VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Aug 21, 2014 at 3:07 AM Post #6,376 of 7,982
@Trav: how does the Phonak tips compare to the Sony tips? I've always used Sony tips from my distant past's MDR Ex750, and they're already better than the stock tips. 
Have any headifer tried recabling the Gr07? I tried recabling the Bass Edition with the silver plug and now all I hear is bass...

Aug 21, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #6,377 of 7,982
The Phonak were more precise vs the sony. My 07 are not the bass edition, but the MK 2. IMO they came into their own in all aspects after the recable.

Aug 21, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #6,380 of 7,982
Thanks guys. Must get my hands on Phonak tips then. I'm thinking of selling my GR07 Bass Ed. and buy a Mk2. Actually I had a Mk2 about 6 months ago and accidentally let it fell into the fan. Poor thing died instantly with a horrifying sound. 

Aug 21, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #6,381 of 7,982
  Thanks guys. Must get my hands on Phonak tips then. I'm thinking of selling my GR07 Bass Ed. and buy a Mk2. Actually I had a Mk2 about 6 months ago and accidentally let it fell into the fan. Poor thing died instantly with a horrifying sound. 

No need to get an MKII, they aren't been produced anymore. Get a classic, it's the same iem without the hybrid tip imitations in the package. I've also looked around for phonak replacement tips but i couldn't find any original ones anywhere. 

Aug 21, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #6,382 of 7,982
Btw how resilent do you think the Gr07s are? When I took my Bass Edition to repair the cable (it actually got cut off), the service guy (whom I know) gave me the silver cable for free, since it came from a pair of mk2 that die about 1, 2 months after recabling. Luckily mine is still fine till now, even though it's a bit too bassy.

Aug 21, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #6,385 of 7,982

Thanks for the link, but SoundEarphones doesn't ship internationally. If you know of anyone else that has them and ships to Europe please let me know.

Try here: http://www.audeoworld.com/accessories.html. Dunno if they ship intl, but they do have "world" in their name
biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #6,386 of 7,982
For all they guys using Phonak tips, are you all using the large size? I find mine don't sit that deep in my ears, and tend to flap around cause the tips are so flexible. The left side isn't a problem, but my right phone has a loose nozzle and it really makes it a pita to insert. I can get the med. tips to fit pretty deep, but with those it almost seems like I get too much bass.

Aug 21, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #6,387 of 7,982
  For all they guys using Phonak tips, are you all using the large size? I find mine don't sit that deep in my ears, and tend to flap around cause the tips are so flexible. The left side isn't a problem, but my right phone has a loose nozzle and it really makes it a pita to insert. I can get the med. tips to fit pretty deep, but with those it almost seems like I get too much bass.

Phonak tips are meant for shallow insertion....not deep insertion

Aug 21, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #6,388 of 7,982
  Btw how resilent do you think the Gr07s are? When I took my Bass Edition to repair the cable (it actually got cut off), the service guy (whom I know) gave me the silver cable for free, since it came from a pair of mk2 that die about 1, 2 months after recabling. Luckily mine is still fine till now, even though it's a bit too bassy.

A different cable can't be the reason for such an increase in bass, the main thing that a cable can theoretically influence is crosstalk. An increase in bass is usually an indicator of an increase in back venting, which points to the shell of your GR07 not been properly sealed following the cable installation.

Aug 21, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #6,389 of 7,982

Phonak tips are meant for shallow insertion....not deep insertion

I'm not refering to ety deep, probably just the full depth of the tips themselves. Actually even the large tips will give me a better/deeper fit on the actual pfes. No great surprise there since that's what the tips were made for, and the size and shape of the 2 phones is quite different. Anyways, I was just relaying my experiences. Still worth trying the tips tho, IMO.

Aug 23, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #6,390 of 7,982
 The right side of my gr07 stopped producing sound yesterday. I had them two years. I dont know what to do now, the other iems i have can't replace them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back