VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Feb 23, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #4,966 of 7,982
Would anyone in the USA who owns the GR07 MK1 (or MK1.1) be able to lend them to the user eke2k6 for a 3 way shootout between all the existing GR07 models to this date: MK1 vs MK2 vs BE? That would be a really nice comparison to see and read about, no? If anyone is willing to do it, please contact eke2k6 by PM...

Thanks!  
beerchug.gif

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #4,968 of 7,982
Hey guys joining the club here, got my gr07 mkii in about a week and I must say I love them. I know they are no where near completely burned in but they sound amazing none the less. Much like the OP said I find my self reaching for these more than for my hd595s. As far as fit I've been on and off with different tips but tonight I think I finally got a winner by putting the ear guides on. Very happy oh and did I mention I only paid 107 for these brand new. FTW

Mar 2, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #4,972 of 7,982
its different for each of my ears but they both have the nozzle directed inwards as much as possible:

my right is ear is fully inwards, my left is fully inwards plus a shift upwards

Mar 3, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #4,973 of 7,982
Quote:
its different for each of my ears but they both have the nozzle directed inwards as much as possible:

my right is ear is fully inwards, my left is fully inwards plus a shift upwards

I'll give that a go, thanks!

On another note, I was playing with tips and decided to try the Monster SuperTips, specifically their foam version. Having previousl hated the Monster tips, I was amazed to find they are my favourite choice on the GR07s both for sound and comfort!

Mar 3, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #4,974 of 7,982
Quote:
Had a good session with the GR07s connected to Audio-gd NFB-5.2 last night. Very impressed!

I've noticed pain in my right ear after 30+ minutes where the cartridge protrudes slightly in front of the ear canal. Any ideas how to prevent this?

What changes could you hear from the NFB5.2?

Mar 3, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #4,976 of 7,982
Quote:

What changes could you hear from the NFB5.2?

The 5.2 is a really nice DAC for its price and tends to provide a more open and defined soundstage. I'm not sure if the amp stage of the 5.2 had anything to do with it because the GR07s are really easy to drive well from just about anything it seems.

In terms of sound, the GR07s sounded full and bassy, but not bloated in any way and there was great separation and layering in the sound. I was listening to a bunch of Supertramp records all captured with FLAC (by someone else, not me) and it just sounded amazing!!

Mar 3, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #4,977 of 7,982
Quote:

The 5.2 is a really nice DAC for its price and tends to provide a more open and defined soundstage. I'm not sure if the amp stage of the 5.2 had anything to do with it because the GR07s are really easy to drive well from just about anything it seems.

In terms of sound, the GR07s sounded full and bassy, but not bloated in any way and there was great separation and layering in the sound. I was listening to a bunch of Supertramp records all captured with FLAC (by someone else, not me) and it just sounded amazing!!

Hehe I know what you mean, just wanted to see if we are hearing things the same. To me they became so dynamic, and well controlled! A little bit more warm as well, generally a great improvement 
size]

Mar 15, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #4,979 of 7,982
(cross posted from other GR07 thread)

Just got my bass edition MKIIs.   I now have the MKI (.2) , MKII, and MKII B.E.  They sound pretty much like I expected .... an MKII with emphasized bass ---- which it seemed to need.  In going from MKI -> MKII, to get those crispy highs, I think bass was sacrificed.  I still like the originals the best.   My order of preference :

1.  MKI (.2)
2. MKII Bass Edition
3. MKII

In fact I think I'll be selling my very lightly used MKIIs, if anyone is interested......

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #4,980 of 7,982
how to tell if my GR07 is the bass edition?

from a month of use, it is quite bassy and can have piercing highs but the mids are nice, the sound sig is to me like a check sign, in order of prominence: high>bass>mid

but I never felt the mids to sound recessed at all, pretty cool effect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back