiece goes on your left ear, which switches the channels. 
wink.gif

Apr 17, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #3,052 of 7,982

Quote:
Received a pair of GR07's a couple of days ago and I'm loving them, right now listening to the Inception soundtrack.

Going from memory I'd say I like these considerably more than the Shure SE530

The Inception OST is awesome on the GR07s.

Apr 18, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #3,054 of 7,982
This is good to know since I prefer wearing my IEM's down. 

Quote:
Hmm, I think there are others out there who wears them straight down, despite being designed to be worn over the ear. Problem with wearing it straight down is that the left earpiece goes on your right ear and the right earpiece goes on your left ear, which switches the channels. 
wink.gif

Apr 18, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #3,055 of 7,982
You can wear them straight down without switching channels. I wear both GR07 and 06 straight down. Getting a seal can be slightly tricky but beyond that it is comfortable.

Apr 18, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #3,056 of 7,982
Quote:
You can wear them straight down without switching channels. I wear both GR07 and 06 straight down. Getting a seal can be slightly tricky but beyond that it is comfortable.

Yes, and the adjustable nozzles play a great role there! Still, even adjusting the nozzle, it looks kind of funny wearing them that way... 

Apr 20, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #3,058 of 7,982
Just received my GR07 today.  I have been listening most of the day.  At first, I was not impressed.  I was at work, and didn't have an oppotunity to echange tips to find a great seal.  I did try the tips that came on them, and one of the pairs of foam hybrid types.  They just seemed really low energy, and no low end.  I am no bass head either.

So, I got home a couple of hours ago.  I tried a few different tips.  Once I stuck the blue hybrid style, without foam, and tried them on, they came to life.
I was a little suprised, because the other tips I had tried didn't feel like a poor seal.  But once I found the right tip, I find these to be very high energy IEMs.  The low end is very present and punchy, but never bloated at all.  The mids, while not forward, are really smooth.  The highs are crisp and detailed, and not recessed.  I really like these a lot.  I have limited experience and am a bit of a noob, but to me, the energetic presentation of these compare very closely to my Grados.  Not the signature so much, just the toe tapping, head bobbing presentation.  With my limited inventory of Grado 325is, Beyerdynamic DT880 250, and RE-262, these are closer to the Grado, with a better low end, than any of the others.  The Beyer being a very low energy, laid back presentation, and the 262 being a mid-forward sound.

This was a really good purchase
etysmile.gif

Apr 21, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #3,059 of 7,982
I just opened my GR07's this A.M. and I was a bit concerned so I desire to ask if this is something to be concerned about.

Purchased from lendmeurears on ebay and the headphone case was wrapped in a green type of paper with a Label on the front which looked like a SKU Number. When I opened the paper wrapping the outer plastic case looked very scuffed up and it was not tape sealed.

Does this plastic case typically come sealed?

When I opened and reviewed the contents everything looked new but that plastic outer case bothered me somewhat.

Quote:
Just received my GR07 today. 

Apr 21, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #3,060 of 7,982
I just opened my GR07's this A.M. and I was a bit concerned so I desire to ask if this is something to be concerned about.

Purchased from lendmeurears on ebay and the headphone case was wrapped in a green type of paper with a Label on the front which looked like a SKU Number. When I opened the paper wrapping the outer plastic case looked very scuffed up and it was not tape sealed.

Does this plastic case typically come sealed?

When I opened and reviewed the contents everything looked new but that plastic outer case bothered me somewhat.

Quote:
Just received my GR07 today. 

My order was through Amazon, from Gateshop Inc. It did not come with the paper wrapper, but the plastic packaging was also badly scuffed up. Everything appeared to be there, and undamaged though. I don't think I'll be ordering from that seller again, but don't plan on a return, since everything looks new, is in working order, and sounds great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back