Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Dec 5, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #1,247 of 5,715
Received this today. Pretty happy so far.
397AE54A-11A8-4E41-8001-2A515ABD9656.jpeg

Dec 5, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #1,250 of 5,715
Currently the Topping DX7 Pro
I haven’t tried that, might be pretty good

The Elysium has crazy scaling, play around with some sources see how you like it :)

Dec 6, 2019 at 5:32 AM Post #1,251 of 5,715
After the discussions that were had on some of the threads of other companies I feel obligated to mention this here

I am yet to send an email to @Vision Ears with any issue or question that hasn't been answered within a few hours of the same day. Johannes and the rest of the team have become my absolute reference for consistently top-notch service

Dec 6, 2019 at 6:39 AM Post #1,252 of 5,715
That's also my opinion. They stand by there word and are super fast in answering any question or inquiry that may arise. They are just fast and reliable.

Dec 8, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #1,254 of 5,715
Placed my order for the VE8, I demo’d both the Elysium and VE8 and went for the latter as I felt like I wanted more slam. Elysium was something else though, very unique sounding. Hopefully I can get it by mid-Jan?
Can't go wrong with either, they both hold a legendary status imo

Dec 10, 2019 at 5:51 AM Post #1,255 of 5,715
Elysium No2 has been shipped out today!!!! <3

On a side note, only @Vision Ears will apologise for the late reply when they take over 10 hours to respond to an email :D :D

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #1,257 of 5,715
I'm having such difficulties choosing between the Elysium and the VE8.
I listen to a lot of vocal based music (acoustic singer song writers stuff for example) but I also listen to a lot of Rock & Heavy Metal.
And to top it all off, classical music (piano, violion, orchestral pieces) and film music :-D
The only genres I generally don't spend much time on are RnB & Hip-Hop.
As such for now my preferences seem to go for the Elysium but I've always been used to the coherent multi-ba sound :)
Going to pair with AK SP1000M.
Difficult choices :wink:

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #1,258 of 5,715
I listen to a lot of vocal based music (acoustic singer song writers stuff for example) but I also listen to a lot of Rock & Heavy Metal.
And to top it all off, classical music (piano, violion, orchestral pieces) and film music :-D
As such for now my preferences seem to go for the Elysium but I've always been used to the coherent multi-ba sound :)
Thats why you need more than one iem :wink:
It was similar for me as i listen to the same genres as you and opted for the VE8. I didn't regret it.

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #1,259 of 5,715

I listen to all the same stuff and opted for VE8 and really glad I did as it shines with all of those genres, especially vocals based.

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #1,260 of 5,715
Thats why you need more than one iem :wink:
It was similar for me as i listen to the same genres as you and opted for the VE8. I didn't regret it.

I listen to all the same stuff and opted for VE8 and really glad I did as it shines with all of those genres, especially vocals based.

Can I ask if you also tried the Elysium and what ultimately made you decide to go for the VE8?
I thought the VE8 had a bit more bass and a warmer tuning whereas the vocals might shine a tad more on the Elysium?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back