Victor HP-FX500 Review: World's first Wood Canalphones
Aug 10, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #646 of 1,087
I just want to throw one quick question to all forumers who have ordered fx500 from seyo. Did the box come in seal? Cuz mine didn't. Just so you know, I'm not asking this because I have doubt over its condition whether it is new or not. I'm just being curious. That's all. Another thing is, it came with weird price tag (13700YEN) which is approximately around USD$140 and I paid mine for just USD$129. Did yours come in that price tag as well? Inquire mine wants to know.
smile_phones.gif

Aug 10, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #648 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No price tag.... Unsealed.....

I hope they aren't selling refurbs or open box items.
eek.gif

Aug 10, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #649 of 1,087
Aug 10, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #651 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It looks like the boxes were designed to hang from hooks on a display rack. I am fully conifdent that mine are new and fresh.

Is there reliable way that you can spot refurb from new one? They all comes from factory, after all. Anyway, I don't think mine is used either. It looked really fresh.

Aug 11, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #653 of 1,087
I'm not audiophile or any sort but does anyone notice that fx500 excels in Jazz department or it just me? I was listening to Quando3 and I felt like it was immaculate performance.

Aug 11, 2009 at 5:39 AM Post #654 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody469 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Without going through all the threads again, can someone give me the "best" tips link for the FX500 so I can go ahead and order some?

Thank You

Hello Everyone, here's all the Tips I've tried with the HP-FX500. Not on the list for me yet are the KOSS Earcushions for the KE29S... Hopefully Soon.

This is the order I tried them on in...

1) Victor Tips (L)
2) Victor / JVC Microfoams
3) V-MODA BLISS Silicone Tips (L)
4) SONY Hybrid Silicone Tips (L)
5) Phonak Audeo Silicone Tips (L)/(M)
6) COMPLY T-400 Foam Tips
7) COMPLY P-Series Foam Tips

These are my "picks":

With LINKS:

#1) Right Now, the BEST tip I have tried are the de-tubed COMPLY P-Series Tips... You just de-tube them, and pull them up and over the nozzle of the HP-FX500 and allow them to expand again completely.

COMPLY P-Series Link on Amazon.com (USA)

After hearing the COMPLY P-Series I put them ahead of the SONY Hybrid Silicone Tips by a fair margin. Not only is the Bass full and "nice" but the mids and Treble is smooth... I also like how this particular Ear Tip fills up my canal comfortably.

#2) Here's the link for the SONY Hybrid Silicone Tips, as has been mentioned, these elongate the Bass and Treble signature of the 'phones. Bass is full and deep with these tips, but not as satisfying as with the COMPLY P-Series Tips. Treble is nice and very detailed. Mids get a bit shy.

SONY Hybrid Silicone Tips from SonyStyle.com (USA)

#3) Another Tip I enjoy (but are Rather troublesome to wriggle onto the nozzle of the HP-FX500) are the Phonak Audeo Silicone Tips. I'm somewhere above the Medium, somewhere below the Large in Fit... YMMV. However... There's a nice "crossharmonic wiggle" effect with these Tips that make them fun. Seriously they actually "shimmy" and "shake" in your ear canal. Odd material they make these out of.

Here's the LINK to them on the Audeoworld site...

#4) Next up, but a nice fitting, comfy, and good Bass sealing Tip, but definitely below the other rankings, except for edging out the COMPLY T-400 Tips for ME, are the V-MODA BLISS Silicone Tips. A nice all-rounder for sports or the Gym when you won't wan't your headphones to pop out.

Here's a LINK at the V-MODA Store...

#5) _IF_ you are shy about DIY or don't want to mess with de-tubing (actually a very simple affair with the P-Series Tips) then you can try the COMPLY the MUCH LESS DENSE FOAM COMPLY T-400, which is really a TOTALLY different, much "mellower" tip (and LESS Bass) than the P-Series to my Ear.

Here's a Link to the COMPLY T-400 Tips on Amazon.com (USA)

6) Last in this Mini-Review, But not least by Reputation, are the KOSS Earcushions which, again only because I haven't auditioned them; but a few folks, especially chinesekiwi can attest to the positive audio features of this Tip on the rendition of the HP-FX500's "sound signature".... Don't know if the link will work, posted it before, and a few folks had problems with it. So if the link doesn't work for you go to:

:: KOSS :: Welcome

and look up the KE29S Replacement Earcushions

Here's the LINK to the KOSS "K" Page for Replacement Earcushions

OH and the Victor Tips were not reviewed, because, well, we're looking for replacements for THOSE (they slip out of MY ears!)

HAPPY HUNTING for a SOUND you find to YOUR Liking!!

Aug 11, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #657 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthonym /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not audiophile or any sort but does anyone notice that fx500 excels in Jazz department or it just me? I was listening to Quando3 and I felt like it was immaculate performance.

x2, I think its sound signature makes it a good match for Jazz.

Aug 13, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #660 of 1,087
I just received my Koss earcushions. I ordered the KE29S, however I think they might have sent the wrong ones. The pack does not state the model number on it. The only thing I see on the package by the sku is product no EXK. It looks like these are for the KEB Models from the info on the back. These tips are huge. Which ones are you using with FX 500?

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back