VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Aug 9, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #481 of 7,982

Quote:
I think joker has also, heard both I mean, and, I'm paraphrasing from memory, said that they are so close in sound quality that its only when you add in comfort and isolation that he recommends the GR07. But that was before the respective price increases and drops so who knows.

I haven't heard both but given what has been said it's a toss-up. They both have stellar sound quality and the difference doesn't seem worth arguing about which one is better. The EX600 isolates worse, is less comfortable, has detachable cables and costs less. The GR07 has better isolation and comfort, articulating nozzles and costs more. Let people decide what they want given these characteristics.

Personally, I'm torn trying to decide between the FX500 and the EX600 for work because I need less isolation in the office, and based on what I've read, within any reasonable relavent range, these are all sidegrades to eachother.

I'm going to go out on a limb here but I feel if you ask Inks how much better he thinks the EX600 is over the GR07, he'd say it was negligible for most people. No, I don't know him and if I'm wrong, I apologize in advance.

in EU sony ex600 cost in amazon uk more than 150€ and in Portugal the price is 200€ (crazy). my vsonic gr07 only cost 110€ and even with the recent up on price still will cost less than ex600 (125€). what is the best price of sony EX600 in US?

Aug 9, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #482 of 7,982

Quote:

in EU sony ex600 cost in amazon uk more than 150€ and in Portugal the price is 200€ (crazy). my vsonic gr07 only cost 110€ and even with the recent up on price still will cost less than ex600 (125€). what is the best price of sony EX600 in US?

$125

Aug 9, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #483 of 7,982
Wow, sorry, yes, I was indeed talking about US prices. EX600 is something like $134 on Amazon.com right now. Not sure about other sellers but that one seems pretty low.

Thank you for pointing out something else to keep in mind if deciding between these two if you are not in the US.

Aug 9, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #484 of 7,982

Where? :D

Edit: wow I'm an ass. Brightness was too low on my phone and didn't see it was a link. Is that seller ok enough to not pay the amazon premium of 8 bucks?

Aug 9, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #486 of 7,982
Thanks

Anyone who's heard both the GR07 and EX600 know if the sound signature is close enough that I should probably just go for the FX500?

Aug 9, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #487 of 7,982

Quote:
Where?
biggrin.gif

Edit: wow I'm an ass. Brightness was too low on my phone and didn't see it was a link. Is that seller ok enough to not pay the amazon premium of 8 bucks?

Don't know how much extra you have to pay but they have decent feedback: a score of 4 (out of 5 stars) from 149 buyers. I added another $125 link from an Amazon seller (+ $6.44 shipping) to my previous post. I bought mine in Europe, where the EX600, as noted, is more expensive.

BTW, I've no idea how comfortable the GR07 is but the EX600, EX1000, & EX800/MDR-7550 are very comfortable - in fact, some of the most comfortable IEMs I've ever tried.

Aug 9, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #488 of 7,982

Quote:
The EX1000 & EX600 are not the same phone and it's wrong of you to keep referring to them as if they were one and the same IEM. Of the people you mention, some have not heard the EX600 and some have not heard the EX1000. I was strictly speaking of those who have heard both EX600s & GR07s.

I doubt anyone reading this thread think I am saying the EX1000 and the EX600 are one in the same. It's been too much written on this webpage to ever get the two mixed up. What I am doing is grouping the EX1000/EX600 together because both have pretty much the same sound signature, at least to my ears. Yes, the EX1000 is a bit more refined (and I think even you yourself quoted approximately 10 percent difference in sound quality? My bad if I'm wrong).

Of the people I've mentioned, only one hasn't heard the EX600, but all in the group have heard either one or the other - EX1000 or EX600. Some have heard both. Those who have inboxed me - and who own the EX1000 - said basically the same thing when comparing that Sony to the GR07 as those who inboxed me comparing the EX600 to the GR07. When I say same things, I am speaking of what they discovered as weaknesses and strengths when comparing that Sony line with the Vsonic. Now, we're speaking strictly of sound quality and performance - not value for money.

With that said, I have heard both the EX1000 and EX600 (I still have the EX1000 in my possession with extensive A/Bing of all three). To my ears, the differences in sound quality between the EX1000 and EX600 are negligible when comparing what the differences are between the those two Sonys and the GR07. I would think that you would need to hear the GR07 for yourself before you could really argue against my point with any validity, but you will probably attempt to debate me anyway. And that's fine, because after this I am done countering your objections. Anyway, it's my opinion and I don't believe I am doing a disservice to anyone reading about all three IEMs. I have repeatedly said that all three are GREAT IEMS and it comes down to preference. My preference by a small margin is the GR07 over the EX1000/EX600 (in sound quality alone).

If we get into VFM, of course that's a different debate all together and the EX1000 would instantly fall out of that debate.
beerchug.gif

Aug 9, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #489 of 7,982

Quote:
Thanks

Anyone who's heard both the GR07 and EX600 know if the sound signature is close enough that I should probably just go for the FX500?

I've never heard the FX500, but I know that the GR07 sounds nothing like the FX500's big brother, the FX700. They do not share the same sound signatures at all (FX700 and GR07). This is where I think Inks would probably serve you best in answering the question, since he has heard both the FX500 and the GR07.

Aug 9, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #490 of 7,982
Don't know how much extra you have to pay but they have decent feedback: a score of 4 (out of 5 stars) from 149 buyers. I added another $125 link from an Amazon seller (+ $6.44 shipping) to my previous post. I bought mine in Europe, where the EX600, as noted, is more expensive.

BTW, I've no idea how comfortable the GR07 is but the EX600, EX1000, & EX800/MDR-7550 are very comfortable - in fact, some of the most comfortable IEMs I've ever tried.

glad to hear that actually haha. More to think about.
I've never heard the FX500, but I know that the GR07 sounds nothing like the FX500's big brother, the FX700. They do not share the same sound signatures at all (FX700 and GR07). This is where I think Inks would probably serve you best in answering the question, since he has heard both the FX500 and the GR07.

Inks has already told me a bit about the FX500 in another thread lol. I think I just worded that badly but i was asking about the difference in sound signature between the EX600 and the GR07. Because I'm not really sure I want two IEM's that essentially do the same thing.

Aug 9, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #491 of 7,982

Quote:
I doubt anyone reading this thread think I am saying the EX1000 and the EX600 are one in the same. It's been too much written on this webpage to ever get the two mixed up. What I am doing is grouping the EX1000/EX600 together because both have pretty much the same sound signature, at least to my ears. Yes, the EX1000 is a bit more refined (and I think even you yourself quoted approximately 10 percent difference in sound quality? My bad if I'm wrong).

Of the people I've mentioned, only one hasn't heard the EX600, but all in the group have heard either one or the other - EX1000 or EX600. Some have heard both. Those who have inboxed me - and who own the EX1000 - said basically the same thing when comparing that Sony to the GR07 as those who inboxed me comparing the EX600 to the GR07. When I say same things, I am speaking of what they discovered as weaknesses and strengths when comparing that Sony line with the Vsonic. Now, we're speaking strictly of sound quality and performance - not value for money.

With that said, I have heard both the EX1000 and EX600 (I still have the EX1000 in my possession with extensive A/Bing of all three). To my ears, the differences in sound quality between the EX1000 and EX600 are negligible when comparing what the differences are between the those two Sonys and the GR07. I would think that you would need to hear the GR07 for yourself before you could really argue against my point with any validity, but you will probably attempt to debate me anyway. And that's fine, because after this I am done countering your objections. Anyway, it's my opinion and I don't believe I am doing a disservice to anyone reading about all three IEMs. I have repeatedly said that all three are GREAT IEMS and it comes down to preference. My preference by a small margin is the GR07 over the EX1000/EX600 (in sound quality alone).
If we get into VFM, of course that's a different debate all together and the EX1000 would instantly fall out of that debate.
beerchug.gif

Yes, I've stated several times that to these ears the EX1000 is only 10% better sounding than the EX600. It's also true that Inks and Anaxilus - two very experienced HF'ers (much more so than some of the people you mentioned earlier) - found the differences to be even bigger.

Also, I've never claimed that when it comes to value for money, the EX1000 was the better choice, hence my mentioning the EX600s in my original response to dweaver's post; quite the contrary, on numerous occasions I've stated that I'd recommend the EX600 to most people and the EX1000 only to those few (like me) who are prepared to pay a premium for a small increment in SQ.

Aug 9, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #492 of 7,982
from what i read,  vsonic GR07 and ex600 are two top IEM that are very similar. in first i was to buy ex600 but when i see how they fit on ears i change for vsonic.
build quality from what i read are excelent on boths, the sound quality is almost same and vsonic is a bit more confortable. in the end i just buy vsonic instead sony, just because sony seem huge on ears 

Aug 9, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #494 of 7,982
Haven't heard from you in a while my friend. A stranger around these parts, you are.
smile.gif

Aug 9, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #495 of 7,982
I'm listening to the EX600 again right now.... Hmmm? Let me see if I can put this in words that makes sense: for my ears the EX600 may have a wider soundstage than the GR07 (although I've found it depends on the track for the Vsonic), but in the mids there is more space between the notes of instruments - to my ears - with the GR07. What do I mean by this? When I hear piano on the GR07 I hear more distance or wideness when piano keys are struck. The drum kit sounds realer and fuller on the GR07 than the EX600 to my ears. The EX600 almost makes the music sound too smooth and refined to my ears. Rather it sounds too perfect, which isn't realistic to me. It sounds wonderful though! Don't misunderstand that. So where the GR07 is giving much more joy over the EX600s is in the mids. Micro details are just about even. Sometimes I hear more in the GR07, sometimes I hear more in the EX600. Anyway, both are great IEMs, and I don't feel like since I have one I don't need the other. There is more mid-bass in the EX600 than in the GR07.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back