1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)

First

Back
72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81
83 84 85 86 87 88 89
Next

Last
  1. MrLocoLuciano
    I had universal Elysium at home recently and I managed to have an incredible fit with 3 flange tip. Bass is completely what you describe, I agree with you . Best BA bass i heard on my side.

Barra likes this.
  2. davidmolliere
    The Elysium is quite different from the VE8 in my opinion but that’s only from the Elysium demo so take this with a grain of salt. The bass is probably where they’re the most similar at least I had a great fit with the demo so it must be close even if I expect the custom to be quite better there. The mids on the Elysium it has been said are unique, more layered, nuanced and richer textures. The timbre is more natural sounding and separation is better (which is insane as the VE8 are so apt). Treble wise, I find the VE8 treble are more natural but maybe it takes some getting used to the Elysium treble (and also, I suspect the universal demo is not half as good given of how tips affect the treble presentation). There is an ethereal quality to the Elysium treble that is not up to KSE1500 territory, but at the same time the lower treble has more energy on the Elysium than the KSE1500. If I had to pick, the VE8 is still the most amazing treble so refined and elegant but the Elysium extends further there is more air.

But the final result is more than the sum of its part, the signatures are different more than alike. Erlkönig has much more similarities to the VE8. The best thing is to test each and make up your mind on which you prefer but also which is best addition to a given collection.

vilhelm44 likes this.
  3. MrLocoLuciano
    Curves that completely illustrate what David is saying.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I find there is a real housse sound in VE flagship wich is great caus you know where you go when choosing one instead of another.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    buonassi, vilhelm44 and mvvRAZ like this.
  4. vilhelm44
    Thanks David. That's very helpful. I must admit, I'm very tempted to get an Elysium after reading all the latest reviews but think I will just enjoy my VE8 for the time being as I haven't had it for long and it does wow me on a daily basis :)

5. mvvRAZ
    I'd say if you can afford it, it is definitely worth purchasing. It makes for an excellent complement to the VE8 and it is practically guaranteed to redefine what peak performance sounds like haha

Ultra hyped to received my second one next week

vilhelm44 likes this.
  6. vilhelm44
    If I can get the family discount I think I'd go for it even though I can't really afford it...but then, you only live once right?

mvvRAZ likes this.
  7. mvvRAZ
    Well there's different types of I can't afford it

There's, I won't be able to eat for the next two months but I'm still gonna ****ing do it

And then there's, I have the money, I probably shouldn't spend the money, but yolo

8. vilhelm44
    Or put it on the plastic and worry about it later :wink:

9. mvvRAZ
    Hahaha amen to that. Thankfully I don’t have a plastic or otherwise my signature would be too long

buonassi and vilhelm44 like this.
  10. vilhelm44
    :dt880smile: It does come in handy! Hopefully if the family discount is on the cards, I reckon I'll go for an Ely and one of Eric's Iliad cables. Then go into hibernation.

mvvRAZ likes this.
  11. mvvRAZ
    I’m certain the family discount is fine, @Vision Ears can confirm :)

Actually I have both the Plato and the Iliad ordered from Eric. He himself owns the Elysium and said he prefers the Plato pairing, I’ll also be able to comment on the synergies once I receive them though

12. Vision Ears
    Everyone who bought a VE custom In-Ear before is qualified for the VE FAMILY DEAL.

All information on the family deal can be checked on our website:

https://vision-ears.de/ve-family-deal-en

All the best,

Johannes

Vision Ears Stay updated on Vision Ears at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/visionears.de/ https://www.instagram.com/visionears https://vision-ears.de/ info@vision-ears.de
    vilhelm44 likes this.
  13. vilhelm44
    Yes, Johannes emailed and see he has also posted, which is great! :).

Eric did mention that to me as well, but will only go for either Plato or Iliad. Will see how it goes.

Thanks Johannes, I'll be in touch :)

mvvRAZ likes this.
  14. Jalo
    Why is Erlkonig excluded from the family deal?

15. hAbIrAbI
    Have you read the poem? You would understand why if you did. :wink:

buonassi and davidmolliere like this.
First

Back
72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81
83 84 85 86 87 88 89
Next

Last