VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jun 27, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #5,386 of 7,982
Man we hear differently, these dont sound bloated at all. Listening to the GR07 lows it sounds flat/boring with hardly any texture or impact at all. I remember my FX500 being cumbersome and bloated in comparison. The GR07 are a lovely iem for the price, they do have a monitor like sound. Nothing intrudes really. Complaining about sound leakage and isolation is pointless since they are "Open" Voices sound amazing on the FX700, the mids dont seem to bother me being recessed a little. Swapping back and forth, the GR07 sound a little grainy which i never really noticed before. I did have the FXT90 for 3 days before returning them. They sounded nice, but the right driver was quieter then the left on my pair. Hence why i returned them.

Jun 28, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #5,387 of 7,982
Man we hear differently, these dont sound bloated at all. Listening to the GR07 lows it sounds flat/boring with hardly any texture or impact at all. I remember my FX500 being cumbersome and bloated in comparison. The GR07 are a lovely iem for the price, they do have a monitor like sound. Nothing intrudes really. Complaining about sound leakage and isolation is pointless since they are "Open" Voices sound amazing on the FX700, the mids dont seem to bother me being recessed a little. Swapping back and forth, the GR07 sound a little grainy which i never really noticed before. I did have the FXT90 for 3 days before returning them. They sounded nice, but the right driver was quieter then the left on my pair. Hence why i returned them.

Well, not pointless if it helps someone unfamiliar with semi-open backs (if that's what you meant), to make an informed choice :wink:.

The S2 isolates slightly worse than regular vented phones, but is the most isolating semi-open back I've used (which granted isn't much). I can use it for cycling on busy roads, which I couldn't the FX-700.

I can't comment on grainy'ness - it's been to long - but do remember the GR07s sibilance prone highs. I also remember the lows being textured and impactful, but significantly less boosted than the u-shaped FX-700.

Jul 4, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #5,388 of 7,982
Been using the Vsonic GR07 since November of 2012. But i noticed, im not getting alot of volume on the right side. It could be clogged because of ear wax. Is there a way i can take off the Grille? if so can someone give me some tips on what to use to remove it. Thankyou ^_^

Jul 4, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #5,389 of 7,982
Been using the Vsonic GR07 since November of 2012. But i noticed, im not getting alot of volume on the right side. It could be clogged because of ear wax. Is there a way i can take off the Grille? if so can someone give me some tips on what to use to remove it. Thankyou ^_^

I've tried removing the grill a couple of times giving up, personally. The clip is so small, not even the smallest pair of needle nose tweezers could grab it out for me and then you're in fear of it flying away. What I ended up doing because of the same problem was, getting some methylated spirits, dipping an old tooth brush lightly in a cap full then brushing the grill with a flicking motion, it worked. Same side too.

Jul 4, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #5,390 of 7,982
Quote:
I've tried removing the grill a couple of times giving up, personally. The clip is so small, not even the smallest pair of needle nose tweezers could grab it out for me and then you're in fear of it flying away. What I ended up doing because of the same problem was, getting some methylated spirits, dipping an old tooth brush lightly in a cap full then brushing the grill with a flicking motion, it worked. Same side too.

Ya i just tried very hard to remove it... and it still wont come off. I wish i new something that could just easily remove it...

Jul 4, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #5,391 of 7,982
Ya i just tried very hard to remove it... and it still wont come off. I wish i new something that could just easily remove it...

If you're going to try and remove it place the whole earpiece inside a t-shirt and work from there. Because....if that clip comes off more than likely it's going to fly across the room, I think most would have a hard time finding something so small. If you put the earpiece inside a t-shirt the clip hasn't got anywhere to go when it flys off..I knew if I persisted I'd be left with no clip and broken set of GR07, so I did that work around with a toothbrush.

Jul 4, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #5,392 of 7,982
Quote:
If you're going to try and remove it place the whole earpiece inside a t-shirt and work from there. Because....if that clip comes off more than likely it's going to fly across the room, I think most would have a hard time finding something so small. If you put the earpiece inside a t-shirt the clip hasn't got anywhere to go when it flys off..I knew if I persisted I'd be left with no clip and broken set of GR07, so I did that work around with a toothbrush.

Finally got the clip the clip off is there way i can the mesh filter off now ?

Jul 4, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #5,393 of 7,982
Finally got the clip the clip off is there way i can the mesh filter off now ?

Congrats! You ventured further than I dared too.

I really don't know how to get the meshing out, unfortunately, Can you grab it with a needle and lift it out some how? I would probably start there.

Jul 4, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #5,394 of 7,982
Quote:
Congrats! You ventured further than I dared too.

I really don't know how to get the meshing out, unfortunately, Can you grab it with a needle and lift it out some how? I would probably start there.

it was a pain in the ass but i got it off. and they sound perfect now. ^_^, i thought my ibasso may have blown the up the earphones but it the mesh filter was just dirty is all. i had to use a very very skinny needle to get it out off...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back