VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Nov 29, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #5,761 of 7,982
http://www.head-fi.org/t/383917/how-to-best-custom-tips-for-iems-ever-imho-with-pics

Takes me about 2 minutes to make a pair now.

I had a few boxes at work. They gave me a whole box to take home

Nov 29, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #5,762 of 7,982
Try making the hole as small as you can. I use a small screwdriver. Push the all the way down to the stem of the nozzle as far as you can go

Nov 30, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #5,763 of 7,982
Thats a good suggestion, but usually i use iem's while commuting in a train, and carrying an additional piece of hardware along with a phone and a battery pack will be a huge hassle. GR07 is my first IEM that i am proud of. I have great times with this iem, however i always felt that GR07 can pack a little bit of bass. I am not a bass head, but songs that do have bass sound very mediocre. I would want something that sounds accurate for bass reproduction as its meant to be heard in music studios.
Try different tips, the bass does come out. I make my own tips using Moldex Spark Plugs and my GR07 BEs never lack bass

That's a great suggestion bro. Next time when you do the mod can you take pictures of step by step instructions and past it here on the forum? I use the original version of gr07 iem. Not the MK version. Anyways today I ordered the gr07 bass edition as well. Costed 133 dollars, was a good deal. I am using comply tips on the gr07

Sent from my Samsung Note III. Model SM-N900V using tapatalk

Nov 30, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #5,764 of 7,982

Thats a good suggestion, but usually i use iem's while commuting in a train, and carrying an additional piece of hardware along with a phone and a battery pack will be a huge hassle. GR07 is my first IEM that i am proud of. I have great times with this iem, however i always felt that GR07 can pack a little bit of bass. I am not a bass head, but songs that do have bass sound very mediocre. I would want something that sounds accurate for bass reproduction as its meant to be heard in music studios.

GR07 are capable of creating accurate bass reproduction but you feed them garbage from a poor source what are they going to do? Pull it out of thin air? There's a saying on this forum called 'garbage in garbage out' and it couldn't be more true. You can go ahead and change the IEM's searching for that sound you're after although if you feed them with a poor source and low bit rate MP3 files not much is going to change. That's one thing many newer members over look, they're not pleased with the sound they're achieving so they immediately start looking at buying different earphones, this repeats itself over and over while the entire time they're using the same mediocre source. Assuming you're achieving a correct seal, If you don't want to bolt a credit card size amp to the back of your phone I suggest you look at the EQ apps and bring the bass up using those. 

What you say is very true. I usually use 320kbps based music or at times lossless music. So I am pretty much covered on that. Plus a cowon player or my Samsung Note 3 with Viper4Android app

Nov 30, 2013 at 5:59 AM Post #5,765 of 7,982
That's a great suggestion bro. Next time when you do the mod can you take pictures of step by step instructions and past it here on the forum? I use the original version of gr07 iem. Not the MK version. Anyways today I ordered the gr07 bass edition as well. Costed 133 dollars, was a good deal. I am using comply tips on the gr07

make sure you put the complys on the correct way

Nov 30, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #5,766 of 7,982
I posted a link to the thread with the instructions

Nov 30, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #5,769 of 7,982
  Well, it's possible if you swap the left and right earpieces and adjust the nozzles although depending on your ears this might be uncomfortable. 

thanks this kinda works

just curious why would you not like to wear these over the ear- their designed for htat

just gett bigger tips if their not working

a j cable wouldn't help in that aspect

plus i thing the consensus is that jcables are annoying the asymmetry would cause uneven weight distribution and more cable noise

i didnt know before buying, its just that slight 1 second hassle of getting them over your ears (take em in and out a lot) it is working fine though

j cords just lets me wear it comfortably, both down, or just 1 up, def. makes up for 'cable noise'

Nov 30, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #5,770 of 7,982
thanks this kinda works

i didnt know before buying, its just that slight 1 second hassle of getting them over your ears (take em in and out a lot) it is working fine though

j cords just lets me wear it comfortably, both down, or just 1 up, def. makes up for 'cable noise'

Do u use the ear guides ? That might be the reason, for me i dont. Its so easy that way to take in and out, maybe my ears are shaped differently but the wire doesnt flop around, the weight of the cord y shape connector keeps thrm from flopping out

Nov 30, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #5,771 of 7,982
http://www.head-fi.org/t/383917/how-to-best-custom-tips-for-iems-ever-imho-with-pics

Takes me about 2 minutes to make a pair now.

I had a few boxes at work. They gave me a whole box to take home

Thanks a lot! Wow they gave a huge set! I see on ebay 100 pairs for 26 bux i dunno how ill use 100 pairs thats crazy

Nov 30, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #5,772 of 7,982
Thanks a lot! Wow they gave a huge set! I see on ebay 100 pairs for 26 bux i dunno how ill use 100 pairs thats crazy
If it works for you, it beats buying a set of 3 complys for $26 which is about what I paid

Nov 30, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #5,773 of 7,982
I use TS-400 Comply tips. They are an ideal match for GR07. Thanks for the video, i will be cautious about it.

Hey guys i really want to know from the hardcore fans of GR07, what other IEM do you graduate to? Given the fact that GR07 is a great IEM.. you gotta graduate to something that brings identical or better music to ears. Although i have ordered the GR07 Bass Edition as well yesterday... that's cos of all the great reviews in here plus cos of the good deal. I can spend a few more dollars on another set if IEM.. maybe 300 (plus/minus).. but i am still debating and reading around.
Few months back when i was researching on upgrading from the GR07 a lot of members pointed me out to Sony MDR-EX1000, but that was pretty expensive then.. but then a debate started that instead of going the Sony MDR-EX1000, it was better to go the Sony MDR-EX 7550 way, has anyone tried out any of these? are they worth getting? Its just that i do want something new, love my gr07 and want another love of my life. :)

Dec 2, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #5,774 of 7,982
The GR07 is perfect to my ears (I have the original version). When I wanted to upgrade, I looked for a sidegrade. I'd been wanting a dual balanced armature IEM for a long, long time, and when the TDK BA200 came down in price, it was exactly what I wanted! It had been been priced at $200-250, its MSRP, forever. Amazon put it down to $125 last summer, so I finally snapped it up.

The BA200 has all the BA characteristics, plus great bass, which is always lacking in single BA driver designs. It has more bass in different places, but less sub bass and a bit less treble extension. It's a great complement to the GR07 and did not disappoint me.

I guess you could pursue a better dynamic driver IEM, but BA drivers have their own unique sound signature.

Dec 2, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #5,775 of 7,982
  I use TS-400 Comply tips. They are an ideal match for GR07. Thanks for the video, i will be cautious about it.

Hey guys i really want to know from the hardcore fans of GR07, what other IEM do you graduate to? Given the fact that GR07 is a great IEM.. you gotta graduate to something that brings identical or better music to ears. Although i have ordered the GR07 Bass Edition as well yesterday... that's cos of all the great reviews in here plus cos of the good deal. I can spend a few more dollars on another set if IEM.. maybe 300 (plus/minus).. but i am still debating and reading around.
Few months back when i was researching on upgrading from the GR07 a lot of members pointed me out to Sony MDR-EX1000, but that was pretty expensive then.. but then a debate started that instead of going the Sony MDR-EX1000, it was better to go the Sony MDR-EX 7550 way, has anyone tried out any of these? are they worth getting? Its just that i do want something new, love my gr07 and want another love of my life. :)

I 'graduated' to a pair of Astrotec AX60. There not the same sig - More of a V shaped 'fun' sig, but definitely an upgrade to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back