VSONIC GR01 Info, Impressions & Appreciation thread
Mar 22, 2012 at 5:59 AM Post #46 of 136
Well, from reading your impressions it just confirms that the GR01 are not for me. The only thing about them that seem to appeal to me is their size, but apat from that, soundwise, as I love the GR07, I believe I won't be very happy about these GR01. I'll wait and see what the GR08 will bring to the table... 
wink.gif

Mar 22, 2012 at 6:30 AM Post #47 of 136
Hehe cool. 
cool.gif

I guess I would be your opposite. I am happy with my GR01s, as I find that it complements my GR07 well. By that I mean that should I want to listen to something that can really give that added rumble and kick in the bass for electronic music or that weight in the drums, I'll turn to my GR07s. Whereas should I seek a more sparkly treble, and overall more detailed presentation, I can just turn to my GR01s.

I'm also interested in the to-be-released GR08.. But the only thing putting me off is its price, which will just totally annihilate my wallet... According to this poster, the GR08s will be released in May/June, and going for a retail price of around $440 USD.. 
popcorn.gif

Mar 22, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #50 of 136

Quote:
Imagine... if GR08 sounds like K3003, that will be a super bargain.

Yes... And that's basically why this thread became derailed earlier in the first place. 
rolleyes.gif

But if I'm under the impression that the GR08 will be the GR07 + GR01 combined (01 + 07 = 08 ... get it?), then the GR08s would be my dream IEM. I have found the kind of bass which I love in the GR07, and the treble in the GR01. So mixing those together would be... bliss. 
deadhorse.gif

Apr 19, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #60 of 136

Quote:

It looks sleek and small but those dual armatures are really pleasing to listen to because of the non-fatuiging sound. Vocals are well pronounced and caress the listener's ears with good imaging and separation. 

Bass performs admirably well, with enough warmth and punch. It's very tight and has enough impact for most genres of music. It doesnt go down deep, but for non-electronic genres it will do well.

I prefer it over the DBA02 and UE700 as unlike those IEMs, this one is very balanced and has all frequencies represented equally in your music. I also like the non-fatiguing sound which means I can listen to music for the whole day without getting tired of piercing highs and sibilance. I think of it as a DBA02 without the piercing highs, which in turn brings out the bass.

That just sold me. This is EXACTLY what I want :) Crisp mids, clear accurate bass, and great highs that don't sound sibilant  :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back