Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
May 18, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #1,546 of 5,715
ve extras. doin' it right...every...time.

congrats on the new pickup, bobby.

hopefully i'll join you soon...

May 18, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #1,547 of 5,715
@aaf evo comgrats! The more I listen to the tour elysium the more I love it. It’s an iem that has unique balance, clarity, and musicality I’ve never heard before. John Williams and Hans Zimmerman sound remarkable as does animals as leaders and dance gavin dance. I’m going to place an order for the Elysian very soon. Did you pay any import customs?

May 18, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #1,548 of 5,715
@aaf evo comgrats! The more I listen to the tour elysium the more I love it. It’s an iem that has unique balance, clarity, and musicality I’ve never heard before. John Williams and Hans Zimmerman sound remarkable as does animals as leaders and dance gavin dance. I’m going to place an order for the Elysian very soon. Did you pay any import customs?

Thank you! I am listening now and just really really happy with them, glad I FINALLY got around to getting a pair for myself.

I didn’t have to pay any import duties on the Elysium but I did pay $41 to receive the Erlkonig, both shipped via DHL Express.

May 18, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #1,550 of 5,715
Urghh I’m so tempted to order a universal Eysium but I don’t know if I could live with the BA bass 😫 even the U12t’s bass isn’t cutting it for me.
Probably not then, unless you use in genre specifically. There's about 5db less sub-bass

graph-2.png

Last edited:
May 18, 2020 at 7:26 PM Post #1,552 of 5,715
Yeah I had seen the graphs, I was just wondering if the DD mids would offset the loss of the DD lows but I guess I’ll never know until I try it.

That's the real question. I've often contemplated the Elysium and wondered if I could live with, not just bass from a BA but a single BA at that. Could the mids alluring enough to mitigate that? Only an actual demo will tell.

May 18, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #1,553 of 5,715
That's the real question. I've often contemplated the Elysium and wondered if I could live with, not just bass from a BA but a single BA at that. Could the mids alluring enough to mitigate that? Only an actual demo will tell.

I really think it’s the only way to negate any concerns... but the allure is still very much there 😫 DD mids and Estat highs are tantalising.

Last edited:
May 18, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #1,554 of 5,715
I really think it’s the only way to negate any concerns... but the allure is still very much there 😫 DD mids and Estat highs is tantalising.

Yes...I'm pretty content at the moment but if I do anything rash on the audio front in the coming weeks/months I suspect the Elysiyum uni will be it. I would really like to own at least one VE IEM.

May 18, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #1,556 of 5,715
I always recommend a demo. I listen to a lot of EDM so I need some bass quantity. I don’t think the elysium as a single IEM for edm listeners as myself would quite cut it but it’s definitely an IEM that deserves a spot in anyone collection. Vocals just sound superb and the treble is very well done and extended without getting peaky. The bass doesn’t have a large slam that’ll grab your attention but for 1 BA it’s quite well done.

May 18, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #1,560 of 5,715
At first listen I found the bass lacking. After listening for a longer time I grew more found of the tuning. The bass is present in a fashion that fully supports each song. Certain genres will suffer slightly but overall I can see why the tuning is the way it is. Too bad I have to ship them to the next person on Thursday. Like others have stated, it is one iem that should be demo’d by everyone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back