Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Mar 10, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #2,296 of 5,717
E Pro Horn, medium tips seem like the best to me so far with Ely. It confuses me though. The included tips couldn’t be more of a contrast, narrow bore, deep insertion vs e pros. The medium e pros provide extra length between iem tip and inner ear. I think I wrote that right. A seeming trifle like this can make a huge difference in perceived sound, no?
How did you manage to get those tips on the nozzles? :thinking: I tried but couldn't and gave up. I'll try again..

Mar 11, 2021 at 12:14 AM Post #2,297 of 5,717
How did you manage to get those tips on the nozzles? :thinking: I tried but couldn't and gave up. I'll try again..
I am still waiting on mine. However, if tough to get on, turn the flaps up and push on while twisting, then just turn the flaps down once on. I have used this method with other tips and it worked. Tks.

Mar 12, 2021 at 6:37 PM Post #2,299 of 5,717
I think Effect Audio's Virtuoso fits your description best. It's my favourite alternative for their stock cable too. They have a black-sleeved version up on their website now: https://www.effectaudio.com/vogue-series/virtuoso-black.html
I have to thank you for the EA Virtuoso recommendation. The synergy with the Elysium is very good. And not just for the cost. I think it retains the stock cable quality of the vocal presentation and even has a smidge more bass detail that does not overpower the other frequencies in any way. It's also light and ergonomic w/ zero microphonics (and it's black). Win all around for me.

Mar 12, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #2,300 of 5,717
I’m listening VE4, VE5 and VE6X control and last one is my favorite, something between IT07 and Volt.
Really impressed, dunno how VE8 or Elysium can sound better🤤

Mar 13, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #2,301 of 5,717
Vision ears made an amazing iem with VE6X1, I love it also stock tips and cable (3.5) that pairs good with my M8.
Can you suggest me a balanced 4.4 cable with same timbre?

Mar 13, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #2,302 of 5,717
Vision ears made an amazing iem with VE6X1, I love it also stock tips and cable (3.5) that pairs good with my M8.
Can you suggest me a balanced 4.4 cable with same timbre?
I have heard the VE6 and liked it, but I do not own it, so I cannot provide personal experience on cable matches. I can say that the PW1950 is probably my favorite cable (other than a little microphonics) and I have found it to be excellent with Ely and VE-8.

Mar 14, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #2,304 of 5,717
VE6X1 sound amazing with my Shanling M8 but I’d like to find a balanced cable, my Penon cables 2pin doesn’t plug, maybe different 2pin standard for Vision ears.

8707EE1C-89F2-4860-A3F7-1B5EC48D4F3C.jpeg

Mar 14, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #2,307 of 5,717
VE6X1 sound amazing with my Shanling M8 but I’d like to find a balanced cable, my Penon cables 2pin doesn’t plug, maybe different 2pin standard for Vision ears.

8707EE1C-89F2-4860-A3F7-1B5EC48D4F3C.jpeg

My Eletech Plato is a very tight fit.. A little daunting at first but it's there to stay...

Mar 14, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #2,308 of 5,717
I’m looking at effect audio Eros II and Grandioso, did anyone try them on VE6?

Mar 14, 2021 at 8:57 PM Post #2,309 of 5,717
08A499F9-6123-4CD8-BD09-C321C8C778B9.jpeg

Lucky enough to snag a demo of these beauties. Really enjoying what I am hearing out of them. I will put together more impressions compared to other ultra TOTLs hopefully in the coming weeks, but quick impression is that these are as musical as they come. Staging is unique in that it gives off a strong height such that notes seem to ping and fly over your forehead. It's pretty easy to just get lost in the music despite the impressive overall resolution.

The bass tuning options are cool, my favorite being setting 3 as it opens up the stage and detracts from the midbass a bit-but if I am looking for some quality bass (from BAs), setting 2 does dig in deep. Mids are forward, vocals are engaging. And treble is a bit laid-back but still well extended, especially on upper treble.

Well done Vision Ears, they've seemed to master the musicality element of strong technical IEMs. Really looking forward to Erlky's successor as well as EVE21.

Mar 14, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #2,310 of 5,717
08A499F9-6123-4CD8-BD09-C321C8C778B9.jpeg

Lucky enough to snag a demo of these beauties. Really enjoying what I am hearing out of them. I will put together more impressions compared to other ultra TOTLs hopefully in the coming weeks, but quick impression is that these are as musical as they come. Staging is unique in that it gives off a strong height such that notes seem to ping and fly over your forehead. It's pretty easy to just get lost in the music despite the impressive overall resolution.

The bass tuning options are cool, my favorite being setting 3 as it opens up the stage and detracts from the midbass a bit-but if I am looking for some quality bass (from BAs), setting 2 does dig in deep. Mids are forward, vocals are engaging. And treble is a bit laid-back but still well extended, especially on upper treble.

Well done Vision Ears, they've seemed to master the musicality element of strong technical IEMs. Really looking forward to Erlky's successor as well as EVE21.
Yes it’s really a masterpiece from VE. Totally worth it if you can get a used pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back