Victor HP-FX500 Review: World's first Wood Canalphones
Feb 17, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #1,083 of 1,087
Very interesting observation.  I have the fx 1000 and I find it similar to fostex t50 rp which also I adore.  These are my favourites now.  I would love to hear if there are any one else comparing these babies to full size cans?

Also, how about Fx700 compared to full sized cans?

Feb 17, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #1,084 of 1,087
I totally agree :)   Same thoughts here.  I am now trying to get rid of my other iems...I am totally smitten by how much enjoyable fx 1000 can be just with sansa clip. 

Feb 17, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #1,085 of 1,087
Quote:
Just wanted to add that I've been using these for almost two years now and they've been the best personal audio I've ever had. I got rid of everything else I have including over the ear headphones as a result. The bass can be overwhelming at times with a good fit, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Accurate? probably not. Reminiscent of live concerts and such? Hell yes.
I've been kind of curious if anything better is out - I'm sure many would say the 700's fit the bill - but what else?

I totally agree :)   Same thoughts here.  I am now trying to get rid of my other iems...I am totally smitten by how much enjoyable fx 1000 can be just with sansa clip. 

ps:  Sorry did not know how to post with quotes earlier..

Feb 17, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #1,086 of 1,087
Quote:
Don't understand how these can reportedly be called harsh (batch difference again?). My pair is revealing, but never to a point where it blatantly accentuates sibilance or harsh frequencies. These are actually very revealing though, lower bitrate or poorly mastered songs will show their flaws very easily with these. 

Anyway, been comparing these back to back with the EX600 and while they both sound very different, they're very close in technical proficiency. Amazing how JVC managed so much with a 8.5mm driver. 

Also, these are hands down the best I've heard with brass instruments, even more so than the FX700s. Strings on par with the 700s with a slightly different flavor that's more in the analytical side. 

These are never harsh for me.  I like these so much now, I am wondering if it is worth upgrading to Fx 700 or even the 800s now?  

May 13, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #1,087 of 1,087
Just found mine in a bin yesterday. Anyone still using theirs? Gonna do some BI then listen again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back