VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Nov 22, 2013 at 4:26 AM Post #5,731 of 7,982
GR07 Classic are now available in China market for only 599 yuan(99 USD). I asked 2 sellers , one guy told me theyre the same with MKII while the other guy told me theyre just the oldest version with different colors. I'm not sure if they are referring to aesthetics or SQ.

Nov 22, 2013 at 7:11 AM Post #5,732 of 7,982
  GR07 Classic are now available in China market for only 599 yuan(99 USD). I asked 2 sellers , one guy told me theyre the same with MKII while the other guy told me theyre just the oldest version with different colors. I'm not sure if they are referring to aesthetics or SQ.

I know this is heresy around here, but I've always preferred the MKI (.2?) to the MKII.  The MKII's highs are more sparkly, but the bass is a tad lacking for my tastes...... and the MKII BE is a tad too bassy for my tastes..... hence the MKI is just right.

Are you saying the GR07 Classic is the earphone formerly known as MKI  ?

Nov 22, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #5,733 of 7,982

I know this is heresy around here, but I've always preferred the MKI (.2?) to the MKII.  The MKII's highs are more sparkly, but the bass is a tad lacking for my tastes...... and the MKII BE is a tad too bassy for my tastes..... hence the MKI is just right.

Are you saying the GR07 Classic is the earphone formerly known as MKI  ?

I'm also confused, there are only 2 sellers right now at taobao. They gave me different answers when I asked them some info about the Classic. One guy told me theyre the oldest version which are the MKI while the other guy said MKII. If you look at the box, the wire looks like the one used in MKII and the word MKII is also written on the seal. The only way to know is to get a pair. Whatever version theyre called, theyre a steal for 99 USD.

Nov 22, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #5,734 of 7,982
  I'm also confused, there are only 2 sellers right now at taobao. They gave me different answers when I asked them some info about the Classic. One guy told me theyre the oldest version which are the MKI while the other guy said MKII. If you look at the box, the wire looks like the one used in MKII and the word MKII is also written on the seal. The only way to know is to get a pair. Whatever version theyre called, theyre a steal for 99 USD.

Actually, there seems to be three shops that sell it:

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.rt5ZuP&id=12445460762&ad_id=&am_id=&cm_id=140105335569ed55e27b&pm_id=
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.8.9Murh1&id=13444490193
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.9Murh1&id=8430617212

I might also add that, IIRC, Vsonic claimed that the Mk.II was the same as the Mk.I model except with a new cable, hence that may be the cause of discrepancy for the both sellers.

Nov 22, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #5,737 of 7,982
THATS crazy its 99usd! i just recently like less than a month ago, purchased a used gr07 BE for 100$ CAD! 

i love it and all but new products always have that nice appeal to it! sadly i'm gonna take a pass at it! please let us know your impressions! 

i wonder why they dropped the price on the classic? are they trying to bridge between the gr06 to the gr07? and maybe even have the flagship released later?

Nov 23, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #5,738 of 7,982

Ok, pls get yours and share the info......
popcorn.gif
waiting.

Nov 23, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #5,739 of 7,982
  I'm totally buying that blue one. I loved it the first time I saw it months ago and I've been kinda missing my mk2.

Hmm........I'm Coffee Brown,less prone to scratches,usage visibility and also a different color to choose than conventional. Even arctic Blue is sexy tooo just like astrotec's offering on AX-60 but it's little thicker.

Nov 23, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #5,741 of 7,982
  sorry bro, that wont happen..I'm on a tight budget ATM, no extra cash to get the Clasic.
triportsad.gif

Nah I was just kidding......to see ur response.. Take it easy. We are all hard to bite our wallets now as lot of models expected next month and jan(Vsonic & FiiO etc). Save is the only word for now.
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 28, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #5,743 of 7,982
I'm trying to decide between these and the RE-400s. Are these worth the $30 premium?

I think they are. But mine's the BE. I listen mostly to EDM and I enjoy the GR07s much more although the RE400s do have their moments

Nov 28, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #5,744 of 7,982
I'm enjoying GR07 MKII for 2 months now. I'm must say, after some initial problems with bad fit, I'm very impressed with their sound. Especially the way of reproducing midrage is exceptional, at least to my ears. I also feel that this model is to stay in my rig for a longer while, don't have the need to go into more pricier IEMs as I think that the increase  in SQ wouldn't be that great ( relative to to the price difference). Maybe someday, the time will come for CIEMs but defenetely not now:wink:  
For now I'm listening with Rockboxed Sansa Clip Zip +64 GB SD stuffed with mostly flacs. But I'm wondering if switching to something more powerful and simply better in SQ terms would make that much of a difference. Have you any experiences with Fiio X3 paired with GR07 MK II. Is the much higher price tag justified compared to Sansa? Also would the sound signature of Fiio (warm, darker, even muddy often are spoken) pair well with the GR07? 
Cheers! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back