VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Aug 30, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #916 of 7,982
Guys - without reading the entire thread. Is the Lendmeurears EBay shop a trustworthy source for the GR07's? I'm from Australia, so feel free to suggest alternatives that ship to Australia if lendmeurears Ebay shop isn't any good.

Finally decided on these puppies and as well all do, I want them now, like now.

Aug 30, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #918 of 7,982
I am interested to get your opinion on the jays silicone tips, so far they are one of the best overall tips that I have tried with them.  It is a tossup between them and the large double flange RE0 tips for sound quality.  The jays tips definitely fit the nozzle better and do not come of fin my ear like the hifiman tips.

Quote:
I just received the Jay's silicone tips today.  I only got a very, very brief listen but I would say due to the larger bore they are more neutral sounding letting more treble through versus the Sony hybrids.  I think the hybrids to warm up the sound just a little bit.  I think they both sound nice and will need to spend some time with them to decide which sounds better for me.

I was tempted to eat the new Jay's tips but then I saw in big print in the package, "do not eat, for earphone use only".  So instead of eating them, I placed them on the earphones.  Thank goodness for warnings.  How foolish would I have felt if I ate them? 
tongue.gif

Aug 30, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #919 of 7,982

Quote:
Guys - without reading the entire thread. Is the Lendmeurears EBay shop a trustworthy source for the GR07's? I'm from Australia, so feel free to suggest alternatives that ship to Australia if lendmeurears Ebay shop isn't any good.

Finally decided on these puppies and as well all do, I want them now, like now.

Bought mine from here, its all good.

Aug 31, 2011 at 4:36 AM Post #922 of 7,982
could it be the tips? as everybody's ears are different anyway... i'm still waiting for the sony hybrid, and if that one doesn't do, i'll order the biflange, so far i'm ok with the tips that vsonic gives.

Aug 31, 2011 at 8:53 AM Post #923 of 7,982

Quote:
Umm...I just finished burning in my GR07 for 24 hrs straight, and they sound muddier now. Am I going crazy? I'm using the Hifiman biflange tips btw

How many hours of use combined with burnin does your pair have?
  Iask because at   H
I ask because I had a short period during the burnin of my GR07 where they kind went muddy sounding for a short period that lasted about a day. I let them burn in the night after that day and they changed again by the morning and have never had that type of sound again. Now it might have been a day where my hearing was off but tend to think there may be a period during the breakin of these where they do sound off for a short while.

Aug 31, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #924 of 7,982
How loud did you have them? I remember my nephew screwing up a pair of my IEMS (only cheap SoundMagics) by leaving them on full volume and using them as speakers for like 4 hours whilst I was out, I still have them and they sound shocking now - I'm not sure if leaving them on for like 24 hours straight can do anything to the drivers (overheat etc?) best off asking one of the more experienced guys...just a thought though?

Aug 31, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #925 of 7,982
Follow up to the Sony Hybrid versus Jays tips post:

The Jays do indeed have just a tiny bit more treble presence over the hybrids. Conversely the hybrids have a tiny bit more mid bass and therefore have a hint of warmness, where the Jays do not and sound slightly more neutral. I like them both very much sound wise, however they Jays large are little bit bigger than the large hybrids and hurt my ears after 30 or 45 minutes. I think the Jays are a normal large and the Sony's just run smaller. I think the Jays isolate a bit better than the hybrids too b/c they are slightly thicker.

So now I have several pair of large Jays that I can't eat or wear! If anyone has any real Sony hybrid LL or L size they don't want, I'll swap them 2 pr of Jays for 1 pr of hybrids.

Aug 31, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #926 of 7,982

Quote:
I'm considering getting either this or the Fischer Audio DBA-02. Anyone can help me? I listen to pop, R&B, rock, and instrumental

while it's a matter of preference, I will surely be keeping my GR07's over my B2's(virtually identical to the DBA's). they are insanely comfortable, and keep up surprizingly well in terms of speed. the only con I experience with the 07 is the cable; although some are saying they settle down after a bit of use.

Aug 31, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #927 of 7,982

Quote:

How many hours of use combined with burnin does your pair have?
  Iask because at   H
I ask because I had a short period during the burnin of my GR07 where they kind went muddy sounding for a short period that lasted about a day. I let them burn in the night after that day and they changed again by the morning and have never had that type of sound again. Now it might have been a day where my hearing was off but tend to think there may be a period during the breakin of these where they do sound off for a short while.

About 40-50hrs now. I really hope they clear up again. Also, I'm using a 1st gen rockboxed nano to do the burn-in. Unlikely as it is, do you think that could contribute to it?

Aug 31, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #928 of 7,982
What volume are you using? If normal level try louder to stress them a bit harder. May loosen them up quicker.

I only used 10 hours of dweavers file. After the second 5 hours I stopped. Sounded fab. Just normal use from then. I don`t think there has ever been a case of noise files destroying iems. They are used because they stress the diaphragm across the whole spectrum soo help aiding burn in to happen quicker.

I also noticed you said you were using bi-flanges. I used triples and too deep made them muddy. 
Just my 2p`s worth.

Edit: I am using Phonak tips which have a large opening. I kind of try with iems to keep the opening the same size as the tube.

Aug 31, 2011 at 5:39 PM Post #929 of 7,982
I too tried the pink, both white noises as well as an extended frequency loop to burn in my RE0's.  After 100 hours the right ear piece died but I believe that was more due to quality control as other members have had one of the ear pieces die on them as well.  With the GR07 I only burned in with music.

Aug 31, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #930 of 7,982
About 40-50hrs now. I really hope they clear up again. Also, I'm using a 1st gen rockboxed nano to do the burn-in. Unlikely as it is, do you think that could contribute to it?

That's about right when I noticed the dip with mine. Let them burnin over night and see if they start to change. Also if your burning in at regular volume imcrease the volume to slightly uncomfortable when burning in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back