VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Oct 14, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #4,186 of 7,982
Quote:
This is pretty interesting to take note of, for when I do decide to buy another player in the distant future (still no players with 128 GB flash memory!). Do other Cowon players share the same lack of synergy between their audio chips and the GR07?

I can't give you anything definitive, since I don't own a Cowon player.

What I can tell you is that your ipod will work great with the GR07 if you decide to get it.

Oct 14, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #4,187 of 7,982
One more question about the GR07:

Since I will be using these earphones mostly while studying at the library, I will be listening to somewhat softer music (with a bit of rock thrown in). Dark jazz (Bohren), some darker electronic (songs like Melankoli by Lulu Rouge, for example), some acoustic music (Karl Sanders, Lunatic Soul, etc), and neo-classical/world music (Dead Can Dance, Arcana, Azam Ali, etc). How does the GR07 portray music of this sort? I've read that the GR07 is pretty great at everything, but really shines with rock and metal -- will these other genres I've listed be portrayed naturally as well?

Oct 14, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #4,189 of 7,982

Since I will be using these earphones mostly while studying at the library, I will be listening to somewhat softer music (with a bit of rock thrown in). Dark jazz (Bohren), some darker electronic (songs like Melankoli by Lulu Rouge, for example), some acoustic music (Karl Sanders, Lunatic Soul, etc), and neo-classical/world music (Dead Can Dance, Arcana, Azam Ali, etc). How does the GR07 portray music of this sort? I've read that the GR07 is pretty great at everything, but really shines with rock and metal -- will these other genres I've listed be portrayed naturally as well?

I can tell you that the gr07's sound amazing with electronic music, be it trance or drum and bass. Acoustic and instrumental music also excel on the gr07's.

Oct 14, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #4,190 of 7,982
Quote:

I've never heard anything from those artists, but the GR07 is also fantastic at genres like chilldub, and more acoustic stuff like Sarah Bareilles, etc. 

You should be overall satisfied.

Oct 14, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #4,192 of 7,982
Thank you both very much for your time. The GR07 is being sold on Amazon from a seller named FireBall -- has nearly a 100% positive feedback score through over 4500 ratings. I don't know if they're authorized, however... are there many fakes floating around of these 'phones? Any building/construction issues I should be aware of in case I need warranty coverage? If not, I think I'll just bite the bullet and order them.

Oct 14, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #4,193 of 7,982
Quote:
Honestly there isn't too much to fault with the gr07's. If you are having a really tough decision and can't think of what you want, just get the gr07's and you will not be disappointed.
biggrin.gif

have you also looked into the Aurisonics ASG 1 too, if you prefer a darker signature?

Oct 14, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #4,194 of 7,982
Quote:
Thank you both very much for your time. The GR07 is being sold on Amazon from a seller named FireBall -- has nearly a 100% positive feedback score through over 4500 ratings. I don't know if they're authorized, however... are there many fakes floating around of these 'phones? Any building/construction issues I should be aware of in case I need warranty coverage? If not, I think I'll just bite the bullet and order them.

I got mine through these people. They'll handle any warranty issues you may have. As for fakes, I've yet to hear of a fake Vsonic iem.

http://www.amazon.com/Dynamic-Isolation-Earphones-Earbuds-multiple/dp/B005FDXZJU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350256029&sr=8-1&keywords=vsonic+gr07

Oct 14, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #4,195 of 7,982
Quote:

have you also looked into the Aurisonics ASG 1 too, if you prefer a darker signature?

I've looked into those, but I'm afraid the price is just too much right now. Also, I have a gift card for Amazon, and I haven't found any sellers for this IEM there yet.

Oct 14, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #4,197 of 7,982
Quote:
Get this one, way cheaper than on amazon.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Black-VSONIC-R07-GR07-Inner-Ear-Earphone-Flagship-Version-/120980961817?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item1c2b06fa19

It's the older one, not the MK2. Plus, it would take forever to ship from China

Oct 14, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #4,199 of 7,982
They sound fine on my ipod touch 2G, there's plenty enough power feeding them so I presume other touches will be fine. I just don't really consider touches being audiophile devices. :p I have a EQ setting I use with my Cowon players for GR07 MK2, I can't call the treble hot, whether this is because mine of 400 hours on them or the EQ Im using. In all honesty my EX600 have more sibilance. I was the member who switched to Cowon C2 and it does give fantastic results, however strangely enough I've got back to using the S9 with them too. I put it down my ears adjusting or the burn in or?? It just sounds better.

I really don't know, as this is a strange hobby and our ears are constantly changing, adjusting their likes / dislikes. I did have decent results amping GR07 MK2 and stuck with that for a while, though I'm also not a fan of FiiO amps especially the E11 because it veils the signal (that for another dispute) So, in the end I just settled with this EQ setting forgot about wanting to listen loud all the time which throw out the need for an amp and use FLAC files.

Here's the EQ:

80Hz - 0 - Wide
220Hz - 0 - Normal
1.1kHz - 0 - Normal
4.1kHz + 1 - Wide
9.0kHz + 1 - Normal

BBE + 8
Mach3Bass + 4
3D Surround - Off
MP enhance - On (switch off if preferred)

Stereo enhance - Off
Reverb - Off

And that's it, I don't change it for genres or songs, just set it up set the volume to 20/40 and enjoy the sesssion.

Too easy. :cool:

End of the day: do you REALLY need an amp? No.

Can an amp help GR07 MK2? Yes, but the differences are small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back