VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jul 10, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #5,401 of 7,982
I feel really troubled now i just got my GR07 MK2 and it sounds so horrible right out of the box I feel that my previous skullcandy titan is even better =.= will this change as time goes by?

They do get better with burn-in, although they should sound better than anything skullcandy out of the box. Maybe you're not getting a good seal, try wearing some of the many other assorted tips.

Jul 10, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #5,405 of 7,982
its starting to sound better already after 3 hrs hmmm i guess i gotten used to the sound signature of the skullcandy that was all lively. Any recommendation for amps? I am really new to this stuff. 

The 07s are pretty easy to drive so an amp may not make a huge difference but if you'd like a place to start, the JDS cmoy is great bang for your buck!

Jul 10, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #5,406 of 7,982
My GR07s have really started suffering from the cable greening, did anyone find a solution for that?

The cable on mine is green aswell, it hasnt and wont affect sound quality in anyway. So unless you can hear a difference since its turned green why get them recabled..??

Jul 10, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #5,407 of 7,982
Quote:

The cable on mine is green aswell, it hasnt and wont affect sound quality in anyway. So unless you can hear a difference since its turned green why get them recabled..??

There seems to be a bit of an issue with cable failure over time. I had mine for about a year before the channel in the left ear piece started intermittently dropping out when the cable was moved near the jack. Even after having it re-terminated, it eventually started up again. I like these a heck of a lot and I knew BTG had re-cabled these before, so I went with it: copper wire, black sheathing below the split, right-angled Oyaide plug + MEElectronics tips and I'm good to go. It wasn't cheap (about $100 with shipping to Vietnam and the Oyaide plug option), but I am very satisfied with the end result. 

Jul 10, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #5,408 of 7,982
Hey guys, so I borrowed my friend's GR07 and just had a chance to really give it a good listen.
I'm thoroughly floored by how good it is especially for the price.The treble is really nice,  but it's the clarity that really does the trick, right up there with the $300+ big boys.
My only issue is the somewhat poor fit which ruins the sound quite alot.

Jul 11, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #5,409 of 7,982
There seems to be a bit of an issue with cable failure over time. I had mine for about a year before the channel in the left ear piece started intermittently dropping out when the cable was moved near the jack. Even after having it re-terminated, it eventually started up again. I like these a heck of a lot and I knew BTG had re-cabled these before, so I went with it: copper wire, black sheathing below the split, right-angled Oyaide plug + MEElectronics tips and I'm good to go. It wasn't cheap (about $100 with shipping to Vietnam and the Oyaide plug option), but I am very satisfied with the end result. 

Oh i can understand getting them recabled when a channel starts cutting out. But by the sound of things shpickering only has cable greening which is a different issue. Once my cable plays up i will most probably get them recabled aswell.

Jul 11, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #5,411 of 7,982
Quote:
How much improvement will there be in sound quality after 150 hrs? 300hrs? how many percent? Should i be expecting a BIG 50% change ?

LOL Are you seriously expecting 50% improvement after burn-in? I personally didn't find it change that much with burn-in - maybe a touch smoother treble, so let's say like a 5% change. 

Jul 11, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #5,412 of 7,982
Like 0.005 percent better :wink: material burn in is almost complete crap, psychological burn in is very real though

How much improvement will there be in sound quality after 150 hrs? 300hrs? how many percent? Should i be expecting a BIG 50% change ?

Jul 11, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #5,414 of 7,982
Quote:

Oh i can understand getting them recabled when a channel starts cutting out. But by the sound of things shpickering only has cable greening which is a different issue. Once my cable plays up i will most probably get them recabled aswell.

I know - I was trying to push BTG a bit. Why wait until your cable fails, though? Just think of a nice, sturdy cable that doesn't tangle at all...I'd say it's worth it based on the improved ergonomics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back