Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Jul 28, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #2,626 of 5,717
Is that the Blue one?
Blue one is MW10, which is one of the harder to find limited editions. 2020 is green and the current model that CA are selling :)

Jul 28, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #2,627 of 5,717
Is that the Blue one?

No the MW10 is the blue one. There was a "Pacific Blue" limited edition of the OG but you don't see them around that often.

Jul 28, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #2,628 of 5,717
Blue one is MW10, which is one of the harder to find limited editions. 2020 is green and the current model that CA are selling :)
Okay. I've seen a lot of green ones for sale labelled v1, v2, v3. I"ve seen 2020. It's all over the place. And, the OGs are very cheap, at times under $500.

Jul 28, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #2,629 of 5,717
Okay. I've seen a lot of green ones for sale labelled v1, v2, v3. I"ve seen 2020. It's all over the place. And, the OGs are very cheap, at times under $500.
Yeah v1, V2 & v3 all sound exactly the same, just with minor tweaks to the shell and accessories. I think CA still sell it as the “classic” edition. 2020 looks basically the same as the old ones, but is tuned differently and uses a new solid body internal design. I think used 2020’s go for around $800ish

Jul 28, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #2,630 of 5,717

My understanding is that the v1-v3 models (and all the early special editions with the exception of the Andro S) are pretty much the same sonically with the differences just being cosmetic. The 2020 is the first one that really has a distinctly different sound.

Jul 28, 2021 at 1:20 PM Post #2,632 of 5,717
Hello Head-fi.
Had a not so good experience with www.audio46.com recently in regards to my purchase of the Vision ears VE7.
Posting this here as a warning for anyone considering buying from them. (At the very least, purchasing this specific vision ears product from them)

Firstly, I had placed a pre-order for the VE7 on the 10th of May with Audio46.
3WqfLcu.png

This was shipped out on the 10th of June one month later, and I had this sent this to Precogvision so he could do a review for the VE7.
Unfortunately, if you follow Precogvisions thread, you will know that he received a defective VE7 unit with channel imbalance. So in the end I had to have that sent back to audio46, who said they would need to contact vision ears in regards to a replacement.

I received the response "Vision Ears has informed us they'll ship more VE7 in two weeks, so we'll likely get it in 3 weeks. They also said that with the measurements you provided, the VE7 would not have made it through final inspection, so they aren't sure what's wrong unless they check it in their lab"
They also provided the option for a refund, or exchange for a different IEM. But I had chosen to wait for the replacement from VE.

After a few back and forths over the following weeks, they notified me that they had finally received a new batch after waiting over a month for my replacement, but I quote "We've received a new batch of the VE7, but we've discovered that it has similar characteristics as your chart. We're going to issue you a full refund instead of an exchange."

Here is the full conversation for transparency:
3BymXCI.png

However the problem is, the same day they sent that email to me they had sent an email promotion promoting the just received VE7s. If you also check their website they have a large banner promoting the VE7 on sale as well.
3SJC2de.jpg
DRzE8om.jpg

To add to this, they had listed an open box VE7 that same day:
https://audio46.com/products/vision-ears-ve-7-universal-signature-design-in-ear-monitors
https://audio46.com/products/vision-ears-ve-7-universal-signature-design-in-ear-monitors-open-box

My question. Are audio46 knowingly listing defective IEM's in the hopes that no one will be able to tell the difference after admitting this in the email to me?
Does Vision ears know about this?

The only possible explanations I can come up with this are:
1: Audio46 are knowingly selling channel imbalanced IEMs
2: They just don't want to honour the pre-order price ($1280)
3: Vision ears have sent out multiple channel imbalanced VE7's (Is there something wrong with the VE7 design?)

It's hard to imagine 3 being correct, and if the answer is 2, then why did they waste nearly 2 months of my time to finally say "Well yes, but actually no".
The annoying part is that the pre-orders were up for nearly a month at that price, so it's hard to imagine it was just a temporary price mistake.

I don't know what to say here. I just hope the answer isn't 1...

Jul 28, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #2,633 of 5,717
Hello Head-fi.
Had a not so good experience with www.audio46.com recently in regards to my purchase of the Vision ears VE7.
Posting this here as a warning for anyone considering buying from them. (At the very least, purchasing this specific vision ears product from them)

Firstly, I had placed a pre-order for the VE7 on the 10th of May with Audio46.
3WqfLcu.png

This was shipped out on the 10th of June one month later, and I had this sent this to Precogvision so he could do a review for the VE7.
Unfortunately, if you follow Precogvisions thread, you will know that he received a defective VE7 unit with channel imbalance. So in the end I had to have that sent back to audio46, who said they would need to contact vision ears in regards to a replacement.

I received the response "Vision Ears has informed us they'll ship more VE7 in two weeks, so we'll likely get it in 3 weeks. They also said that with the measurements you provided, the VE7 would not have made it through final inspection, so they aren't sure what's wrong unless they check it in their lab"
They also provided the option for a refund, or exchange for a different IEM. But I had chosen to wait for the replacement from VE.

After a few back and forths over the following weeks, they notified me that they had finally received a new batch after waiting over a month for my replacement, but I quote "We've received a new batch of the VE7, but we've discovered that it has similar characteristics as your chart. We're going to issue you a full refund instead of an exchange."

Here is the full conversation for transparency:
3BymXCI.png

However the problem is, the same day they sent that email to me they had sent an email promotion promoting the just received VE7s. If you also check their website they have a large banner promoting the VE7 on sale as well.
3SJC2de.jpg
DRzE8om.jpg

To add to this, they had listed an open box VE7 that same day:
https://audio46.com/products/vision-ears-ve-7-universal-signature-design-in-ear-monitors
https://audio46.com/products/vision-ears-ve-7-universal-signature-design-in-ear-monitors-open-box

My question. Are audio46 knowingly listing defective IEM's in the hopes that no one will be able to tell the difference after admitting this in the email to me?
Does Vision ears know about this?

The only possible explanations I can come up with this are:
1: Audio46 are knowingly selling channel imbalanced IEMs
2: They just don't want to honour the pre-order price ($1280)
3: Vision ears have sent out multiple channel imbalanced VE7's (Is there something wrong with the VE7 design?)

It's hard to imagine 3 being correct, and if the answer is 2, then why did they waste nearly 2 months of my time to finally say "Well yes, but actually no".
The annoying part is that the pre-orders were up for nearly a month at that price, so it's hard to imagine it was just a temporary price mistake.

I don't know what to say here. I just hope the answer isn't 1...
Worrying to say the least... I hope VE can chime in on this.

Jul 28, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #2,634 of 5,717
Jul 28, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #2,635 of 5,717
I've never heard Erlky (sadness) but I think my favorite Andro pairing is probably still the PAW S1. (It still sounds amazing with M8 though.)
There's still one working it's way through the US, I'm last on the list, let me talk to Bill and VE to see if we can do a Canadian addition. If you can gather 6+ folks I think we can get it done.

Jul 28, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #2,636 of 5,717
Jul 28, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #2,637 of 5,717
It would be great, signup as a group, with the standard request (name, member status, and location), and we receive @Vision Ears blessing we’ll move forward. I can't wait to listen to Erky, and compare them to the Elysium and VE8! I'm also anxiously awaiting an update on Vision Ears new products!

Jul 29, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #2,638 of 5,717
It would be great, signup as a group, with the standard request (name, member status, and location), and we receive @Vision Ears blessing we’ll move forward. I can't wait to listen to Erky, and compare them to the Elysium and VE8! I'm also anxiously awaiting an update on Vision Ears new products!

My biggest concern about listening to an iem that is no longer in production is I’ll fall in love and will want to buy a new one.

Have fun with your tour!

Jul 29, 2021 at 12:19 AM Post #2,639 of 5,717
Jul 29, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #2,640 of 5,717
i'm always interested in these things :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back