VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Mar 15, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #4,983 of 7,982
My plan is for a re-cable by BTG Audio and custom ear sleeves = no more hassling with tips + better isolation.

Mar 15, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #4,984 of 7,982
Quote:
(cross posted from other GR07 thread)

Just got my bass edition MKIIs.   I now have the MKI (.2) , MKII, and MKII B.E.  They sound pretty much like I expected .... an MKII with emphasized bass ---- which it seemed to need.  In going from MKI -> MKII, to get those crispy highs, I think bass was sacrificed.  I still like the originals the best.   My order of preference :

1.  MKI (.2)
2. MKII Bass Edition
3. MKII

In fact I think I'll be selling my very lightly used MKIIs, if anyone is interested......

Unless I read what you said wrong, I would think that you would rank the BE's as your favorites (if you want those "crispy highs" plus the emphasized bass). Regardless, it would be interesting to see if your ranking changes after you provide the recommended burn in to the BE's.

Mar 15, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #4,985 of 7,982
Quote:

Unless I read what you said wrong, I would think that you would rank the BE's as your favorites (if you want those "crispy highs" plus the emphasized bass). Regardless, it would be interesting to see if your ranking changes after you provide the recommended burn in to the BE's.

Er, no, actually I prefer the original MKI the best (but the .2 version), and BE's 2nd.  It's my understanding there were actually 2 iterations of the MKI  (before MKII), and I have the 2nd of those .... this is my favorite.

Mar 15, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #4,986 of 7,982
Quote:
Er, no, actually I prefer the original MKI the best (but the .2 version), and BE's 2nd.  It's my understanding there were actually 2 iterations of the MKI  (before MKII), and I have the 2nd of those .... this is my favorite.

Can you elaborate a bit on the differences between the original and BE that cause it to be your favorite?

Mar 16, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #4,987 of 7,982
Quote:

Can you elaborate a bit on the differences between the original and BE that cause it to be your favorite?

They're both very enjoyable.  The original has that unique timbre where the bass and mids are fantastic... the highs, while not quite as crisp as the mk2, still enjoyable.  The BE has the same foundation, but I would describe its FR curve as more V shaped .... so the mids aren't quite as forward, but some may prefer the emphasized lows and highs.

Mar 16, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #4,988 of 7,982
Your description is false about the bass edition vs. The mki , I have burned in for 300hrs and it is turely evdient that the oerginal is more of a v-shaped frequency curve then the bass edition which has a more linear curve then it . Meaning that the bass and mids are in line with each other and the treble has more better clarity vs.the mk2 and extension is way better in both direction.
My favorite from best to worst:
1.bass edition
2. Mk2
3.mk1.
:D

Mar 16, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #4,989 of 7,982
Quote:
Your description is false about the bass edition vs. The mki , I have burned in for 300hrs and it is turely evdient that the oerginal is more of a v-shaped frequency curve then the bass edition which has a more linear curve then it . Meaning that the bass and mids are in line with each other and the treble has more better clarity vs.the mk2 and extension is way better in both direction.

I only have the BE's, so I can't compare them to the others. But what you are saying about the BE's certainly resonates with me. I also find the mids to be very nicely forward, and as you stated, in line with the bass. They seem very balanced to me (and also as you said, with excellent extension both ways).

Mar 16, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #4,990 of 7,982
Quote:
1.bass edition
2. Mk2
3.mk1.
biggrin.gif

Just got the BE delivered today..
I had the MkII's,and sold them

These to my ears are a very nice upgrade,with my type of music ,but
Is a 300 hour breakin,really necessary??
I'm somewhat new to IEM's..so..??

Mar 16, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #4,991 of 7,982
Quote:
1.bass edition
2. Mk2
3.mk1.
biggrin.gif

FR graphs are needed, otherwise this is only an assumption.

Mar 17, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #4,992 of 7,982
Mar 17, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #4,995 of 7,982

Users who are viewing this thread

Back