Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Jun 12, 2020 at 7:33 AM Post #1,577 of 5,715
Taken from VE’s Instagram:

A35C74FC-88D1-4A9E-81DB-8318B86028AF.jpeg

Jun 12, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #1,586 of 5,715
I think it is a smart move to release a universal Elysium as well. With COVID-19 it is allot harder at the moment to have impressions made, this allows VE more sales without needing impressions.
I just tried the Erlkönig, Elysium, VE8 and EVE20 all in one session. My brain is fried! I like the VE8 and Elysium the best. Wonder if the new model is Erlkönig LE?

Would you mind sharing your opinion on the Erlkönig vs the Elysium?

Jun 13, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #1,588 of 5,715
Jun 13, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #1,589 of 5,715
@AEIOU9 @proedros

Elysium has incredible mids and the best vocals I've ever heard. There is a focus on the mids, for sure. They have an overall laid back, but very emotional, musical, and engaging sound. Detail level is quite good, but a bit below the most detailed IEMs I've heard. Bass is the biggest question mark for many people; while it is extremely detailed, and punchy, it is a bit on the lighter side for heavier genres (think edm, pop,) and it lacks sustained rumbling abilities that some people are looking for. I do NOT perceive this as a weakness, but rather a tuning choice, and think it's important to always caveat this.

The Erlkonig is much more balanced overall, with, unquestionably, the most detail I've encountered in an IEM...far more than even my a18t which is already quite good. The bass is easily the best I've ever heard on a BA IEM (and even vs most DD IEMs...it is incredible.) Sub-bass is phenomenal, and the erlky is capable of creating a massive amount of bass that surrounds you and that you can feel, and not just hear. It takes the emotional, musical, and engaging nature of the Elysium, and runs away with it. It has the blackest background I've experienced in an IEM, and the sound that the 13 BAs produce maintains all the positive qualities of a BA-iem, but somehow also portrays the power and smoothness of a DD. FWIW, I sold everything I had to pick up the Erlkonig once I heard it, and it was an easy decision. The erlky also has 4 switchable sounds that are quite distinct...so it has that going for it as well.

Just skimming the surface on differences here, but hopefully that will help drive the conversation a bit further. Is there anything specific either of you are thinking about?

...all that said, I plan to pick up an elysium to complement the erlky, because of the elysium's extremely unique tuning, and because its vocal presentation is unmatched.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #1,590 of 5,715
@toaster Erlkonig sounds like he best iem around atm , lucky for me it only comes out as universal and also is quite expensive (as i am very short on money and only want a custom version) so no upgraditis urges

great impressions , very helpful and to the point

Users who are viewing this thread

Back