VSONIC GR01 Info, Impressions & Appreciation thread
Dec 3, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #107 of 136
Interesting as most say the GR01 is less sibilant than the regular GR07. I don't find mine sibilant at all. Maybe it was a tip issue for you. Mine sound great with the supplied bi-flange.
Quote:
I sold my GR01 and got the GR07 bass edition. No more sibilance issue but i sure miss the GR01's detail.

Dec 5, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #109 of 136
greetings GR01 owners! i just got myself this earphone too but 2nd hand though (have been used for about 6 months. Erm, it's great but i'm having issue with sibilance..Or maybe i'm still not used to bright phones? For me, this earphone is very good for instrumental songs but when comes to vocal, some of the songs will have quite a bad hissing and the vocal is very2 forward which i'm very uncomfortable with. Any idea how to decrease this hissing issue? I'm using the bi-flange tip though.

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #110 of 136
greetings GR01 owners! i just got myself this earphone too but 2nd hand though (have been used for about 6 months. Erm, it's great but i'm having issue with sibilance..Or maybe i'm still not used to bright phones? For me, this earphone is very good for instrumental songs but when comes to vocal, some of the songs will have quite a bad hissing and the vocal is very2 forward which i'm very uncomfortable with. Any idea how to decrease this hissing issue? I'm using the bi-flange tip though.

Had the same issues. Try the small orange single flange and ensure deep insertion. That did the trick for me. Helped a little, but still a little too sibilant for me.

Jan 8, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #112 of 136
Have had the GR 01s about a month now.  Amazing.  The detail and soundstage are so improved over my (previous favorites) RE-0 and RE-ZERO, and GR 04Pro.  At first I thought the bass was lacking, but now realize it is very accurate and is very sensitive to the source recording.

Haven't really noticed any sibilant issues, although they are brighter than some of my other IEMs (which I enjoy).  Am using Meelec balanced bi-flange tips (my fav) which offer outstanding isolation and comfort.

Driven by an HM-601, the presentation is music bliss over all types of genres. 

Jan 10, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #113 of 136
I've had my GR01 for probably 4 - 5 months or so, I don't remember exactly when I got them. They are very accurate and detailed, and I guess the soundstage is good for an IEM. I had no problem with the soundstage of them until I got my AKG Q701. The Q701 blows it away in terms of soundstage size, but that is to be expected. The GR01 does have slightly more bass than the Q701. So to me, the GR01 are my bassier headphone. Otherwise they have the same overall sound signature which is nice.    
Quote:
Have had the GR 01s about a month now.  Amazing.  The detail and soundstage are so improved over my (previous favorites) RE-0 and RE-ZERO, and GR 04Pro.  At first I thought the bass was lacking, but now realize it is very accurate and is very sensitive to the source recording.

Haven't really noticed any sibilant issues, although they are brighter than some of my other IEMs (which I enjoy).  Am using Meelec balanced bi-flange tips (my fav) which offer outstanding isolation and comfort.

Driven by an HM-601, the presentation is music bliss over all types of genres. 

Jan 31, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #114 of 136
VSONIC_CEO:
says VC1000 雙單元動鐵耳塞目前已經完成試制階段,年後將正式與大家亮相。聲音很滿意[偷笑] 售價為669元人民幣,129美金。這個價位我想應該會瘋賣吧[嘻嘻](圖中紫色部分為前腔體,正式上市將更改為酒紅色

Translation:
The VC1000 dual balanced armature earphone has completed the prototype testing phase, and will be formally released later in the year. We're very satisfied with the sound [chuckles] and the retail price will be 669 RMB, or $129 USD. I think it'll sell like crazy at this price! [hehe] (The purple colored one in the picture is an engineering unit, when it is released to the market, it'll be changed to a wine red color.

Feb 10, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #116 of 136
Quote:
I've had my GR01 for probably 4 - 5 months or so, I don't remember exactly when I got them. They are very accurate and detailed, and I guess the soundstage is good for an IEM. I had no problem with the soundstage of them until I got my AKG Q701. The Q701 blows it away in terms of soundstage size, but that is to be expected. The GR01 does have slightly more bass than the Q701. So to me, the GR01 are my bassier headphone. Otherwise they have the same overall sound signature which is nice.    

A slightly bassier Q701?! that's like my dream headphone!! I'm very temped to buy, but does anyone have comments on the build quality? Some amazon reviews have talked about them breaking even though most reviews mention their solid build. Does anyone know how thick the cables are both to the y split and from? I just broke $120 worth of headphones last week so yeah.. ouch.

According to Lendmeurears the sound sig will "complement" the gr01's.

Feb 10, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #117 of 136
Quote:
I'm very temped to buy, but does anyone have comments on the build quality? Some amazon reviews have talked about them breaking even though most reviews mention their solid build. Does anyone know how thick the cables are both to the y split and from? I just broke $120 worth of headphones last week so yeah.. ouch.

Mine just died last week. I own owned the GR 01 for around 5 months. Cable in the left headphone is broken due to putting the tip on, again and again. Perhaps it can be fixed by soldering - will see..

The long story is that I made custom tips to my GR 01. In general, custom tips solve a number of problems. First, isolation and in-ear placement. The headphones do not fall out of ears during exercises such as fitness, gym or skiing. They isolate way better from external noises. Second, sound quality improves in certain ways: sibilance is completely gone and soundstage is improved a bit. Please note - no changes to the bass. 

Unfortunately, my left tip was not as good as the right one. The headphone tended to slip out of it, often leaving the tip in the ear. Each time I had to put the tip back on the headphone which eventually resulted in broken cables 
mad.gif

Feb 11, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #118 of 136
Quote:

Mine just died last week. I own owned the GR 01 for around 5 months. Cable in the left headphone is broken due to putting the tip on, again and again. Perhaps it can be fixed by soldering - will see..

The long story is that I made custom tips to my GR 01. In general, custom tips solve a number of problems. First, isolation and in-ear placement. The headphones do not fall out of ears during exercises such as fitness, gym or skiing. They isolate way better from external noises. Second, sound quality improves in certain ways: sibilance is completely gone and soundstage is improved a bit. Please note - no changes to the bass. 

Unfortunately, my left tip was not as good as the right one. The headphone tended to slip out of it, often leaving the tip in the ear. Each time I had to put the tip back on the headphone which eventually resulted in broken cables 
mad.gif

Wait, so just to clarify they broke partly because you were tugging on the cables? I can't see how putting tips onto the gr01 could damage the cable.. o_o
But thanks for your reply. I recently (just yesterday) did a hack job solder on my CAL and I can't tell left from right - no fancy temperature controlled soldering irons or fancy eutectic solder.

Although before attempting repairs isn't there a 12 month warranty period?

Jul 11, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #119 of 136
There's a seller letting these go on eBay atm for $180 Aud.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Vsonic-GR01-R01-Professional-earphone-IEM-in-ear-Free-shipping-/221223466297?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item3381f23539

I decided to check them out ordering a pair, I really enjoyed Vsonics VC1000 recently. Look out for some impressions in coming weeks.

Jul 11, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #120 of 136
Good luck with them. I hope you like them. I still enjoy mine a whole lot.
Quote:
There's a seller letting these go on eBay atm for $180 Aud.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Vsonic-GR01-R01-Professional-earphone-IEM-in-ear-Free-shipping-/221223466297?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item3381f23539

I decided to check them out ordering a pair, I really enjoyed Vsonics VC1000 recently. Look out for some impressions in coming weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back