VSONIC GR01 Info, Impressions & Appreciation thread
Aug 10, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #76 of 136
They are here!!!!! Impressions and a review to come.

Early impression: they sound exactly like i was hoping they would. I was scared they would be to bright and to bass shy, but im impressed in those two areas and more. More to come later.

Aug 10, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #77 of 136
So this is what neutral sounds like?  
basshead.gif

I know i just got them so im still in the honeymoon stage but WOW, these are amazing. Why did i not try a TWFK based IEM sooner? They are so neutral and so detailed. They excel not only in sound but comfort and isolation too. Im using the blue core hybrids with the foam inside shoved deep in my ears and i like them. They seem to disapear pretty well.

Aug 12, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #78 of 136
So this is what neutral sounds like?  :basshead:

I know i just got them so im still in the honeymoon stage but WOW, these are amazing. Why did i not try a TWFK based IEM sooner? They are so neutral and so detailed. They excel not only in sound but comfort and isolation too. Im using the blue core hybrids with the foam inside shoved deep in my ears and i like them. They seem to disapear pretty well.

How are you finding the GRO1 jasonb? What's the detailing like...

Aug 12, 2012 at 7:41 AM Post #79 of 136
Quote:
How are you finding the GRO1 jasonb? What's the detailing like...

I keep them in a case on my end table next to my couch so they have been pretty easy to find. 

Just kidding, they are great. I am loving them. I will write up a review a little later on.

Aug 12, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #80 of 136
I currently own the Sennheiser PC300, Audio Technica ATH-CKM500 & Yamaha EPH-100s and was wondering how does the Vsonic GR01 compare to these earphones?

I used to have the Vsonic GR07s but did not like the over-the-ear design and didn't feel like the buds went in far enough to give proper noise isolation, however did feel that it had better sound quality than the CKM500 and EPH100s. 

I really like the bass and thump the EPH100s give, a lot more clearer and controlled compared to my Sennheiser PC300s, although feel that the treble is a bit weak compared to the CKMs. 

I'm wondering if I should purchase the GR01s, some say that since it is a TWFK earphone, it's basically analytical like the Etymotics and simply have no bass?

These will be used for gaming as well as how are its sound-stage and directional positioning? Would they be as competent as the other 3 earphones that I own?

Aug 12, 2012 at 8:58 AM Post #81 of 136
Quote:
I currently own the Sennheiser PC300, Audio Technica ATH-CKM500 & Yamaha EPH-100s and was wondering how does the Vsonic GR01 compare to these earphones?

I used to have the Vsonic GR07s but did not like the over-the-ear design and didn't feel like the buds went in far enough to give proper noise isolation, however did feel that it had better sound quality than the CKM500 and EPH100s. 

I really like the bass and thump the EPH100s give, a lot more clearer and controlled compared to my Sennheiser PC300s, although feel that the treble is a bit weak compared to the CKMs. 

I'm wondering if I should purchase the GR01s, some say that since it is a TWFK earphone, it's basically analytical like the Etymotics and simply have no bass?

These will be used for gaming as well as how are its sound-stage and directional positioning? Would they be as competent as the other 3 earphones that I own?

The GR01 has a bit more bass than an Etymotic hf3 or hf5. The GR01 is definitely not as cold as the Etymotic are, id actually say the GR01 has just a very slight touch of warmth. The GR01 will definitely have less bass than the EPH-100, CKM500, and the GR07.

Id say the soundstage is average to slightly above in terms of size, when comparing to the CKM500 these do not dissapoint me.  instrument seperation is the best ive ever heard.

I liked the CKM500 a lot, but eventually i began to feel that on a lot of songs the bass seemed bloated and slow, so the search was on for something similar but with less bass. I have found what i was looking for.

If you will be dissapointed with any less bass than what the EPH100, GR07, or CKM500 offer than these will probably not be for you though.

Aug 12, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #82 of 136
Oh okay, much appreciated for your input.

I'm just looking for something that is similar to the EPH100s or CKM500s but are more expensive and sound better, however I don't think there's anything 

Aug 12, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #83 of 136
The GR01 IMO is better than the CKM500, but the bass quantity is not similar. 
Quote:
Oh okay, much appreciated for your input.

I'm just looking for something that is similar to the EPH100s or CKM500s but are more expensive and sound better, however I don't think there's anything 

Aug 12, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #84 of 136
I just switched from the medium size hybrid with the foam to the bi-flange tips. they have the same great mids and highs, but now they have more bass quantity with added extension and greater isolation. Its not a night and day difference, it didnt turn them into bass monsters, i didnt think they were bass light before, but now they definitely arent. They have a real nice solid punch now.

Also, i have a big 15,000 BTU window air conditioner running about 8-10 feet from me and  with the music paused i can just barely hear it. With the music playing at a moderate level i hear no background noise at all. The isolation reminds me of my old Sleek Audio SA6's. I missed having a set of in ears with good isolation. I see not a single fault in these IEM's. I like them a whole lot. 

Aug 12, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #85 of 136
I noticed lendmeurears has put these up $20 higher than they were last week. Taking them from $176 to $196 AUS.

Aug 13, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #86 of 136
Quote:
I noticed lendmeurears has put these up $20 higher than they were last week. Taking them from $176 to $196 AUS.

I'm pretty sure that raised price is the normal price for the GR01. The price was around that high (if I remember correctly) some weeks after I got my pair which was around March/May; as when they were just released, they had a sale price.

Aug 13, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #87 of 136
anybody know if lendmeurears or anybody else sells replacement tips for these? i have decided on the bi-flange tips that come with these and would like a couple extra pairs of them, i'm sure they will wear out eventually.

Aug 26, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #88 of 136
Id recommend that anybody that has these to keep your ears clean. Earlier today i had the right side go completely silent because the metal filter got clogged with earwax. I had never really ever cleaned my ears. Ive always kinda just let my ears clean themseleves out. Today i looked into the best way to clean my ears and i tried the hydrogen peroxide method and it has worked well. My ears seem a lot cleaner now and my GR01's actually sound clearer now. They seem more efficient and i am noticing even more little micro details than ever. So id recommend cleaning your ears or you will clog the filters.

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #90 of 136
Man the clarity and detail on these are great! I was just listening to the dual Dynamic driver Brookstone IEM's with some electronic music and the added bass is nice for electronic music, but for old times sake i tried some metal on them and then Switched back to the GR01. The difference in clarity and detail is quite amazing. Yes the GR01 has less bass quantity but in this case that is a good thing and part of the reason they are better for metal. The bass quality is just great in comparison, such amazing speed and accuracy. I still like these A LOT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back