VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Sep 1, 2011 at 10:35 AM Post #946 of 7,982
Yea, I get ya, bit gutted I couldn't pick up a cheap pair of R02's and get the tips as a bonus!
frown.gif

Sep 1, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #948 of 7,982
I'm happy to say my darlings are back from the dead. I let them burn in for another 15 hours, and the muddiness has completely vanished. The mids and highs are stronger and more fluid now. I can't even begin to describe how much I love these things. I think I might even do an official semi-IEM noob review within a week or so...as soon as I finish my genetics and biochemistry homework 
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2011 at 1:30 PM Post #949 of 7,982
Good to hear.

Best not do a CuSo4 test on your phones.

Sep 1, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #953 of 7,982
Got Mine Coming today. Bought them Off the "World Famous" I2ehan. It has been a bummer this week, as a trade with "Smallville" for my Westone 3's for his Westone UM3x came with an empty shippping box. Note: he also did the same thing to another headfier in Switzerland. Needless to say, It has been a challenge trying to listen to these scullcandy's and to make matters worse, on of the sides just died. Needlas to say, I am so Appreciative of I2ehan for shipping these out to me so fast Impressions to follow

Sep 1, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #954 of 7,982

Quote:
Got Mine Coming today. Bought them Off the "World Famous" I2ehan. It has been a bummer this week, as a trade with "Smallville" for my Westone 3's for his Westone UM3x came with an empty shippping box. Note: he also did the same thing to another headfier in Switzerland. Needless to say, It has been a challenge trying to listen to these scullcandy's and to make matters worse, on of the sides just died. Needlas to say, I am so Appreciative of I2ehan for shipping these out to me so fast Impressions to follow

That's f'd up, hope that guy got banned.

Sep 1, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #956 of 7,982
Quote:

I was patiently awaiting to hear back from you my dear dear friend. Glad to know that they arrived safe and sound. I assure you, you'll love them to no end! I don't know how else to say it, but I honestly feel that any and all Head-Fi'ers should, at one point or another, give the GR07 a listen, if and when their budget permits. It really is the epitome of an "all-rounder", in that it does it all. No, while it may not be the end all be all of universals, there is just no denying the almost unparalleled price:performance ratio. 
smile.gif

Sep 1, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #957 of 7,982

What a prick, I'm not a big fan of trades, I mean the majority of people here are sound as a pound, but you never know, - trust is a very rare thing nowadays, and it's sad to see people so sad and conscience free do that to people. Wow, really angers me.

Sep 1, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #958 of 7,982
Quote:
What a prick, I'm not a big fan of trades, I mean the majority of people here are sound as a pound, but you never know, - trust is a very rare thing nowadays, and it's sad to see people so sad and conscience free do that to people. Wow, really angers me.

I can't even begin to say how upset people like that make me. To try and cheat someone of their hard-earned money is just sick, and people with such intentions are straight-up scum. Karma is as real as burn-in (bad example haha 
tongue.gif
), and it's only a matter of time until he finds himself in a similar situation. Jerk!

Sep 1, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #959 of 7,982
I'm still VERY impressed with my GR07s - used them on the train today - and was surprised how good the isolation was - only noise they really let in was a sort of hiss from the air-cons,and also bizarelly seemed to not cut out others peoples speech very well

so - can anyone recommend any super-good for isolation tips please ? I'm in the UK so fairly limited to where I can buy them from - I think PJBOX (http://www.pjbox.co.uk) (they sell JAYS Foams ?) is one of the few.

the stock "foams" one has already gone on me - ie it won't expand anymore- I only used it twice

on the train today I was using the stock dual-flanges.

so any recommendations please - much appreciated - just looking for good isolation (dual flange or foam ?? is best ?) and tips that are a good fit for the GR07s as I don't want tips coming off in the depths of my ears !!

many thanks for any recommendaitons

Sep 1, 2011 at 7:51 PM Post #960 of 7,982
I'm not sure which comply series fits the GR07's (there's like 5000 different ones...) but I had a pair on my DBA-02's a while back and the isolation was absolutely fantastic - They squeeze in and are really soft, and keep bouncing back - You actually feel and hear them seal once you put them in and let them expand. - Just find out what series fit and go for it
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back